Lets Fire The coach

Calm down, Sparky. The teams we've beaten haven't won a single game between them. They're among the worst FCS teams (and one, among the worst FBS teams) in college football.

Come back in early November.

YOU are not sunshine pumping what is going on?

I guess people expect more for $3.6 million a year.
I would feel a lot better if KF was making 1 to 1 1/2 million less for the product he puts out there.
But for the kind of money he makes, I expect at least a B1G contender EVERY year. Not 2 out of every 5 seasons.

No you wouldn't...or you or you shouldn't anyway because the past few years have been disappointing despite his salary. It's just something that gets brought up out of frustration, like his gum chewing or writing on his note pad, or his refusal to play air guitar on the sidelines like the guy in Ames when it looked like they were turning into a better program, because we all know what he's done in the past and wonder why it's been stagnant for the past 3 years. When we don't understand "why" when it comes to things that make us mad, we start picking the low hanging fruit...it's human nature.

It's not all about the salary, it's the also the way it has happened. Multiple fake punt and onside kick failures, playing the same struggling quarterback every single snap, poor clock management, seemingly not wanting to change things that don't work over and over. Like someone else said, to the general fans, he seems to struggle at game management. Of course, in his hey day, no one thought that but it seems like something has changed. Appears to be to be the guy who was the office rising star, always performing and getting raises but then just gets bored and burned out but doesn't want to give up the salary. Hey, who would want to give up 3 mil a year?

Anyone who thinks one long overdue blowout of a poor team is going to erase all the angst of the last few years is way more delusional than those who want Kirk out. If we get beat up by the Gophers AGAIN, that blowout will be a distant memory. I'm hoping the Hawks win and move onward and upward but still a bit wary at this point.

I am not a fan of the fire the coach mentality. Mostly because it doesn't correct the immediate problem of winning. Unless your program is already a winning program, IE: Wisconsin or Ohio State. Then your team is going to suffer at least two more down years. As we are seeing at Iowa having good assistant continuity is as important as the head coach. Many here called for KoK's head and look at the result. One of the worst offensive years I have seen at Iowa. And that was just the offensive coordinator. Iowa has replaced five (6?) assistant coaches over the past couple of years.

There is no guarantee that the new coach is going to be any good when he gets here. It's is a roll of the dice. And there is one certainty. Iowa is not going to get a Nick Saben or Urban Myers applying for the job. The coach Iowa would get, will probably be a coach on the way up or one on the way down from the NFL. And he may not even have head coaching credentials. The candidate floated around recently was the defensive coordinator from Notre Dame.

To all the dumbos who continue to proclaim that KF is washed up : stick to analyzing golf.

Well done sir. Most people on here don't realize you graduated top of your class from Harvard and hold an advanced degree in Trollology.

I guess people expect more for $3.6 million a year.
I would feel a lot better if KF was making 1 to 1 1/2 million less for the product he puts out there.
But for the kind of money he makes, I expect at least a B1G contender EVERY year. Not 2 out of every 5 seasons.

Nope. You would feel the exact same(and should).

$100k or $10million....doesn't matter..see SIG.

No you wouldn't...or you or you shouldn't anyway because the past few years have been disappointing despite his salary. It's just something that gets brought up out of frustration, like his gum chewing or writing on his note pad, or his refusal to play air guitar on the sidelines like the guy in Ames when it looked like they were turning into a better program, because we all know what he's done in the past and wonder why it's been stagnant for the past 3 years. When we don't understand "why" when it comes to things that make us mad, we start picking the low hanging fruit...it's human nature.

Good post.

It's not all about the salary, it's the also the way it has happened. Multiple fake punt and onside kick failures, playing the same struggling quarterback every single snap, poor clock management, seemingly not wanting to change things that don't work over and over. Like someone else said, to the general fans, he seems to struggle at game management. Of course, in his hey day, no one thought that but it seems like something has changed. Appears to be to be the guy who was the office rising star, always performing and getting raises but then just gets bored and burned out but doesn't want to give up the salary. Hey, who would want to give up 3 mil a year?

Anyone who thinks one long overdue blowout of a poor team is going to erase all the angst of the last few years is way more delusional than those who want Kirk out. If we get beat up by the Gophers AGAIN, that blowout will be a distant memory. I'm hoping the Hawks win and move onward and upward but still a bit wary at this point.

Another good post...

What has Iowa done to this point to prove otherwise? Well lets see, beat 3 teams that are garbage and lost to the only team that has a chance to go to a bowl this year. Color me impressed! Hot damn Iowa is ROSE BOWL bound!!!!

Kills me to agree with a 'Clone but I gotta here, OP. Sri.

Here's the thing, I very much hope KF turns things around. He is going to be our coach through at least 2015, maybe through 2020, and I hope we have some good seasons between now and then.

It's just that I find the chest thumping of both the kool-aid and haterade crowds monumentally annoying after one game goes well or poorly.

Objectively speaking, Iowa's success has been on a downward trend in recent years, and the buck stops and KF for causing/correcting this. To his credit, he has been making some (imo) positive changes in recent years. (E.g. going for it more often inside the 40/close to the endzone, increasing the pace of play to try to gain an advantage, eliminating coaches that hurt retention, etc.)

So, let's hope the trend turns upward. If so, I'll put up with the kool-aiders, but if you could tone it down just a bit, I'd appreciate that.

To all the dumbos who continue to proclaim that KF is washed up : stick to analyzing golf.

I bet you are the crowd that wants to give him another extension to 2025 for beating up Western Michigan?

Let's all pull back a bit from both sides and see where we are come December. IF we are anything but 500 I think you have to start to beat the drum of change.

Threads like this are stupid.. As stupid as the negative posts that come out after a loss.

Yeah, I too feel better about the Hawks after the way they played this Saturday, but as everyone likes to say after a bad loss: "It's just one game".

Let's see if this team sustain it in Big Ten games.

Let's see if Kurt squats down and deposits another turd on TCF Bank of Rodents Field this weekend and see what the sentiment is then.

image.jpg

Threads like this are stupid.. As stupid as the negative posts that come out after a loss.

Yeah, I too feel better about the Hawks after the way they played this Saturday, but as everyone likes to say after a bad loss: "It's just one game".

Let's see if this team sustain it in Big Ten games.

It's not just one game, man. We've won three in a row. You haters can bash the competition all you want, but Iowa State fought like heck against a touch Northern Iowa team and Western gave Northwestern (who a bunch of folks are claiming is going to be good - I disagree) a run for their money. The offense is finally finding some rhythm and we have tightened things up, which is what has been off a little bit in the past few years. With those issues fixed I could see 5 wins in the B1G, but we might drop a game or two we shouldn't, so I am not guaranteeing a huge bowl game just yet.

OK, lets concede the team we beat wasnt that great. But we learned a lot I think. We learned we have 4 pretty good RBs, We have 2 good QBs. Our OL contines to play well. We learned Hamilton my be our best TE. and I think we saw some lite at the end of the tunnel at WR. Our DL looks to be very good against the run and should only get better We seem to have a number of blitz pkgs that will help with the QB presure. Our secondary while vulnerable has show big play abulity. Im encouraged. But the real season starts this week

Latest posts