Least Favorite Hawkeye BBall Players

I got nervous when Acie Earl touched the ball. He always looked so awkward and out of control, but always put up big numbers. Great player just my opinion.

Really Duez? I liked watching him play and loved his name. Do you know anybody else on the planet named Duez?

I dont think there is another Duez. Which means there isnt anyone in the world named Duez who can make a wide open 17 footer

Kevin Smith, short PG who thought he could blow by everyone to get to the basket. All to often he would drive to the basket, get stopped, and then try to throw up a prayer. The few times he did get to the basket more times than not he would miss the easy layup.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned seth gorney. Popping almost 3 pointers all the time, for example when we are up 2 at Penn St with 30 sec left. He missed terribly, they went down made a 3 and won. It was close to the end of the season and that loss really hurt us.

#1 Glen Worley, and it's not even close

Sonderleiter, Reiner, Thompson and Pierce.

I still don't know how Sonderleiter and Thompson got D1 scholarships anywhere-- especially in the Big 10!

#1 Glen Worley, and it's not even close

Sonderleiter, Reiner, Thompson and Pierce.

I still don't know how Sonderleiter and Thompson got D1 scholarships anywhere-- especially in the Big 10!

Thompson is the best story ever - didnt deserve a Big 10 scholarship, played terrible and parlayed it into a Big 12 scholarship

Glen Worley
7 footer Ramon something?
Glen Worley
Sean Sonderleiter
JR Angle
Glen Worley
Seth Gorney
Glen Worley

...mostly because none of these guys belonged at a Big Ten school, well other than Glen Worley who got worse over time.

Glen Worley
7 footer Ramon something?
Glen Worley
Sean Sonderleiter
JR Angle
Glen Worley
Seth Gorney
Glen Worley

...mostly because none of these guys belonged at a Big Ten school, well other than Glen Worley who got worse over time.

This list is about right. Ease up on Duez though, guys. Everybody knew he was just in there for defense. If he had to shoot from 17 that means the others didn't do their job. You are right that he couldn't shoot but that didn't make him a bad player.
Oh, and Shane is right, only one player who really belongs on this list and we all knew him as Alford's protege.

This list is about right. Ease up on Duez though, guys. Everybody knew he was just in there for defense. If he had to shoot from 17 that means the others didn't do their job. You are right that he couldn't shoot but that didn't make him a bad player.
Oh, and Shane is right, only one player who really belongs on this list and we all knew him as Alford's protege.

Duez, is one of the nicest Hawks I have ever met. He was great with the kids at basketball camp and is a geniune guy. He has had a fairly long career overseas. Dude was a Defensive stopper

All you posters are proving a point I made earlier..... you guys must all be really young! (And there is nothing wrong with that) but if anyone has been around Iowa bb for long they know this award goes to Al Lorenzen.......... without a doubt old school

All you posters are proving a point I made earlier..... you guys must all be really young! (And there is nothing wrong with that) but if anyone has been around Iowa bb for long they know this award goes to Al Lorenzen.......... without a doubt old school

just letting you know that the young guns are all about the Hawks and bleed black and gold!!!!!

This Alex Thompson? Hey, at least Iowa traded him to Iowa State.

YouTube - Alex Thompson's Only College Highlight

Thanks for finding this. I thought about the only good thing he ever did for the program (this shot) when I put him on the list. Man do I miss Horner and Bru. Those guys are my age, and I loved playing against them growing up (actually that sucked as Jeff destroyed me) and watching them both have great 4-year careers at Iowa.

Why?? Seriously.. The guy played most of his career with back pain that would put most people on disability.

He was a solid contributor to the best team Iowa has fielded in the last 29 seasons.

I got nervous when Acie Earl touched the ball. He always looked so awkward and out of control, but always put up big numbers. Great player just my opinion.

Acie is top of my list in this category too.

He did a lot of nice things for Iowa (camps etc...) after he went pro, but I cringed when he had the ball. That and his goofy looking gait when he ran up and down the court.

Latest posts