Let's face it - we are all waiting for the bottom to fall out

If you're going to wait that long to form an opinion, you just as well wait until the end of the year.

Don't ya know PC that if Iowa started off horribly, like last year, it's time to fire Fran and burn the whole thing down. Call all the kids out as busts, call all the incoming recruits bust and melt down... but if Iowa starts off 6-0 and gets ranked 14th in the country that we need to be "cautious". I've never understood the need for caution. I'm good either way, it's not going to effect my life so I don't need to be cautious. I am going to go ahead and enjoy the start of this year knowing full well what's up with the program, cause I follow it.

Don't ya know PC that if Iowa started off horribly, like last year, it's time to fire Fran and burn the whole thing down. Call all the kids out as busts, call all the incoming recruits bust and melt down... but if Iowa starts off 6-0 and gets ranked 14th in the country that we need to be "cautious". I've never understood the need for caution. I'm good either way, it's not going to effect my life so I don't need to be cautious. I am going to go ahead and enjoy the start of this year knowing full well what's up with the program, cause I follow it.
By that logic you should be more like Clinton. Why would you not predict Iowa to win every game and win the National Championship?

I’m enjoying the hell out of this start. I love seeing our name in the rankings. Heck I’ve rewatched most of our games and watch highlights videos nearly every day.

You don’t have to be cautious you can be whatever you want. My point is that if this thing goes the other way you are going to say wow we had this big swing as team, we were 6-0 ranked and now we’ve lost it. In reality it could be Oregon and UConn aren’t very good or we caught them on a bad night. Maybe Iowa is really good who knows. Remember Jok’s senior year when we won at a ranked Maryland team and at a ranked Wisconsin team in back to back games. Was that because Iowa was playing really good or because Wisconsin and Maryland were in a tailspin playing their worst basketball of the season? Hard to say but probably a little bit of both. The point being is it’s basketball, anything can happen on any given night. We won’t know the true identity of this team probably for some time. So to your point you can be as optimistic or pessimistic as you would like, I have just provided a few reasons for pause for what it’s worth, you don’t have to listen to them.

Based on our play thus far Kenpom ranks us as the 10th best team in the B1G. What does that mean who knows. Kenpom is often wrong and evolves throughout the season. I personally expect Iowa to start shooting better from 3 as the season progresses and I also think they’ll turn the ball over less, but I also think their free throw attempts are going to go way down and teams are going to expose our defense on many nights. Where that will leave us I guess I have no idea other than just a guess.

I still have my doubts. Is Oregon any good? Did Uconn just lay an egg? Was the Pitt game a sign of troubles to come?

But regardless...I've seen weaknesses in every Big Ten team so far except Michigan. Purdue and Maryland have ZERO decent wins so far this year...Iowa has 2 or 3 decent wins depending on how the season shakes out. That can't be ignored.

Iowa likely isn't a top 15 basketball team...but I don't think many of us think they are. Enjoy the ride

You guys are posting

giphy.gif

Uthoff's senior year I had a lot more fun dreaming about championship runs than being cautiously optimistic. I'm a big boy so I can handle the let down.

Uthoff's senior year I had a lot more fun dreaming about championship runs than being cautiously optimistic. I'm a big boy so I can handle the let down.

I throw caution to the wind. I know this team isn't world beaters. That doesn't mean they can't be really good nationally and elite for Iowa standards. I've been bullish about the talent on this roster even in the face of a mountain of adversity and contradicting proof from last year. Talent wise I believe we are top 5 in the B1G. I am not cautious, I personally am just skeptical. I'm skeptical in the coaching and skeptical about the teams overall penchant for winning at the college level. However I believe in the talent individually. I will start to believe in the team and this season after a couple good showings in the B1G. We are off to a hot start and many of our previous years concerns appear to have been addressed. I'm still to far away from faith yet though.

If Iowa crashes will it be dolphs fault? If Iowa continues winning did Dolph spur them on?
If anyone cares a hoot what the radio announcer says, from coaches to players, then their perspective is all wrong.

Dailey might not know what a radio is anyway. That generation is all cell phone all the time.

If anyone cares a hoot what the radio announcer says, from coaches to players, then their perspective is all wrong.

Dailey might not know what a radio is anyway. That generation is all cell phone all the time.
From the press conference, it appears Fran is a lot more butthurt about it than Maishe. I bet the players didn't give two shits about it until Fran told them they should be upset. Fran's teams have always been susceptible to outside noise and he's the one to blame for that.

It wouldn't really matter much to me if I were the coach or player. What does he know? He's not a coach. But I wouldn't be all that interested in doing any kind of a show or an interview with him...better things to do with my time.

It wouldn't really matter much to me if I were the coach or player. What does he know? He's not a coach. But I wouldn't be all that interested in doing any kind of a show or an interview with him...better things to do with my time.
That’s their prerogative, of course. Or everyone could be adults: Dolph could make a personal apology to them and on air

If I were Dailey, I’d think about getting a ball in my hand, put my head down, and dribble towards Dolph and Hansen.
it wouldn’t matter to me much either for the same reason.

But I would be interested for the next game both Dolph and Hansen were together that I’d put a b-ball in my hands, get their attention, put my head down, and dribble toward them, and then pull up and give them fist bumps.

The whole “heaping coals of fire on their head” thing does work.

Just think of the props from fans a player would get for doing that.

I think Dolph really put a curse on our team. They were so mentally tough and prepared, but he just tore em apart.