Lebron James is a DB

The leBron saga reminds me of the Timberwolves trying to keep Kevin Garnett happy, almost impossible in a small market with the Spurs being the exception because they got lucky with two studs Parker and Mano they found in the 2nd round, plus Duncan is a rare superstar with a team first attitude and loyal to his team. LeBron knew the Cavs tried everything but couldnt build a championship team around him so he basically dumped them in a very cold and unprofessional way, silver lining was New York got dumped also!

i think what is over the top is clevland FREAKING out. the team didn't produce what he wanted during his contract so heck yes he should leave! they are just ****** they have nothing left to cheer for..

At first I was in the same camp...why be dramatic about leaving your home team that has built a program around you. Now thinking about it, I have changed my mind a little.

1.) In an era where money is the driving factor, Lebron chose to take less(though I doubt he will notice given his rediculus sponsors)

Don't buy this for a minute. What he makes off the court is much bigger than his salary. And by going to a bigger and sexier market, he'll make more...not less.

At first I was in the same camp...why be dramatic about leaving your home team that has built a program around you. Now thinking about it, I have changed my mind a little.

1.) In an era where money is the driving factor, Lebron chose to take less(though I doubt he will notice given his rediculus sponsors)

Don't buy this for a minute. What he makes off the court is much bigger than his salary. And by going to a bigger and sexier market, he'll make more...not less.

You may have missed the paraens....I aknowledge that exact statement. But ask Tiger how fletting sponsors can be. A contract is a contract and a lot of times (especially for pro athletes) establish who is the "big dog" of the team. So essentially I somewhat agree with you lol

The Cavs had the best regular season records the last two years but fell short in the playoffs...why? Boston and Orlando had better big men...and Lebron played below par in both series...so now Lebron goes to a team with one big(bosh)? They will lose in the playoffs next year,and every year until they get at least two more good big men.

Lebron,Wade and Bosh were all dbs as they led the whole country on this charade,documentary fodder for them..no more..and allowed franchises around the league to think they had a good shot at signing them, which led to those franchises making all kinds of moves,many unwise in retrospect,to clear space.
Bulls should have kept Hinrich,added boozer,and they would be ready to challenge.

Getting Amare would not have been a good move for the Cavs. Amare is terrible defensively and not a good rebounder either and also has had major knee and eye injuries. Jamison was a better fit for the Cavs, even though he was terrible against Boston. I have a feeling the Knicks will regret that max contract they gave him as it's not so easy to drop 25 a game when you don't have Steve Nash setting you up all the time.

And I don't think anyone is blaming LeBron for leaving or not living up to his contract, except maybe Cleveland fans, but to do it in the way he did was very unnecessary.

THIS!!!!

It is to bad that Cleveland is choosing to burn bridges as who is to say that Lebron would not want to return home after winning a couple of championships in Miami? At the end of this contract he will only be 30 and might have plenty of mileage left in him. His motivation for leaving is he wants to win a championship. I am sure given the choice he would have liked to have done it in Cleveland.

I don't fault LeBron for leaving Cleveland. The announcement could have been Miami, NY, Chicago, or Oklahoma for all I care - what chapped me is how he went about doing it. 2 years ago saying basically the next couple season don't matter because he was going to be a FA. Refers to himself in the 3rd person. Fame and money has gone to his head and he has become one of the most ego-maniacal self-centered sports figures in sports history.

Doyel has a fantastic article on it.
I cant agree with you, he is going to Miami where there are 3 stars not just him, check off ego. He is taking less money, check that off. If fame and money went to his head he would have stayed in cleveland for max money or go to NY or NJ where he could become a tycoon of sorts. There is no different between Lebron leaving and boozer or Amare except he is moer sought after.

It is to bad that Cleveland is choosing to burn bridges as who is to say that Lebron would not want to return home after winning a couple of championships in Miami? At the end of this contract he will only be 30 and might have plenty of mileage left in him. His motivation for leaving is he wants to win a championship. I am sure given the choice he would have liked to have done it in Cleveland.
Also agree, a highly unlikely scenario but you dont burn your bridges, now other superstars wont want to play for Dan Gilbert because if they leave they will be flamed.

You may have missed the paraens....I aknowledge that exact statement. But ask Tiger how fletting sponsors can be. A contract is a contract and a lot of times (especially for pro athletes) establish who is the "big dog" of the team. So essentially I somewhat agree with you lol

Cool. And who knows how the perception of him will change with all the bad blood in Cleveland and new role. (D Wade might be the one who really benefits most) But I think any potential sponsor will gladly sacrifice the Cleveland market if LeBron ultimately gains the label "Champion".

2.) In an era of Ego, Lebron chose a team that he will have to take less shots, share the spotlight and not own the city he lives in.
(though he did schedule his own special...catch is all the money went to charity).

I would agree w/ that except just about every commercial had Lebron in them. He got paid for all of those.

Why are people surprised that L James did what he thought was best for him? When has he not? Even then why does anyone have the right to criticize?

I would bet dollars to donuts that anyone on thei board in his situation would have made the same decision.

Now if you want to criticize the process used for communicating it -- you might be able to generate a legitimate discussion.

If there's one thing I hate, it's losing. If there's two things I hate, it's losing and getting cancer.

I would bet dollars to donuts that anyone on thei board in his situation would have made the same decision.

Not me, I would have taken both the money and the shot at a championship with the Bulls. Granted, I am a Bulls fan but since they signed Boozer and retain Rose, Noah, and Deng you add a SG along with James and they would be the team to beat in the East. I think even without James if they sign a good SG they will be right in the mix.

It was over the top, yes. Lebron, ESPN, some in the media, that was too much.

But Lebron had a legal option to leave. Lebron signed a three year deal with Cleveland and basically gave them three years to improve the team. When they didn't sign Stodamire it was over. I cannot blame him for leaving. He doesn't really owe them anything, other than perhaps a more dignified exit. He lived up to the letter of his contract

Thanks for the objective take. Funny how when you strip away emotion you see things clearly.

The leBron saga reminds me of the Timberwolves trying to keep Kevin Garnett happy, almost impossible in a small market with the Spurs being the exception because they got lucky with two studs Parker and Mano they found in the 2nd round, plus Duncan is a rare superstar with a team first attitude and loyal to his team. LeBron knew the Cavs tried everything but couldnt build a championship team around him so he basically dumped them in a very cold and unprofessional way, silver lining was New York got dumped also!

I am long-time Twolves season ticket holder. Not fair to lump Garnett in with LeBron. Garnett worked hard every game he ever played for the Wolves and ultimately was traded in the best interest of the franchise. He is still cheered when he plays in Minnesota. Do you think LeBron will hear any cheers when he shows up in Cleveland next season?

Check out this story from the Cav's owner...sour grapes, sure, but he also hit the nail on the head

Who cares if he hit the nail on the head?

If LeBron did all this bs and decided to stay with the Cavs, their owner would be singing his praises instead.

They're all a bunch of rich asshats who don't deserve our sympathy in the least.

No Sacrifice, no Victory. the only thing the Lebron will feel when they win championships is relief and emptiness. He lacks the mental toughness and belief in himself.

He has to live with it though. not me!

Lebron decided to step back and join Wade's team. If they win, it will be expected...and it will be a Wade team win. If they lose,it will be on Lebron...that will be the perception. They might win a title,but not this year...while the Lakers are still strong with Kobe and the big inside guys that Miami cannot match. And America will cheer...

Lebron decided to step back and join Wade's team. If they win, it will be expected...and it will be a Wade team win. If they lose,it will be on Lebron...that will be the perception. They might win a title,but not this year...while the Lakers are still strong with Kobe and the big inside guys that Miami cannot match. And America will cheer...

Their bigs obviously won't be able to match up with the Lakers bigs. But with Wade and LeBron on the team now the Lakers wouldn't have the option to stick Artest or Arizia on the other teams go to perimeter scorer and let Kobe get some rest on defense. Chasing Wade around all game is going to lead to a lot more 6/24 nights for Kobe, who is basically just a jump shooter now.

Latest posts