Lick's Conference Call Today

BA, didn't you see it yesterday vs Indiana?

just kidding.

Well it is March 1st , a little late in the year to be "making progess"

Are you doing more than just looking at the headline and thinking it is the same banter? Probably, cause your banters never change.

What the heck do you expect him to say?

"Uh, we are horrible. I cannot coach my way out of a paper bag. I have lost the fan base...."

This is the definition of 'much ado about nothing'.

We just beat the worst team in the BT. Oh joy. Oh bliss.

That's what you should do to the worst team in your conference: beat them.

Also, how in the heck can you make progress when you have reached a level of futility never before seen at the University of Iowa?

What the heck do you expect him to say?

"Uh, we are horrible. I cannot coach my way out of a paper bag. I have lost the fan base...."

QUOTE]

If he did that it would earn him one respect point for honesty in my book, bringing his grand total of respect points to 1.

And that's something they actually have done.

Like he!! they have! The worst Iowa basketball team in history beat the worst basketball team in Indiana history.... We are 2-7 over our last 9 games and 1-3 in our last 4. That's not improving, that's simply playing an opponent that sucks worse than you do.

Pretty simple, play better at the end of the year than you were at the beginning.

Look at the schedule.

The beginning and end are, basically, mirror images of one another (based on W's and L's).

I really do not see much improvement.

We take one step forward, 2 steps back.
Sorry, I cannot see it any more clearly for that.

Like he!! they have! The worst Iowa basketball team in history beat the worst basketball team in Indiana history.... We are 2-7 over our last 9 games and 1-3 in our last 4. That's not improving, that's simply playing an opponent that sucks worse than you do.

+1

Look at the schedule.

The beginning and end are, basically, mirror images of one another (based on W's and L's).

I really do not see much improvement.

We take one step forward, 2 steps back.
Sorry, I cannot see it any more clearly for that.

You arent seeing any improvement because you dont WANT to see improvement. They are playing better now than they were at the beginning of the season. I'm not talking about the W's and L's or who they are playing, I'm talking about execution.

The thing that kills me everytime he is interviewed he talks about progress. We are making strides with young guys. This time of year they are not young guys, and most of these guys have played AAU for years against the same type of competition. So I am through with improvement...show me how they have improved. Tell me how they are improving...coachspeak.

AZmess, even though I agree with you, you are going to have a hard time convincing some posters on this board about any improvements with this team this year. I mean you have four big time reps. of HaterNation in this thread alone. I respect the effort, but they will wear you down with their relentless and repetitive banter, their relentless and repetitive banter, thier relentless and repetitive banter.

The thing that kills me everytime he is interviewed he talks about progress. We are making strides with young guys. This time of year they are not young guys, and most of these guys have played AAU for years against the same type of competition. So I am through with improvement...show me how they have improved. Tell me how they are improving...coachspeak.

Loess, haven't I read on here where you claim to have been or are a coach. I am not sure and I may be incorrect. However, if you have not seen any improvement in execution, i.e. moving the ball inside to out better, working the pick and roll better and how it should be done and the personal improvement of Fuller, Payne and May, just to name a few, then a seriously question your alleged coaching skills. Or at least your the fact you cannot see past your blind hatred of Todd Lickliter.

I think teams are supposed to improve from beginning of season to the end- that is why coaches get paid $1Mil+. Unfortunately, at the end of the year; we are really only better than Indiana.