Light in the shorts?

good-boy-good-poop.gif

I'm sure Brian, Kirk and even Reese are all pitching in with this OLine. Hard to belive they would miss evaluate that many players. They've got to be at least average. I don't think they've been well coached in spring and in August. Its not youth... not buying it. When they're that bad, its coaching.

Iowa's Olines have always been developmental and typically peak as the season goes. Think of where they were most of the year last season until towards the end, say like the Kentucky game. I really think Iowa will make strides on the Oline this season.

Iowa's Olines have always been developmental and typically peak as the season goes. Think of where they were most of the year last season until towards the end, say like the Kentucky game. I really think Iowa will make strides on the Oline this season.
There is no way to go but up. That said, the Hawks typically play Nebraska, IL, and Minny late. Might be the explanation for late season "development".

There is no way to go but up. That said, the Hawks typically play Nebraska, IL, and Minny late. Might be the explanation for late season "development".
Weird, they play all of those teams again this year. Who could see any possibility of any sort of development happening again?

We'll see. The starting point is a lot lower.
Iowa has looked like trash a lot of years in their OOC - sometimes in all facets, still end up finding a way to compete more years than not.

When something looks like it's going one way, a lot of times it swings back pretty hard the opposite way. That's college sports in a nutshell. It would not shock me to see Iowa lose the next two games, but it wouldn't shock me to see them win them both either and crack the top 25 the first week in October. That would be pretty on brand for this program actually.

Iowa has looked like trash a lot of years in their OOC - sometimes in all facets, still end up finding a way to compete more years than not.

When something looks like it's going one way, a lot of times it swings back pretty hard the opposite way. That's college sports in a nutshell. It would not shock me to see Iowa lose the next two games, but it wouldn't shock me to see them win them both either and crack the top 25 the first week in October. That would be pretty on brand for this program actually.
The season will play out. Good thing the West is weak.

Hawks are notoriously slow starters, thats why Kirk‘s signature wins are usually not early season and that’s why we dont schedule the heavies early. It’s better than peaking early, Who’s been the most hated man in IC the last 20 years. Times up, the OC or the starting QB. There should be a disclaimer for being an OC for Iowa, (must be good at dodging thrown objects as well as questions). OC’s are Kirks fall guys for running his offense and philosophy. That’s why some guys have dogs, to blame their farts on.

Latest posts