Let's knock off #2 two nights in a row starting with our hated rival Purdue official game thread.

As others have mentioned Ogundele needs to get more minutes. I think he should be option number 1 at center. He plays better defense than anyone else at the 5. He showed that last year against Kofi. I’m not a fan of what’s his face from North Dakota. He’s not giving us much.
Yeah, he absolutely neutralized Williams and made things really difficult on him every time they went mano y mano. Hell of a gutsy performance.

Perkins ,Ulis and Sandfort should get all of Connors minutes.. Kid is lucky Daddy is the coach and keeps pumping him out there!! It’s a straight up Joke he gets the minutes he does!!
The one thing he was good at was feeding Garza for two years but now there's no more Luka.

Get Connor off the god damn court. Ive said over and over again Connor would not be a good NAIA player. He is the worse player at Iowa ive ever seen in my lifetime that gets major playing time.

They showed some toughness and fearlessness last night, more than the Uthoff era teams ever had.

They could never get comfortable in their half court offense but much of that is a credit to Purdue.

We will never know if we steal this one with a healthy Keegan. That was too bad.

I wish I didn't give up on this game and watched it all the way through. I thought Purdue would go on some 30-5 run and not look back...I missed out on a good effort by Iowa...pissed at myself for not sticking with it.:mad:

Get Connor off the god damn court. Ive said over and over again Connor would not be a good NAIA player. He is the worse player at Iowa ive ever seen in my lifetime that gets major playing time.
Well, he is better than lil' Lick, but point well taken.

After all the graduations and transfers and transgressions took place, that 2009-10 Lickliter team probably had three or four regular rotation players who had no business being in the B1G.

Thank God Iowa football was on a high during the Lickliter years. It was bad enough having to listen to badger fans go on and on about Badger basketball and of course they were right.

Last edited:
I wish I didn't give up on this game and watched it all the way through. I thought Purdue would go on some 30-5 run and not look back...I missed out on a good effort by Iowa...pissed at myself for not sticking with it.:mad:
You did indeed miss some fun BB. Most enjoyable loss in memory, if there is such a thing.

Connor is playing less this season than any previous. He's accepted the bench role, he played more on Friday because Keegan was out. If you think he's not going to play AT ALL, you're going to be disappointed. I feel like he's got a role on this team and is playing it well. Now, IMO, he needs to stop hunting shots when he is playing and let the game come to him. He and Patrick to an extent try and play hero ball and think they can go get us a bucket when we really need one. I don't want them playing that role at all, yet they both think it's their place.

Latest posts