Liam Robbins transferring from Drake

Well Ogundale would most likely be taking Pemsls mins. He wouldn't play a ton unless Nunge or Garza got hurt. He hopefully shouldn't be playing enough for it to really matter much. Unless he's just too good to keep off the floor but that'd be a great problem to have. I think we'll see mostly a lineup like this out there regardless of who starts.

Garza
CM
CJF
JW
JBo

Nunge may start with CM coming off the bench but I think CM will play a boat load where he can sub for Nunge CJ and JW. So plenty of mins for CM to play regardless of if he starts or not. We'll be a matchup nightmare for most teams there's no doubt about it.

I think JBo, Connor, CJF, Nunge all play between 20 and 25 each game. Garza and Wieskamp will play somewhere in the low 30s. And some combination of those 6 will be the end of game players. And the starters will also be some combination of those 6. Then around 20-25 minutes between Joe T and PMac. Then around 10-15 to split between Ogundale and Ulis/Perkins. I think Murray twins will redshirt as well as either Ulis or Perkins. That's basically an 8 man rotation with spot minutes for two of the freshman.

The actual positions dont matter too much if we stick to the motion and primarily 4 out 1 in offense. On defense I hope to see primarily zone defense again.

I think that will give Iowa the best chance to win every night next year.

I think JBo, Connor, CJF, Nunge all play between 20 and 25 each game. Garza and Wieskamp will play somewhere in the low 30s. And some combination of those 6 will be the end of game players. And the starters will also be some combination of those 6. Then around 20-25 minutes between Joe T and PMac. Then around 10-15 to split between Ogundale and Ulis/Perkins. I think Murray twins will redshirt as well as either Ulis or Perkins. That's basically an 8 man rotation with spot minutes for two of the freshman.

The actual positions dont matter too much if we stick to the motion and primarily 4 out 1 in offense. On defense I hope to see primarily zone defense again.

I think that will give Iowa the best chance to win every night next year.
Yeah I'm not sure on which freshman will play much. Ogundale I think will for sure play significant mins as he'll be the 3rd big guy. Any foul trouble injury etc and that opens the door for him to play more then 5-10 mins a game for sure. Granted we'll play a lot of small ball when Nunge comes out but still there's mins for him to get.

But Fran isn't afraid to play freshman. If they are good to go he'll play em. Perkins may not find much time. And even Ulis. JT if he improves a little and continues to play well he could easily handle all the mins JBo doesn't play backing him up. Those two will battle it out for those mins. The Murray Twins are an X factor. For one I love what I heard about both their games. For two Patrick McCafferys health will have a lot to do with their PT as well. I think he would have played a lot this yr had he been healthy. If he's back I don't see much if any time for the Twins and they both may RS or at least 1. If PM is still out then that kinda opens the door for some mins.

Yeah I'm not sure on which freshman will play much. Ogundale I think will for sure play significant mins as he'll be the 3rd big guy. Any foul trouble injury etc and that opens the door for him to play more then 5-10 mins a game for sure. Granted we'll play a lot of small ball when Nunge comes out but still there's mins for him to get.

But Fran isn't afraid to play freshman. If they are good to go he'll play em. Perkins may not find much time. And even Ulis. JT if he improves a little and continues to play well he could easily handle all the mins JBo doesn't play backing him up. Those two will battle it out for those mins. The Murray Twins are an X factor. For one I love what I heard about both their games. For two Patrick McCafferys health will have a lot to do with their PT as well. I think he would have played a lot this yr had he been healthy. If he's back I don't see much if any time for the Twins and they both may RS or at least 1. If PM is still out then that kinda opens the door for some mins.

If PMac can't consistently play then I agree that at least one of the Murray twins will get an opportunity. As far as Ogundale I'm thinking that Nunge and Garza will eat up most of the post player minutes. Especially with a couple more guards added to the mix I think we will see even more small ball lineups this year. That will be our strength and I see Ogundale playing a similar role to what Oleseni played his freshman year. Meaning there may be games that he doesn't play at all but he will get a little more time in the early games.

If PMac can't consistently play then I agree that at least one of the Murray twins will get an opportunity. As far as Ogundale I'm thinking that Nunge and Garza will eat up most of the post player minutes. Especially with a couple more guards added to the mix I think we will see even more small ball lineups this year. That will be our strength and I see Ogundale playing a similar role to what Oleseni played his freshman year. Meaning there may be games that he doesn't play at all but he will get a little more time in the early games.
And yeah with all the guards/sf types we have if they are playing well and we stick with the small ball style the 2 bigs might eat up most all the mins they have. I could see that being the case as well with Ogundale. It felt like they played Pemsl quite a bit later in the year. Either way I just want to see us playing at a high level making it miserable for who we matchup with. Getting JBo back and having 4 shooters around Garza will do that all by itself.

Latest posts