Let's talk football

4thngoal

6th in career rushing yards
3rd in touchdowns
4th in number of carries
10th in career scoring
Guess who?
No shake and bake, no wiggle, just 100% straight forward determination 2 YES 2 star athlete Mark Weisman. Straight out of the Air Force Academy that's who holds those records at Iowa. Everyone knew we were going to run and they stacked the box and still couldn't stop him. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
No opinion, just fact.

very good numbers. As for your thread title I think we have been talking football for the last 10 days about some junk around the program. Hard to talk X's and O's, recruits, strategy, upcoming schedule with all this other noise and still not sure if games will be played.

You think they are going to be packing stadiums full in Florida the way things are going there? Gov DeSantis will say go ahead and pack the stadiums but he also said something about Florida being 'God's waiting room'. Hahahaha just wow

This is the first thread I have opened and not immediately closed with disgust. Getting harder and harder to come to the board as no one seems to want to be respectful.

6th in career rushing yards
3rd in touchdowns
4th in number of carries
10th in career scoring
Guess who?
No shake and bake, no wiggle, just 100% straight forward determination 2 YES 2 star athlete Mark Weisman. Straight out of the Air Force Academy that's who holds those records at Iowa. Everyone knew we were going to run and they stacked the box and still couldn't stop him. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
No opinion, just fact.

Imagine the numbers if he was good!

Just kidding Weisman.

Imagine the numbers if he was good!

Just kidding Weisman.
Well faster anyway. The Oline blocked pretty well for him and he would consistently get to the 2nd level. But he didn't have that upper gear and got caught from behind a lot. He had 15-25 yard gains that coulda went the distance if say a Canzeri or Goodson type had the same hole. I enjoyed watching him play though dude was tough and gave it his all out there. But he was a FB playing RB and at times that was pretty evident out there. He also turned a lot of no gains and 2 yard runs into 5 plus ones too that others wouldn't have.

This is the first thread I have opened and not immediately closed with disgust. Getting harder and harder to come to the board as no one seems to want to be respectful.
I understand - and I'm with you. The best thing we can do is to find things to post where we can be respectful, unique, even endearing. I had fun posting a Hayden Fry Top 25 list. And we can post ANYTHING here that is relevant to Iowa football. Give it a shot - our board is only as good as its members - or its greatness is defined by its members.

I believe that Weisman was also in a fast for Yom Kippur in one of the games when he dominated the shit out of the opposition. I forget which game. Dude was a helluva ball player, but I don't know that he was the best Jewish player we had at Iowa. Gotta give that honor to Andre Tippett. But I think Tippett converted after his playing days were over, so the Mt. Rushmore of Jewish players at Iowa is sure to spark controversy.

Well faster anyway. The Oline blocked pretty well for him and he would consistently get to the 2nd level. But he didn't have that upper gear and got caught from behind a lot. He had 15-25 yard gains that coulda went the distance if say a Canzeri or Goodson type had the same hole. I enjoyed watching him play though dude was tough and gave it his all out there. But he was a FB playing RB and at times that was pretty evident out there. He also turned a lot of no gains and 2 yard runs into 5 plus ones too that others wouldn't have.

Definitely agree with this. He would have been a hell of a FB, one that was utilized more.

As much fun as Wadley was to watch, it does seem like the one-cut downhill runners like Greene and Weisman have ultimately been the best fit for Iowa football under KF. I am still waiting for the guy that can do both. Is that too much to ask for football gods?

How fast do we want our fullbacks to be lol

As much fun as Wadley was to watch, it does seem like the one-cut downhill runners like Greene and Weisman have ultimately been the best fit for Iowa football under KF. I am still waiting for the guy that can do both. Is that too much to ask for football gods?

Nah, there are hundreds of guys like Eddie George, Jerome Bettis and Saquan Barkley out there. We just gotta recruit them to Iowa.

I like Wiesman, but he wasn't a plant the foot, one cut runningback. Which you need in Iowa's zone blocking scheme. Moving forward I don't know if Iowa will find another 3 down, 20+ carry a game guy again in the Ferentz era. Many will argue that you don't need to.

He wasn't fast, he wasn't flashy. Just a 2 star kid who flat out had the discipline and determination that he was going to run the ball. Ended up holding some pretty good company on the record boards at Iowa.
I agree if he could of out ran.... Anyone really, he would have been higher in the record books. I think AJ probably had a faster 40 time.

Jermelle Lewis had the feet, really good speed, and some spin moves and lowered shoulders and stiff arms that left a lot of would be tacklers in his dust eating grass/artificial turf. He had the spin move down which left tacklers grabbing air.

I thought Brandon Wegher was the perfect back for us. If he would have played out his career.... He coulda been Christian McCaffery before he was. Had the intangibles for being a RB with his ability to run with his eyes. Would we have used him like that is probably a fair question. I think BF would have like he is Goodson now but back then with KOK I'm not so sure. But regardless he'd have done some serious damage no matter what

Latest posts