Let's see if I have this straight......can't be right

LOL......Wyatt Lohaus won 3 straight State Championships at IC West.
Eveyone knows he is a Winner. He's already seeing A LOT of quality time on a TOP 25 team.
ANYONE who CANNOT see what a Big, Big miss that not getting
Lohaus is, will be drunk for the next 4 winters, in Iowa.

Ellingson or Lohaus ??? LMAO...........they're not in the same ballpark.
Lohaus would have CLEARLY been the gem of our Recruiting class.
Prove me wrong, Fran. But, it won't happen.

Get over it. Lohaus was 2-6 for 6pts against Iowa in 17 mins. 0-2 from three with an airball

A lot of coaches don't see what you apparently see because his second best offer was from Rice.

Iowa is in the same spot if they sign a Lohaus and Morgan as they are with a Dickerson and Ellingson.......that is the problem, they need to be getting much better players than those 4.

You are correct, when will others figure this out?

Eveyone knows he is a Winner. He's already seeing A LOT of quality time on a TOP 25 team.
Lohaus is, will be drunk for the next 4 winters, in Iowa. that means these next four years will be the same as the last 24 years, thank you Anheuser Busch. How can they make something taste so good and sell it as cheap as they do? :cool:

Lohaus has had a good start to his college career, he is playing for a good, solid UNI team where as Ellingson has been injuried and is just starting to get to where he should of been earlier in the summer

This. We offered Oglesby way before Washpun which made no sense at the time and makes even less sense now.

if I'm remembering right didn't we just add Mike Gesell? And I believe we did offer Washpun but we were late to that party and he went to Tenn. Josh Oglesby would had been a year earlier and at that time we needed everything.
As far as Josh, he has had some well documented struggles shooting the ball - freshman 37% which really isn't to bad, soph. 27% ok this was bad and last year he had a good year at 40%. This year, without a doubt he's had a rough start at 26%, but really, who on this team hasn't had a tough time shooting the ball? White is at 52%, Gabe is at 57%, Woody 47% - but none of these three shoot the three ball, White tries at times but he is at 25% for the year. A couple players are close to 40% while everyone else is at or below 35%, this is overall - not just on 3's.

We didn't offer the Mr Basketball in IOWA, 3 straight years, (Wyatt Lohaus
& Jeremy Morgan), whose teams won UPTEEN straight 4A championships in Iowa,
but we had a scholarship available for a guard from
Wisconsin, who won several.......ahhh, what's??
He won several games of horse, over noon hour?

And we seemed to have a scholarship available for a well
travelled, JC guard, who can't really shoot?

Yeah, that's the ticket........Now, I got it. Yeah, right.
GoPanthers !

Since you seem to be able to find and project talent so well... Why don't you tell that to Fran... Maybe on the call in show? Maybe he'll hire u to be his talent evaluator/recruiter. Yeah right... Move on troll. You win some and lose some...

Lohaus is, will be drunk for the next 4 winters, in Iowa.

No

Lohaus = non factor , third best prospect on his high school team.

We didn't offer the Mr Basketball in IOWA, 3 straight years, (Wyatt Lohaus
& Jeremy Morgan)

I'm confused, 2013 Mr Basketball in Iowa was Peter Jok, 2012 was Marcus Paige, 2011 was Jared Uthoff, 2010 was Harrison Barnes. What do you mean Iowa didn't offer Mr Basketball in Iowa for 3 straight years?

I'm confused, 2013 Mr Basketball in Iowa was Peter Jok, 2012 was Marcus Paige, 2011 was Jared Uthoff, 2010 was Harrison Barnes. What do you mean Iowa didn't offer Mr Basketball in Iowa for 3 straight years?

I think he was saying you guys can't get the good players. Jok is horrible and Uthoff is horrible. Fran is good at getting the bad players.

No

Lohaus = non factor , third best prospect on his high school team.

Really.....Lohaus is better than ANY guard that iowa has on their roster. He is getting major minutes on a #10 RPI team. I have to look at the second page of every RPI website to see iowa. #crap

Really.....Lohaus is better than ANY guard that iowa has on their roster. He is getting major minutes on a #10 RPI team. I have to look at the second page of every RPI website to see iowa. #crap

Most of your roster with the exception of Washpun, and maybe Tuttle and Jesperson would be non factors in the big ten.

Being better than Iowas guards is irrelevant .

Lohaus is not a player Iowa should be recruiting.

I think he was saying you guys can't get the good players. Jok is horrible and Uthoff is horrible. Fran is good at getting the bad players.

Are you really trying to sit there and say that Wyatt Lohaus is a better basketball player than Jared Uthoff? If so I would have to ask...better at what exactly? Uthoff shoots over 3 times as many shots as Lohaus and yet still has a higher shooting percentage than him from both the field and from 3 point land. Plus Uthoff is a forward...which means he's also a better rebounder, shot blocker, etc. Lohaus is crushing Uthoff at free throw percentage, so I guess...there's that?

Uthoff is by no means an NBA caliber player or even a 1st team all big ten player, but he's clearly better than Wyatt Lohaus. Did Bo Ryan try to recruit Wyatt Lohaus out of Iowa? I'm not even going to look that up since the question is so stupid to begin with.

Now, putting Jok and Lohaus side by side gets a little more interesting, especially when comparing Jok's freshman numbers vs Lohaus' current freshman numbers...they are eerily similar except that Jok did more while playing 6 less minutes per game than Lohaus. So to say that Jok is horrible and Lohaus is a stud when they basically were the same exact player their freshmen seasons is rather hilarious.

Last edited:
I cannot believe someone is posting about UNI and 2 players in Morgan and Lohaus that are not B1G caliber players. Our Iowa kids may not be B1G caliber either but those 2 guys are definitely not. We need to reach higher as this season points out with 4 losses already. That's right you beat a 4 loss team and suddenly you think you are Kentucky.

The RPI is a complete joke if UNI is #10. What is their best win? Northwestern? Please. They are going to have a great season because in essence they play no one. Enjoy your stellar ride to no where.

I cannot believe someone is posting about UNI and 2 players in Morgan and Lohaus that are not B1G caliber players. Our Iowa kids may not be B1G caliber either but those 2 guys are definitely not. We need to reach higher as this season points out with 4 losses already. That's right you beat a 4 loss team and suddenly you think you are Kentucky.The RPI is a complete joke if UNI is #10. What is their best win? Northwestern? Please. They are going to have a great season because in essence they play no one. Enjoy your stellar ride to no where.
Yeah I don't get that either. Maybe because they're 3-0 on a neutral court? I don't know. The best three teams they've beaten are Iowa, Richmond, and Stone Cold Stephen F. Austin.

Yeah I don't get that either. Maybe because they're 3-0 on a neutral court? I don't know. The best three teams they've beaten are Iowa, Richmond, and Stone Cold Stephen F. Austin.

My guess is beating Iowa isn't the reason we have an RPI of 10. Especially with iowa having a 107 RPI.

Since you seem to be able to find and project talent so well... Why don't you tell that to Fran... Maybe on the call in show? Maybe he'll hire u to be his talent evaluator/recruiter. Yeah right... Move on troll. You win some and lose some...

Wow, talk about Kool Aid drinking......
Now, you cannot criticize Fran's OBVIOUS recruiting miss??

It BOGGLES my mind, how you don't offer Lohaus, but you do offer
the stretch from Wisconsin. Please, please prove me wrong.
As Jon M knows, I'm a Huge Hawkeye fan.

Ready to apologize, anytime in next 4 years, but
I won't need to, because this was a Glaring miss.
Can Fran recover, only time will tell..........

Latest posts