Let's Have Some Fun For A Good Cause

Fryowa

Administrator
So there's been a lot of talk about who the next Iowa QB is going to be come September. The topic kind of drove my brain in the direction of somehow having a friendly competition that benefitted a good cause no matter who wins. My idea is the following (and also an idea for each week of the football season...)

Everyone participating is risking a maximum of 5 bucks, more if you feel like it.

Answer the following question. If you are incorrect you donate $5 to the Children's Hospital via their website, verified by screenshot on which you can blank out any personal information. I'll post a link to where you can do that. Obviously you can donate more if you want, or even if you get it right. I've done that here several times in the past, it's quick and painless

Who will take the first snap for Iowa on Aug. 31, 2024?

- Cade McNamara
- Marco Lainez
- James Resar
- Someone else not on the Iowa roster as of 5-1-24.

We'll keep the question open through next weekend, and you can change your answer as long as your post is in by 11:59 Sunday night, May 11. Let's put our money where our mouths are and donate a couple bucks.

Also, who would be interested in doing the same thing for a Hawks prop bet each week during the season? Something like 1st TD scored, over/under on passing yards, number of sacks taken, etc. You can be either cynical or optimistic and the money still goes somewhere good, and get a laugh out of it.

I like this answer. Obviously you are skeptical of Crippled Cade being ready for the first snap. If available Cade will start, The details are the “If”. I’ll pass on donations to the hospitals as both the U of Iowa and children’s Blank Children’s. Hospital have multiples of ten of thousands of dollars of my money.

Having said that I love your idea here and would encourage everyone to contribute to such a worthy cause. I have nothing but the best and warmest thought and feelings to the medical professionals at both of the hospitals I mentioned above.

I am very appreciative for those also who contribute to the Ronald McDonald facilities across the country. It benefited my wife and I while our six month old son was on the cusp between this life and the next. Fortunately God was kind to us and my son is now 30 years old and is married. Having a place to stay during that dark time helped us out.
That news makes me very, very happy, D.

I think McNamara. The thing that worries me about Lainez is how hesitant they have been to move him above Hill, even with abundant evidence that Hill's performance was actively hurting the team. In many games we would have literally been better off with 3 kneel downs and a punt, but they still didn't give him a shot. His legs are a plus, but his decision making and delivery seem slow (from the limited spring game reps, huge grain of salt needed). That is a big problem in this offense predicated on quick decisions and on-time, accurate delivery.

If Cade can't go, I think it is someone not yet on the roster, but I will put my $5 on Cade.

Bets so far...If I miss one or screwed yours up let me know so I can change it.

@Fryowa - Lainez
@HuckFinn - McNamara
@Hawkfnntn - McNamara
@MursenarySkum - Portal
@CP87 - McNamara
@cudwntwn - McNamara
Add me to the list. I'm all in on Cade "Glass Knee" McNamara! I don't think he'll get much past the first snap, but we'll see.

And I raise your $5 with another $5. Sign me up for $10 for those kids! I know...I'm a big spender.

They skipped our bowl winning QB Joey Labas for Hill. We were the worst team in Division One for offesnse and they stayed with Hill. They will skip Lainez too. It will be Cade and God hope he can stay fit. Make mine $20.
Added

They skipped our bowl winning QB Joey Labas for Hill. We were the worst team in Division One for offesnse and they stayed with Hill. They will skip Lainez too. It will be Cade and God hope he can stay fit. Make mine $20.
Same for me - Cade but for $100 and I'll pay even if I'm right.

That's what happens when your offensive coordinator knows nothing about QBs, except how to correctly snap the ball to the QB.