Like it or not, it MAY be time...

After all Fran has done for this program and school people are talking about replacing him now...just sad.

Iowa is an NCAA tournament team. They haven't been since 2006. Sure, we all had higher hopes for Iowa than a 9/10/11 seed in the NCAA tournament, but whatever. The fact that we all even f*cking CARE about Iowa basketball this far into March is a testament to what Fran has done for this program.

Replace Fran? Seriously, GFY

As much as I would love to believe that, Jack, this team has officially quit. I don't know if they quit on Fran or each other or a combination, but this season is over in their heads. They were supposed to hit the reset button tonight but instead played probably the worst game of this entire tailspin.

If this team were a hose, it would be getting poured into Elmer's glue bottles about now.

Hope springs eternal, Linus, but you are correct......,

Something happened......

Simply put, Tim Miles in NCAA year 2. Some Coaches make it happen. Fred Hoiberg did not need 5 years or more. It does not take a generation if your know how to coach.

Yeah let's turn Iowa into a coaching carousel. That sounds like a smart plan.
I can only hope this is a troll thread and we don't actually have fans this stupid.

This is no time to think about getting rid of this coach and staff.

We should be in the dance, I think.

The coaches need to keep recruiting better players. get them their minutes, and have them play to their strenghts

I think it's fairly obvious that Fran has been out-coached in the second half of most games, this season. Does anyone care to go back and see who had the lead at half time, in every game we lost this year? I'd bet we did in 8 or 9 of them.
What more glaring coaching measurement is there? If you are winning most games at half time and the other team's coach goes in and makes the adjustments to beat you......

Collins outcoached us tonight...rookie coach in the league flat out stuck it to Fran

Troof. And everyone -- fans, players, recruits, the TV guys -- could see that. Instead of getting so pizzed about the officiating, I wish Fran would give even half that energy applauding and encouraging his players. what a refreshing view to see one coach pumping his fists and high-five ing his players. Sadly, it was not on the Iowa side of the bench.

Lead by 9 over Villanova - lost
Lead by 7 over Iowa State
lead by 9 over Wisconsin
lead by 4 over MSU
lead by 2 over OSU
lead by 3 over IND
lead by 2 over MSU
lead by 5 over ILL
tied at half with NW
I don't have the energy to go through and see how many 2nd halves we lost in the games we actually won but I remember several.

Why is that so unintelligent? Tell me why you think this guy can coach in the BIG? We beat up on a bunch of horse**** teams early on and lost (with the exception of 1 game) to every decent opponent we played. Further, we had an EPIC collapse down the stretch when we had a chance to solidify a tourney bid. This team is BAD and it starts at the top. Fran turns programs around but that's about it...why can't we think about the future?

You left one thing out, CANCER!

You left one thing out, CANCER!
So you think these last few weeks are the result of Patrick's situation? What are the assistant coaches doing? I don't want to sound insensitive but if Fran needs to step away from his day-to-day duties, that's what the assistants are there for.

Latest posts