Least Favorite Hawkeye BBall Players

This is obviously a trick question, designed to expose one's loyalty. I'm surprised this many people provided names.

Thanks for finding this. I thought about the only good thing he ever did for the program (this shot) when I put him on the list. Man do I miss Horner and Bru. Those guys are my age, and I loved playing against them growing up (actually that sucked as Jeff destroyed me) and watching them both have great 4-year careers at Iowa.
Only time i liked thompson was for that one 3 point shot. He is my least favorite hawk, 2nd Reiner, 3rd Gourney. Two 7ft panzis.

Good... good... I can feel your hatred. You are on the path to the dark side... Now, strike down more former players.

Like Chris Kingsbury.

The American Cancer Society had a fundraiser where people would donate $X for every 3-point shot made by the Hawkeyes that year. Stupid me decided to pledge some hard-earned dough, and Chris decides to have his incredible, record-breaking 3-pointer bonanza. He could have had an average year, but he has to go be amazing.

And then he didn't come back his senior year. Thanks a lot, Chris.

This is obviously a trick question, designed to expose one's loyalty. I'm surprised this many people provided names.

That is why my only name was a guy who pulled a reverse Haluska. Always one step ahead.............like a carpenter.........who makes stairs. ;)

Thompson and Worley. No idea how ISU decided Thompson was worth a scholly too...I remember him coming back to Carver as a Clone, start the game, get pulled after 2 minutes and then not play the rest of the game. Worley never lived up to his potential and was a hack machine.

In over 30 years of following the Hawkeyes, the only 2 players I developed an irrational hatred for were Jake Jaacks and Greg Brunner.

Kevin Smith, short PG who thought he could blow by everyone to get to the basket. All to often he would drive to the basket, get stopped, and then try to throw up a prayer. The few times he did get to the basket more times than not he would miss the easy layup.

Kenny Fullard, for almost the same reasons. Bring the ball up the floor, drive to the middle and either throw up a bad shot or throw the ball away.

Latest posts