Let's Not Overreact

herkyattack

Yes Iowa choked down the stretch. But I think it's pretty obvious they are the better team than Iowa State. Pretty bad officiating, and some unlucky bounces cost them. It happens. This is still a very good team that will finish in the top 4 or 5 of the B1G and has a chance to do some serious damage in the NCAA tournament.

Its a long season and this is one game. Iowa did not play well during the last couple of minutes of the game but showed over the course of the night that they are a very good basketball team. I am just as disappointed as anyone with our inability to finish the game tonight...we certainly had every chance to win. It was pretty clear that we lost focus at the end. Marble and Gesell missing free throws and our inability to handle the press/trap defense by ISU in the last minutes really killed us. Get ready for the BT...that is what really counts.

I'm already getting over it. It just sucks. They played through the crowd, they played through the FT disparity, and had a chance to win the game at the end, and let it slip away.

I'll stop overreacting when Iowa starts winning some of these games. Can't win them all, no, but Iowa can't seem to win any of them.

I agree that it is too early to overreact, but man we had these same issues last year and now our we have watched Iowa not finish to games. Tough to swallow that right now..

Its a long season and this is one game. Iowa did not play well during the last couple of minutes of the game but showed over the course of the night that they are a very good basketball team. I am just as disappointed as anyone with our inability to finish the game tonight...we certainly had every chance to win. It was pretty clear that we lost focus at the end. Marble and Gesell missing free throws and our inability to handle the press/trap defense by ISU in the last minutes really killed us. Get ready for the BT...that is what really counts.

Gotta kind of disagree with that last statement. Non-conference is HUGE in the selection committee's eyes. Right now, I'm trying to find big wins in our non-conference schedule. I'm not coming up with much. Iowa had two big chances (Nova & ISU) and blew both games.

Stop blowing late leads on the road against good teams and I might calm down. Just hold one lead, one time and I'll have confidence in this team again.

Yes Iowa choked down the stretch. But I think it's pretty obvious they are the better team than Iowa State. Pretty bad officiating, and some unlucky bounces cost them. It happens. This is still a very good team that will finish in the top 4 or 5 of the B1G and has a chance to do some serious damage in the NCAA tournament.

Agreed. Iowa will still be in the Top 25 and will be there all season!

the reason why its not overeacting is because they did the same thing over and over last year... and blew a big lead against villanova

Gotta kind of disagree with that last statement. Non-conference is HUGE in the selection committee's eyes. Right now, I'm trying to find big wins in our non-conference schedule. I'm not coming up with much. Iowa had two big chances (Nova & ISU) and blew both games.

We don't need any. This team is going to win 25 games and will be a lock for the NCAA tournament. I suppose this game could be the difference between a 6 seed and a 4 seed, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

Look at it this way. White played his A game. Marble, Gesell, and Uthoff played their B game. Everyone else pretty much failed. Iowa has the depth, but in this game the depth didn't step up.

Look at it this way. White played his A game. Marble, Gesell, and Uthoff played their B game. Everyone else pretty much failed. Iowa has the depth, but in this game the depth didn't step up.

Marble didnt take command, the hawks usually win the first 5 minutes after halftime but that was rough,'

I agree, there was some rough uninspired play from the bench, Woody didnt have a glamorous game but I thought the offense moved better with him and gesell in with marble and white.

Really disappointed in what seemed to be the hawks lack of getting the ball to their best options in the last two minutes.

Not sure what Fran shot from the free throw line at Penn but it must kill him to see his most clutch shooters clang some bricks like that.

Don't get me wrong. fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 77 times, shame on me.

I just thought he was going to step up and knock them down. I was wrong.

I'll stop overreacting when Iowa starts winning some of these games. Can't win them all, no, but Iowa can't seem to win any of them.

This! I'm sorry but this team is just like last year, can't close out games. And now left without yet any quality non-con wins. Notre Dame and Xavier are not good. ESPN just did story about Notre Dame's worst start in a decade. Plus no road wins. This is exactly why Iowa missed the big dance last season. Iowa can NOT lose to NW, PSU, Purdue, or Huskers now. Big Ten is much more balanced this season too. Ugh.

This! I'm sorry but this team is just like last year, can't close out games. And now left without yet any quality non-con wins. Notre Dame and Xavier are not good. ESPN just did story about Notre Dame's worst start in a decade. Plus no road wins. This is exactly why Iowa missed the big dance last season. Iowa can NOT lose to NW, PSU, Purdue, or Huskers now. Big Ten is much more balanced this season too. Ugh.

I think it is the same for close games, however this team is much better so not all of the games that were close last year would be the same this year.

Latest posts