~Lickliter says he expects to use Tucker Scholarship~

JG10Hawk

Yesterday Todd let it slip out that he expects there to be 13 scholarship players next year.

Last edited:
Names of guys who are under the radar....would be a safe assumption. Barta should require him to bank it...so the next guy has at least 2 available next year.

I will be shocked if it is his son. Very shocked. Other names will surface.

If it is then he should be released immediately.

Kaylon Williams or Kurt Alexander? I hope, hope... Problem is Kurt is drawing interest from other teams..:mad:

Nice story in the Iowa City paper today about Matt Gatens really wanting to turn things around, next year.

There will be NO banking scholarships. It's time to get some help in here for Gatens, May, Fuller to turn it around.

I look for Kaylon Williams to be a Hawkeye very soon.

Nice story in the Iowa City paper today about Matt Gatens really wanting to turn things around, next year.

There will be NO banking scholarships. It's time to get some help in here for Gatens, May, Fuller to turn it around.

I look for Kaylon Williams to be a Hawkeye very soon.

+1

Sure it's about getting help but it's also about Coach Lickliter keeping his job.

Iowa needs a capable PG to push Cully Payne in practice and give him breaks during the game. Lickliter certainly can't think that his son is the person to that. If so he needs to leave now.

I posted on here and Twitter a week or so ago that good news was coming on this front.

It's not Kaylon.

I know it's a guard, though. I actually thought the staff would have a commitment announced when I put that up. From what I had heard, it was pretty much a done deal... then I didn't hear anything for a couple weeks. So I don't know...

If I had to guess (complete guess), it'd be Alexander.

It's not, I repeat, not his son. Lickliter is not going to do that.

Are you sure he would take it? He would not be the first person to turn our coach down. How embarrassing! Rob said he is not sure if he would take it. I think he has a better feel than anyone I know.

Are you sure he would take it? He would not be the first person to turn our coach down. How embarrassing! Rob said he is not sure if he would take it. I think he has a better feel than anyone I know.
The good news is, guys like Ben Brust, Cody Larson, Zach McCabe, and Roy Marble Jr didn't turn Lickliter down.

You can't get them all. I know it's crazy talk, but players do turn down offers from other schools. They can only pick one.

I only saw the video clips of him but saw similarities between his game and Val Barnes. Doesn't look like a natural point guard but a scorer with the capability to play the point effectively.

Others have said his defense was suspect, I couldn't draw a conclusion. Again only a 3 min video so take my view point for what it's worth.

I posted on here and Twitter a week or so ago that good news was coming on this front.

It's not Kaylon.

I know it's a guard, though. I actually thought the staff would have a commitment announced when I put that up. From what I had heard, it was pretty much a done deal... then I didn't hear anything for a couple weeks. So I don't know...

If I had to guess (complete guess), it'd be Alexander.

It's not, I repeat, not his son. Lickliter is not going to do that.

Considering the outstanding of job of evaluating talent and character, thus far, this is completely underwhelming and not a bit comforting news.
Everything this staff does should be carefully scrutinized, based on the debacle call antony tucker.

Latest posts