Let's Go Bucky (for one week) #8 Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin

HawkeyeMcNutt

I'll be there for the madison gameday experience in Madison...We're going to college gameday with the iowa football flag! should be a good time, we need a Wisky win!

Here's a thread to talk about the big ten showdown saturday..

Really excited about this game. Since Iowa is a bye this week this will be my not to miss game. Since I live in Nebraska I'm considering watching at a bar to enhance my enjoyment by watching the Nebraska fan meltdown live and in person.

Nebraska really hasn't show much at all this season. Although Wisky hasn't played anybody I really think they are a legit team. Until Nebraska can see the error of their ways with Taylor Martinez at the helm, they will struggle in conference play against legitimate defenses.

Just to re-affirm my rooting interest Saturday night, I got the pleasure of meeting a couple more Nebby fans tonight...they believe 1/2 of the stadium will be filled by their fans! LOL! Hope they get a rude awakening that they are no longer in the b12 North.

The Wisky/NE game is probably a very difficult ticket and I highly doubt that NE has more than 6,000 fans at that game, if that many.

I believe NE has to rethink how their fans get tickets in opposing Big 10 stadiums. For instance, I suspect getting a ticket in Lincoln is quite difficult; why would it be any different in Madison, or any other Big 10 stadium. Of course there is always the prospect than rich Nebraskans will pay outrageous prices for all the tickets that might be scalped? I just don't see a lot of people scalping tickets outside Bucky stadium.

The Wisky/NE game is probably a very difficult ticket and I highly doubt that NE has more than 6,000 fans at that game, if that many.

I believe NE has to rethink how their fans get tickets in opposing Big 10 stadiums. For instance, I suspect getting a ticket in Lincoln is quite difficult; why would it be any different in Madison, or any other Big 10 stadium. Of course there is always the prospect than rich Nebraskans will pay outrageous prices for all the tickets that might be scalped? I just don't see a lot of people scalping tickets outside Bucky stadium.

From what I gather, thats exactly what they are going to try and do. They dont seem to care if the get in or not, but they are going to try. If not I suppose they will just hang outside and watch it on the big screen.

I would bet they have around 10,000 to 15,000, they get 4,000 from Wisconsin and then a lot of those idiots buy season tickets for this one game plus those that will pay an ungodly sum of money to scalp.

I do agree they will have a harder time getting in then what they did in other Big 12 North stadiums.

I would bet they have around 10,000 to 15,000, they get 4,000 from Wisconsin and then a lot of those idiots buy season tickets for this one game plus those that will pay an ungodly sum of money to scalp.

I do agree they will have a harder time getting in then what they did in other Big 12 North stadiums.

Your estimate is dead-on Scott. I'd figure 10,000 max inside Camp Randall, and another 10-15k in town without tix. Just like the Big12, the Big 10 will have some spots (like Camp Randall and Kinnick) that will be hard to get tickets to, and some very easy (Minnesota comes to mind). Really depends on a teams success. Notre Dame was so filled with Huskers in 1999 because they sucked, and their fans would rather make a buck than watch. Iowa tickets were easy back in the late 90s for the same reason...obviously a different situation now.

My boss has 8 season tickets for Goophers and he sold the Neb ticket a couple weeks ago for $200 odd dollars per ticket for good seats on the 20 yd line 20 rows up. My buddy sold 4 on the 45 near the top row of lower section for $300 each to Neb. This is just stupid because no one goes to Gofer games except the opponent's fans. Way over paid there guys.

I would bet the Goopher game will have 80% Nebby fans, much like when Wisky and Iowa play there. I assume there are many Neb fans in Minneapolis and MSP is a destination city for midwesterners looking for a fun trip anyway.

Watching the MN vs. NDSU game last week, by the sound of the crowd you'd have thought North Dakota was the home team.....

Last edited:
My boss has 8 season tickets for Goophers and he sold the Neb ticket a couple weeks ago for $200 odd dollars per ticket for good seats on the 20 yd line 20 rows up. My buddy sold 4 on the 45 near the top row of lower section for $300 each to Neb. This is just stupid because no one goes to Gofer games except the opponent's fans. Way over paid there guys.

I would bet the Goopher game will have 80% Nebby fans, much like when Wisky and Iowa play there. I assume there are many Neb fans in Minneapolis and MSP is a destination city for midwesterners looking for a fun trip anyway.
Nebby fans pay outrageous prices for these tickets because a) Nebraska football defines their whole existence and they have nothing else to spend their money on, and b)Nebby doesn't have any other sports worth watching.

It will be nice to see Wisky put 50 on the "blackshirts". I hate both teams but living in Omaha I don't encounter ***hole Wisconsin fans on a daily basis.

Just to re-affirm my rooting interest Saturday night, I got the pleasure of meeting a couple more Nebby fans tonight...they believe 1/2 of the stadium will be filled by their fans! LOL! Hope they get a rude awakening that they are no longer in the b12 North.

Wonder if someone will tell them that not all those people wearing red are Fusker fans?

If, heaven forbid, Nebby wins their debut game, the rest of the B1G will never hear the end of it. Fusker fans will be even more intolerable, if that's even possible. We need Bucky to hang 50 on them.

Nebby fans pay outrageous prices for these tickets because a) Nebraska football defines their whole existence and they have nothing else to spend their money on, and b)Nebby doesn't have any other sports worth watching.

Um......I'm pretty sure those two things can define the state of Iowa too.

I don't understand why you wouldn't root for Wisconsin as a Nebraska win could hurt the Hawks.

I really think Wisconsin is win, but I'm not sure it's going to be the bloodbath others see. Wisky is pretty darn good, but they haven't played ANYONE. I think it'll be a competitive first half, and then Wisky's run game wears UN down in the second half.

I love having divisions because, as an Iowa fan, you know exactly who to root for. I hate Wisky, but I'll hate them a lot less for a few hours on Saturday.

Wisky 31
UN 20

Ugh, it's like trying to decided if you want the flu or food poisioning. Neither is appealing. I guess I have to root for Wisky because it helps us. Still, my loathing of Bielema grows by the day.

Latest posts