LeShun Daniels

I just don't get why KF burned his shirt. I am fine if they thought he was going to be the #2 or #3 back, but he didn't get a single carry against Minny. I just wonder if the 12 carries he has throughout this year will be that beneficial to him in the future? Or would having an extra year of eligibility have been more beneficial? Maybe learning from that fumble was a great thing for him, I don't know. Maybe he becomes a huge part of the offense due to injury or limiting Weisman. I can see advantages both ways, but would have loved to see him get a carry or 2 on Saturday.

If he turns out to be the stud we think he will be ,then there is no way he'd stick around for a 5th year to risk injury.. Scherf is possibly the best left tackle this year.. not a chance in hell that he'll be back next year.. so if someone can contribute in any way now,play them.

Maybe the coaches think next year will be Leshun and Weisman based on what the coaches have already seen of Leshun. I still think the best thing for Weisman next year is to show his fullback skills, blocking and catching some passes out of the backfield if he wants an NFL chance.

YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

WHO THE FUG CARES ABOUT WEISMAN'S NFL CHANCES?

ISN'T THIS THE EXACT ******** THAT PEOPLE HATE KIRK FOR?

Look over the past 15 years and see the number of Iowa RBs who have played 4 consecutive seasons. You'll have the answer to the question of why his shirt was burned.

If he turns out to be the stud we think he will be ,then there is no way he'd stick around for a 5th year to risk injury.. Scherf is possibly the best left tackle this year.. not a chance in hell that he'll be back next year.. so if someone can contribute in any way now,play them.

I understand this, but then why not get him some carries in a B1G game like say a win against Minnesota. Try to get him some experience against a team that is not Missouri State? I am fine with the burn of the shirt, but why not give him a few carries every game?

I understand this, but then why not get him some carries in a B1G game like say a win against Minnesota. Try to get him some experience against a team that is not Missouri State? I am fine with the burn of the shirt, but why not give him a few carries every game?

Do you also think we should sit Sherff so that Donnal gets some LT snaps?

Why are people so concerned about the 4th string RBs carries? Are you a family members or something?

things must be going well when people are complaining about the # of carries the 4th string RB is getting lol! Maybe he fumbles in practices too?

Why are people so concerned about the 4th string RBs carries? Are you a family members or something?

Exactly. It's ridiculous. The kid will have more than enough chances in an Iowa uniform to show what he's capable of if he's a Hawkeye for four years (which for a RB at Iowa is kinda rare... knocking on wood now). Whether or not many of those chances come his during his freshman year isn't significant. It's just something for people to complain about. It's not much different than people questioning how many carries Weisman was getting a couple weeks ago. The coaches have to do what's in the best interest of the team right now! They make their decisions based off of what and who they believe can help the team win this season. Clearly they made the decision that Daniels can help the team out by contributing this year. It just so happens Weisman is a pretty damn good starter so how much Daniels will contribute this year will depend heavily upon the injury situation, and how he performs when he is given the chance. Regardless, if Weisman or Bullock goes down it's going to be nice that Daniels has some experience in a live game situation even it isn't all that much.

He may have been knicked or something. I know homecoming with sparty and that d coming to town i would want to two punishing backs as well as my ol to be healthy and jacked to the max. If they go out and ram it down sparty,s throat, the whole nation will be paying attention.

He may have been knicked or something. I know homecoming with sparty and that d coming to town i would want to two punishing backs as well as my ol to be healthy and jacked to the max. If they go out and ram it down spartys throat, the whole nation will be paying attention.

Indeed olddude. If they can put up 200 yards rushing against Michigan State it will be the official return of the Bullies of the Big Ten. Just the thought has me pumped up!

Running backs who have played 4 years include Paki Omera, Damian Sims, Laddel Betts, Robbie Crockett, Sam Brownlee, I am sure there are a few more. Young and Schnoor could be on the list but missed most of 2004 due to injury. All those guys played in the past 15 years. Thein played 4 years also but half his career at fb.

Do you also think we should sit Sherff so that Donnal gets some LT snaps?

Yes, if the game is won and you don't need Scherff in there. Then yes I think you should let him get some snaps at LT. But I don't think you should really compare OL to RB in this situation. And Donnal is still getting reps at other spots.

Exactly. It's ridiculous. The kid will have more than enough chances in an Iowa uniform to show what he's capable of if he's a Hawkeye for four years (which for a RB at Iowa is kinda rare... knocking on wood now). Whether or not many of those chances come his during his freshman year isn't significant. It's just something for people to complain about. It's not much different than people questioning how many carries Weisman was getting a couple weeks ago. The coaches have to do what's in the best interest of the team right now! They make their decisions based off of what and who they believe can help the team win this season. Clearly they made the decision that Daniels can help the team out by contributing this year. It just so happens Weisman is a pretty damn good starter so how much Daniels will contribute this year will depend heavily upon the injury situation, and how he performs when he is given the chance. Regardless, if Weisman or Bullock goes down it's going to be nice that Daniels has some experience in a live game situation even it isn't all that much.

I think they are doing a good job with Wiseman now. Having him play less against Western Michigan gave him a break and they took him out frequently last week against Minnesota. I believe he will play a lot against MSU. I really do believe we are back and will pound MSU, probably the dirtiest team in the Big.....

Remember the fake injuries when we were coming back a year or so ago. A player would fake an injury to stop play and then come in the next play over and over. Destroyed our momentum.....

Indeed olddude. If they can put up 200 yards rushing against Michigan State it will be the official return of the Bullies of the Big Ten. Just the thought has me pumped up!
Oh yeah, your right. If msu can not control our run game many many people from all over will be taking a long look. It should be interesting. Boys need to be pumped and spend the week working hard. They have a chance to really make a statement this week.

Probably due to the fact that he's a true freshman and allot of people feel that Kirk favors experience over talent to much. If he was a 4th string senior no one would care.

It's the same thing with Powell. He's burried on the depth chart but its clear he is one of our best receivers. It leaves people making ridiculous excuses like he can't block and he doesn't know the entire playbook.

YOU PLAY. TO WIN. THE GAME.

WHO THE FUG CARES ABOUT WEISMAN'S NFL CHANCES?

ISN'T THIS THE EXACT ******** THAT PEOPLE HATE KIRK FOR?

What an illogical reply ^^^ If you really read my post you noticed I talked about Daniels being #1 or 2, If he beats out Weisman then all the better for the team, THE TEAM, and maybe Weisman says "I will play some fullback and throw me the rock a few times coach like you did with Cox on Saturday, geez I can squat 450 and block on sundays"

From the little I have seen Daniels looks to have great feet and the ability to cut in the holes and cut several times on each run. His feet dont get far off the ground and he can really shift directions. If he improves, has power, and decent speed and can hold onto the ball then he might be really really good.

Only on a Hawkeye board do we have our best player constantly thought to be worse than the backup.

Probably due to the fact that he's a true freshman and allot of people feel that Kirk favors experience over talent to much. If he was a 4th string senior no one would care.

It's the same thing with Powell. He's burried on the depth chart but its clear he is one of our best receivers. It leaves people making ridiculous excuses like he can't block and he doesn't know the entire playbook.

Because neither of those excuses are plausible for a guy who arrived on campus, just days before camp, after spending two years doing hardly anything but running deep routes.

The entire Hawkeye offense couldn't get the playbook down after 8 months of Davis last year, but Powell is supposed to have it perfected in 5 weeks.

Latest posts