Liam Robbins transferring from Drake

Stanzi

He averaged 14 points, 7 boards and 3 blocks per game as a sophomore. He stands 7 feet tall and weighs 235 pounds.

He'd have to sit a year but would be a great addition and could start right away for Iowa after Garza graduates.

@RobHowe any idea if Fran will go after him?

Iowa is definitely involved and his entire family are hawk fans it sounds like. He will get quite a lot of interest so no guarantees.

I love the idea of him battling with Garza in his sit out season next year in practice and then coming in the following year. The block shot stat is more translatable to any level in my opinion. Would love to have a defensive minded rim protector that can chip in a few buckets. This will be one to follow.

Iowa is interested. I suspect there will be quite a bit of interest. His uncle is on the staff at Minnesota.

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw he was transferring was that Cordel Pemsl should transfer to Drake. He should be able to start immediately.
And, of course, Liam should come to Iowa, redshirt and learn from Luka, then become a rockstar replacement of Luka in 2021.
Crazy times we live in.

I was just reading an article about him today, He lost 70 pounds after high school, and became a player. Can't blame Iowa for missing out on him the first go round, everyone except Drake did. Maybe they'll get a second chance.

Did Coronavirus buy Pitino another year?

They’ve made the tournament 2 times in his 7 years there (they weren’t making it this year) and lost in the first round as a 5 seed one of those times. With Oturu gone it’s going to take a monster turnaround for them to make it next year, but it’s unlikely.

Is this kid going to commit to Minnesota, sit a year, an then be looking at an entirely different coaching staff? Maybe Minnesota is okay with 2 dances in 8 years?

More Pitino bashing...

Do people understand how much basketball talent that state produces and Pitino doesn’t even recruit a lot of them? I talked about D1 Minnesota AAU team that Pat McCaffery played on that had 5 D1 players, 3 of them were big time freshman at the P5 level last year and another was a role player at Wisconsin. Pitino doesn’t even recruit most of these guys. Both Tyus and Tre Jones were from Minnesota as well.

Wisconsin just shared the big ten championship (puke) with three contributing players from Minnesota (Reuvers, Davison, Wahl) and are bringing in two more recruits from Minnesota this next year (one a four star). Again Pitino doesn’t even really recruit these guys.

If I was a Minnesota fan/alum/booster (triple puke) I’d would be pushing like heck to get Pitino fired. Guy is basically a train wreck who has been able to disguise it with a few high level players, but never the ability to build an entire roster.

Could Pitino become the Lane Kiffin of basketball? At least the coat tails Kiffin road on were good... Monte was highly respected. Sleazy Rick...not so much.

He averaged 14 points, 7 boards and 3 blocks per game as a sophomore. He stands 7 feet tall and weighs 235 pounds.

He'd have to sit a year but would be a great addition and could start right away for Iowa after Garza graduates.

@RobHowe any idea if Fran will go after him?

A Nunge, Robbins, and Weiskamp frontline in whatever year.

Latest posts