Lickliter Hired as Evansville Assistant

That's correct, room, board tuition and he would send two guys in a jeep to pick me up and delivery me to west point.

I already know what's going to happen. We have a dream season and get a 1 seed with 1 Big 10 loss (to Michigan State who goes undefeated of course). Evansvile sucks the whole year but miraculously wins there conference tournament to get in as a 16 seed. The committee places us together due to the Lickliter ties. Garza sprains his ankle and our shooters go 0-38 from 3 and we lose on a buzzer beater 36-35.

tenor.gif

I already know what's going to happen. We have a dream season and get a 1 seed with 1 Big 10 loss (to Michigan State who goes undefeated of course). Evansvile sucks the whole year but miraculously wins there conference tournament to get in as a 16 seed. The committee places us together due to the Lickliter ties. Garza sprains his ankle and our shooters go 0-38 from 3 and we lose on a buzzer beater 36-35.

I think I would have to shoot myself.

And then Evansville would make the Sweet 16, and we get to spend the next five years arguing with a certain few people that Lickliter really IS a good coach after all, and we just didn't give him enough time.

"The Evansville Way".

Evansville has absolutely no fast break points but wins the Time of Possession by 8 minutes.

I have a funny story about my recruitment. One of the schools that was after me was Army. There is no way I was going to west point. I had to tell coach K to quit calling me every day, I am not interested. I may have been the last recruit to tell him no.

"I can't play for a coach who I can't spell his last name or say it without spitting on myself."

Latest posts