Lets Fire The coach

Every coach goes through a rough streak every now and then. I think coach Ferentz is doing a pretty good job so far this yr

These people are the same people that think the backup QB is the best player on the team each year. One thing goes wrong and its FIRE EVERYONE!

To all the dumbos who continue to proclaim that KF is washed up : stick to analyzing golf.

Our 3 wins are against 3 teams that have yet to get a win this season, combined. Let's wait until B10 play until we make a judgement. And to be clear, I haven't been calling for his head, but he still is one of the worst game day coaches in the country. He's wonderful Sunday-Friday though, no doubt.

This was a great win and we can all enjoy. But this staff is a ways away from showing we are better than average. Any win is great. But let's see what happens when Big 10 play starts.

To all the dumbos who continue to proclaim that KF is washed up : stick to analyzing golf.

You might want to wait until something that actually backs up your point of view happens.

Yesterday was nice, no doubt but KF has a long way to go to turn this thing around

Setting yourself up for disappointment, with threads like this. We were 4-2 and 2-0 in the BIG at one point last season.

This is like all out sprinting the first 100 yards of a marathon, then telling all those doubters who said you couldn't win to suck it. Well done, OP.

What has Iowa done to this point to prove otherwise? Well lets see, beat 3 teams that are garbage and lost to the only team that has a chance to go to a bowl this year. Color me impressed! Hot damn Iowa is ROSE BOWL bound!!!!

I'm not willing to say 100% that Kirk will turn it around. However what drives me crazy is the extremists who want him fired now. Kirk has earned an opportunity to turn this around with his accomplishments in his tenure including 2 BCS bowl appearances. He has made drastic changes in his coaching philosophies. I feel confident in our QB and RB positions moving forward and the oline will always be solid under Kirk. The big ten is down this year and we even had our chances last year despite the terrible offense.

My opinion and I'm sure it won't change the mind of many.

This is like all out sprinting the first 100 yards of a marathon, then telling all those doubters who said you couldn't win to suck it. Well done, OP.
I'm hanging on to a dash of optimism the Hawks can make a decent showing this year, but it is way to early to be pounding chests. Your post nailed it. Great analogy.

Our 3 wins are against 3 teams that have yet to get a win this season, combined. Let's wait until B10 play until we make a judgement. And to be clear, I haven't been calling for his head, but he still is one of the worst game day coaches in the country. He's wonderful Sunday-Friday though, no doubt.

We just beat a decent MAC team by 56 points, dude. Our defense looks downright salty right now and the offense is finally hitting on all cylinders because Davis has substantially abandoned that moronic offense he ran last year.

I'm not willing to say 100% that Kirk will turn it around. However what drives me crazy is the extremists who want him fired now. Kirk has earned an opportunity to turn this around with his accomplishments in his tenure including 2 BCS bowl appearances. He has made drastic changes in his coaching philosophies. I feel confident in our QB and RB positions moving forward and the oline will always be solid under Kirk. The big ten is down this year and we even had our chances last year despite the terrible offense.

My opinion and I'm sure it won't change the mind of many.

This is a good post. I have been very frustrated with things the past 3 seasons as are alot of people I talk to. But the one thing we can agree on is KF is a decent human being and we give him a lot of slack for that. He has made changes and hopefully he has cleaned house of the coaching deadwood that was holding the program back. It was nice to take a team to the woodshed in all phases of the game yesterday. We have not beaten a decent team yet. Minnie will be a test..Road game in a hostile rival environment. We will see how things pan out.

I guess people expect more for $3.6 million a year.
I would feel a lot better if KF was making 1 to 1 1/2 million less for the product he puts out there.
But for the kind of money he makes, I expect at least a B1G contender EVERY year. Not 2 out of every 5 seasons.

Calm down, Sparky. The teams we've beaten haven't won a single game between them. They're among the worst FCS teams (and one, among the worst FBS teams) in college football.

Come back in early November.