Least Favorite Hawkeye BBall Players

Gee, do you suppose there are good high school players all over the nation saying to themselves "the college that I really, really want to play for is the one where the fans spend their time comparing notes on which of their team's players they dislike the most"?

1. Troy Skinner - No one else comes close for me. Just think how good those early 90's teams could have been if we hadn't had a D-III point guard. He wasn't even the best player on his high school team.

2. Al Lorenzen

3. Brody Boyd (Skinner light)

A walk on???? Your going to throw a kid under the bus who did not have D1 talent but worked his butt off trying to help out in a bad situation.

This whole thread consists of anonymous attacks on people who were doing their best to make these posters happy. What makes an attack on Lil' Lick any worse than anyone else?

This thread sucks.

This whole thread consists of anonymous attacks on people who were doing their best to make these posters happy. What makes an attack on Lil' Lick any worse than anyone else?

This thread sucks.

The fact that he was a WALK ON. If you are going to rip on someone at least rip on someone that got paid a scholarship and college education to play ball here. Lil' Lick got nothing but bashed by many Hawk fans and when I seen him on the court he was trying to the best of his ability to help the team.

Acie is top of my list in this category too.

He did a lot of nice things for Iowa (camps etc...) after he went pro, but I cringed when he had the ball. That and his goofy looking gait when he ran up and down the court.

the last time I saw Acie we were on opposite teams at the fieldhouse and he was knocking down pull up threes like it was his job (that was like 6 years ago).

The fact that he was a WALK ON. If you are going to rip on someone at least rip on someone that got paid a scholarship and college education to play ball here. Lil' Lick got nothing but bashed by many Hawk fans and when I seen him on the court he was trying to the best of his ability to help the team.

Although I never seen him on the court, he was out there more than he ever should have been.

Other players I was not a fan of: Greg Helmers and Seth Gorney. I nicknamed Seth: "Instant Turnover".

I agree with several of the posters here that this is not a good thread. Every player mentioned suited up in the black and gold and played hard for Iowa. I, too, would hate to have future hawks read posts like this.

Latest posts