Lick supporters-Was this the game?

if ur talking about fans not being in the stands, there is 0% on lick there, that aspect comes down to all of us, the fans. u want better attendance, come to the games urself or encourage others to do so if u are unable.

Like i really want to drive an hour and go pay 20 dollars to watch a team pass the ball around and set ball screen after ball screen and then shoot 3pointers all night. I can go to the YMCA and watch that crap for free!

Face it, TL is the reason no one is in the stands, he either needs to change his coaching philosophy or start looking for a new job. I mean his offense has no MOVEMENT what so ever. It is the most boring style of offense there is. Ball screen after ball screen is not an offense, that is a 5th grade level offense. Hell our players don't even Roll to the basket when they screen, they just stand there or roll back outside! I am sorry but after watching this program the past 3 years, I can say I don't think I will ever step foot into carver until a coaching change is made. I don't pumped up to watch a team score 40pts and get beat by 10 or more.

I think it sucks too, but that's the reality of it, and leaves me with two options.

1. **** and moan about it, come on here and rip the coaches, players, and administration.

2. Look for signs of improvement from game to game, focus on the positives, and hope that Iowa can play spoiler down the stretch.

I don't disagree with this. It's just that you're a a Traditional Lager, and I'm a Black & Tan kind of guy. ;)

Umm...I live in Georgia and that makes for a long drive to Carver...so do I have permission to say it's pathetic-looking?

The short answer is no. The only people that should be allowed to complain about lack of fans or lack of atmosphere are the people that actually go (well maybe the players SHOULD be able to complain as well).

My old Social Studies teacher used to say "if you don't vote youv'e got no right to complain". I think that fits well here.

Lack of wins = problem with the program
Lack of attendence= problem with the fans

Again Iowa fans have a very poor track record in regards to supporting basketball the last dozen years.

I disagree with that. Because I don't travel the few hours to Iowa City doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion. Just because you don't pay for the tickets because you don't like the product doesn't mean I don't contribute money in different ways. The most notable way with all of the things I by for myself and kids each year from the Hawk Shop, not to mention alumni donations (no matter how small).

LOL still blaming the previous coach huh...

what a freekig joke.
I am absolutely NOT blaming Alford. Nowhere in my post do I blame Alford.

I don't care to assign blame at all, it's just a situation that developed as a result of changing coaches - transitioning from one program to another isn't always smooth if the remaining players don't fit cleanly into the new system.

If there's any blame for that, maybe it's Gary Barta - but I'm not even going there.

And I was one of the bigger Alford haters on this board, but I don't hold him accountable for any of this.

Once again, now that the roster has stabilized, and better recruiting classes start coming in, I expect Lick to win. Up until now, quite a bit has happened that's frankly been out of his control.

You could hold SA responsible for year 1 maybe 2, but not year 3. It doesn't take more than a month to learn a good basketball "system". I hate when I hear they have to learn the system.

I watch every game I can from my couch as we have moved to Wi. So my fat duff has too far to drive to watch in person. We used to come a couple of times a year, but with the economy and the type of ball we play I will spend my dollars on somthing a little more exciting. Like a trip to the library. I hope we win every game the rest of the year and hope TL turns it around and is here for 30 years. That being said, the realist in me says .. don't think so. I have not seen anything at all that tells me he is going to be successful here. If he were a manager for my company I would pull the plug on him right after the end of the season. But I am sure Barta won't do that.

Latest posts