Let's knock off #2 two nights in a row starting with our hated rival Purdue official game thread.

They’ll play bigger roles in certain games I’m sure. Fran sat Jordan a lot this game. I thought he played well, and didn’t hunt shots. I wish he shot more. They get ran out of the gym without Jordan at Virginia, he’s already won them a Q1 game in the first month of the season
Fran do not go to Jordan, that was a surprise. Don’t know what to read into that.

Glad I already got my tickets for the game in IC. This team impressed me tonight. We will go as deep as Toussaint takes us. He is a difference maker this season. Between not turning the ball over, playing great defense and his shooting is huge. Perkins played great in his home state.
Big O (Josh Ogundele) played some great minutes and has something to build off of. Having him able to come in against big bodies and showed he can fight with them.

Glad I already got my tickets for the game in IC. This team impressed me tonight. We will go as deep as Toussaint takes us. He is a difference maker this season. Between not turning the ball over, playing great defense and his shooting is huge. Perkins played great in his home state.
Big O (Josh Ogundele) played some great minutes and has something to build off of. Having him able to come in against big bodies and showed he can fight with them.
Considering Rebecca was denutted by the refs, the Big O’s play was amazing.

Fran do not go to Jordan, that was a surprise. Don’t know what to read into that.

The way I see it is

If you want to beat the Hawks

Put 2 players on Jbo the entire game

That's what they did

Hawks getting a ton of respect from the purdue players

In the after game interviews

They know that they dodged the bullet, and they also know

That without the zebras the outcome would have been different

All this

Plus Perkins and Ulis are among the best defensive players in the Nation

JoeT is a MotherFucker, Jack

It’s weird after a loss that I feel we might have a NCAA tourney team here. If they can play like they did in the last 6 minutes of this game all year they are going to knock off some good teams.

As Fran mentions in the Post Game Interviews

JoshO played very well

And he will be a bonus the rest of the season

He is a member of the Hawkeye ToughMan Team

He doesn't back down from anyone

Riley had some solid minutes

As others have mentioned Ogundele needs to get more minutes. I think he should be option number 1 at center. He plays better defense than anyone else at the 5. He showed that last year against Kofi. I’m not a fan of what’s his face from North Dakota. He’s not giving us much.

For a minute I was having flashbacks of Iowa's big 22-point comeback win at Illinois back in the late 80's when we had B. J, Ed, Roy and Kevin. We really ratcheted up the defensive pressure on the Boilers and made em sweat. Painter is really giving props to bow much tougher the Hawks played than them. Really classy remarks on how good of a game plan Fran and the staff had.

Latest posts