Let's Have Some Fun For A Good Cause

I'll go with Brendan Sullivan. I can't believe nobody is going with him yet. He wasn't here for the spring but brings experience. I think if Cade can't go for some reason or needs more time or tweaks something, he may be the play in Lester's new offense.

I'll go with Brendan Sullivan. I can't believe nobody is going with him yet. He wasn't here for the spring but brings experience. I think if Cade can't go for some reason or needs more time or tweaks something, he may be the play in Lester's new offense.
Agree. Sullivan might win the starting job outright because of the cumulative effects of his injuries.

Winners winners chicken dinners.

Cade McNamara
Risk, for sure, but I will stay with Cade.
The first snap will be Cade I think... Who'll end up taking the most snaps would be an interesting question too.
Same for me - Cade but for $100 and I'll pay even if I'm right.
They skipped our bowl winning QB Joey Labas for Hill. We were the worst team in Division One for offesnse and they stayed with Hill. They will skip Lainez too. It will be Cade and God hope he can stay fit. Make mine $20.

Agree. Sullivan might win the starting job outright because of the cumulative effects of his injuries.
I'll say the Brown kid in the transfer portal
We lost, fellas. My receipt is above.

I think McNamara. The thing that worries me about Lainez is how hesitant they have been to move him above Hill, even with abundant evidence that Hill's performance was actively hurting the team. In many games we would have literally been better off with 3 kneel downs and a punt, but they still didn't give him a shot. His legs are a plus, but his decision making and delivery seem slow (from the limited spring game reps, huge grain of salt needed). That is a big problem in this offense predicated on quick decisions and on-time, accurate delivery.

If Cade can't go, I think it is someone not yet on the roster, but I will put my $5 on Cade.
Missed yours as well, winner.

For context, I implore everyone here to donate and I will again even tho I "won". From my social media feeds:

As September is #childrenscancerawareness month, I would like to share something here. And a little bit of context - Americans spend similar amounts on Starbucks in 3 days that the US government spends on children's cancer research in an entire year.

Our daughter, Sarah, 17, just over 3 years ago went for surgery to remove and biopsy her right kidney that had a large tumor on it. Her oncologist expected it to be a reoccurrence of the Ewing's Sarcoma she had as a 2-3 year old. Ewing's was super rare for that age group (3 in 10 million toddlers). Instead her diagnosis was to very rare, very aggressive children's sarcoma called Desmoplastic Round Small Cell Tumors (DSRCT) last year. This cancer has only been diagnosed in a little more than 200 people since 1989 when it was discovered.#cancersucks #childrenscancersucksmore

Imagine being given a 2nd diagnosis that is near impossible for your age and together between both cancers statistically not possible (something like 3 in 8,000,000,000,000).

How did she respond to this diagnosis? "Dad, I knew I was going to get cancer again 2 years ago and I'm ready to fight it." And she fought with tremendous spirit and grace. She was homecoming queen at her high school yet didn't want to win by a pity vote (instead they voted her in on her courage). She was the first ever with metastatic DSRCT, that was able to receive clean scans through chemo even though there is no real chemo program for DSRCT. It was a miracle. She then changed her major from music to pre-biology and worked a semester as a college freshmen in her oncologist's research laboratory while having clean scans.

But children's cancers don't fight fair! He 2nd chemo program was cut short due to the damage the chemicals were causing her lone working kidney. Then the spots where the tumors were gone showed something on scans again. And while the biopsies were negative at first, they finally showed something in early 2023. It was back and was very aggressive. Her body could not take any more chemo. And sadly, most chemo programs are 30+ years old in what's used. There have been a few changes in ratios and timings but little new advancement overall, especially with sarcomas that get a miniscule amount of even children's cancer research dollars that are available.

Sarah finally passed away on April 24th, 2023. We need to do better as a country and as a culture to fight these diseases. The number of children getting diagnosed with cancer is growing every year and very little research is getting done. Her oncologist called the day after she passed and said something along these lines, "I'm a very good scientist and researcher, but now it is personal for me and my lab!" They were able to use some of her memorial funds to work on a study that changes the chemo program for Ewing's Sarcoma. The first major breakthrough in 30 years. We need more stories like this!!

Even though I 'won', I feel like those kids still lost having to watch that Iowa State game, so I donated my $10 anyway. Directed it towards the Pediatric Oncology dept since my nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was like 4. Full remission now and in college, but I saw what he went through and it sucked.

Go Hawks!
iowaDonation.png

Latest posts