Lazard

Michael Floyd? Golden Tate? Arnaz Battle? David Givins? Derrick Mayes? Just to name a few I can think of. Can't name any ISU receivers.

The point is. Ross has a team that puts OL in the NFL on a regular basis. Lazard's dad went to ISU. Who cares? Unless he considers that the best decision for himself is to go where his dad went. I always thought it was every parent's goal to have their kid do better for themselves than they did. Don't get it.

I said success IN the NFL. Tate is probably the most successful of that bunch, and he's not been any too spectacular since leaving Notre Dame. And in any case, maybe getting to the NFL isn't his top priority?

Kids choose to go against the grain from time to time. But nobody here is willing to accept that Lazard may be doing just that. I don't think it's unfathomable for Lazard to end up at Notre Dame, and I certainly wouldn't blame him. But I don't see it actually happening.

Howe tweeted a little bit ago that he spoke with Lazard and ND and Stanford official visits are being planned.
Because they have great recruits he can poach. Look, top players are sick of going to established schools with excellent football programs and world-class academics. The kids with character want to go to a glorified trucking school and build up a terrible program.

Because they have great recruits he can poach. Look, top players are sick of going to established schools with excellent football programs and world-class academics. The kids with character want to go to a glorified trucking school and build up a terrible program.

I thought if a guy goes back on his word, he DOESN'T have character?

I said success IN the NFL. Tate is probably the most successful of that bunch, and he's not been any too spectacular since leaving Notre Dame. And in any case, maybe getting to the NFL isn't his top priority?

Kids choose to go against the grain from time to time. But nobody here is willing to accept that Lazard may be doing just that. I don't think it's unfathomable for Lazard to end up at Notre Dame, and I certainly wouldn't blame him. But I don't see it actually happening.

Well the best of the bunch decided to pitch for the cubs. Anyways, Lazard's not going to ISU. He is a top shelf talent who will want to maximize his chance at the NFL. He's going to watch this year's team (good chance of going 0'fer), and find the out he needs to decommit.

Well the best of the bunch decided to pitch for the cubs. Anyways, Lazard's not going to ISU. He is a top shelf talent who will want to maximize his chance at the NFL. He's going to watch this year's team (good chance of going 0'fer), and find the out he needs to decommit.

Good to know you've got such amazing insight into who he is and what he wants. The people who know him don't believe he's going elsewhere, either.

Just because YOU don't want him to go to ISU, doesn't mean he won't. And that's all this is; people who have nothing but hatred for ISU, wanting ISU to suffer a gut punch in addition to what certainly appears is going to be a lousy season.

You seem to be very upset with the people who think Lazard won't end up at ISU. While you provided good reason for your opinion it doesn't mean that other people's opinions/thoughts/predictions are completely invalid. Your level of frustration and defensiveness over this issue is a bit...odd. I have no opinion on where I think he'll end up, however the opinion that he may want to play for a "name" school seems completely reasonable. It's why, while disappointed, no one was really upset with Ross for wanting to play for pay at Alabama.

You seem to be very upset with the people who think Lazard won't end up at ISU. While you provided good reason for your opinion it doesn't mean that other people's opinions/thoughts/predictions are completely invalid. Your level of frustration and defensiveness over this issue is a bit...odd. I have no opinion on where I think he'll end up, however the opinion that he may want to play for a "name" school seems completely reasonable. It's why, while disappointed, no one was really upset with Ross for wanting to play for pay at Alabama.

You must have skipped town for a few days. There was plenty of butt hurt going around.

As for Lazard, some people think he'll leave because ISU sucks. Well, they weren't exactly good when he committed, and he had all of these top schools on his trail at the time. Bama came in after Ross had committed, and therefore changed the equation. But what's really changed about the recruiting environment around Lazard? Stanford and Notre Dame are still good, just like they were when he told them no 9 months ago. ISU still isn't good, just like 9 months ago.

It's the ones who simply WANT it to happen that bug me.

You must have skipped town for a few days. There was plenty of butt hurt going around.

As for Lazard, some people think he'll leave because ISU sucks. Well, they weren't exactly good when he committed, and he had all of these top schools on his trail at the time. Bama came in after Ross had committed, and therefore changed the equation. But what's really changed about the recruiting environment around Lazard? Stanford and Notre Dame are still good, just like they were when he told them no 9 months ago. ISU still isn't good, just like 9 months ago.

It's the ones who simply WANT it to happen that bug me.

I'm not sure how you missed it being on Cyclownfanatic all the time.....#Momentum #Forward #OntheRise. You really think they sold Lazard by telling them they were awful, and they were gonna stay awful? Or do you think they sold him on #Momentum, #Forward #OntheRise, and telling him they have gone to bowl games 3 of the last 4 years, that Rhoads is building something special?

I personally don't think Lazard ultimately switches, but if you don't think going to another more winning and prestigious school might be on somewhere in the back of his head, then I think you are naive.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you missed it being on Cyclownfanatic all the time.....#Momentum #Forward #OntheRise. You really think they sold Lazard by telling them they were awful, and they were gonna stay awful? Or do you think they sold him on #Momentum, #Forward #OntheRise, and telling him they have gone to bowl games 3 of the last 4 years, that Rhoads is building something special?

I personally don't think Lazard ultimately switches, but if you think going to another more winning and prestigious school might be on his mind, then I think you are naive.

You forgot #quietconfidence. TM sure is butt hurt over the Clones 0-2 start.

Just will repost this again, as there is extra freaking out about Lazard right now. I have connections with kids he goes to school with (through club sports coaching and some small time drug dealing jk...nr...mjk)...word is he already Has an ISU tat and he is ISU4LYFTRUSOLDIER.

One parent put it to me this way: if Ames was half closer to DSM he would have transferred there for high school. He's Fred Hoiberg Level deep in clown college since birth.

I'm just going to leave this here.

If the kid is that talented, yet he sticks with his committment to an absolutely dead program... he's a fool. Talk about limiting your career potential. Then again, that sounds just like a clone legacy

If the kid is that talented, yet he sticks with his committment to an absolutely dead program... he's a fool. Talk about limiting your career potential. Then again, that sounds just like a clone legacy

But wait! They have that 4* burner from USF that transferred there...

I personally don't think Lazard ultimately switches, but if you don't think going to another more winning and prestigious school might be on somewhere in the back of his head, then I think you are naive.

I acknowledged that I wouldn't blame him for switching. I'm sure the thought is floating around somewhere; he'd be a fool to not have that thought at some point, even if it were just a passing thought. But, like you, I don't think he switches.

You forgot #quietconfidence. TM sure is butt hurt over the Clones 0-2 start.

Not hating ISU with the passion that you do does not mean I'm butt hurt over ISU's 0-2 start.

I'm just going to leave this here.

So what this article told me this kid was Auburn bound until they did not retain the guy that was recruiting him. I believe in Lazard's case Rhoads was the guy that recruited him.

Also the article just reinforces what I thought, its about the coaching relationship's and Lazard has been around ISU coaches forever, he has gotten to know Rhoads and his staff for the past 4 years. If Rhoads is canned then yes he is probably gone.

I think in the case of Iowa, and losing a top football recruit and top basketball recruit, they had the misfortune of having 2 of the best programs ever come calling.

Bama can tell any recruit you have a better than 80% chance of playing in a national title every year. Kentucky, aside from the blip last year, same thing, there is a high probability you play in final 4's year in and year out.

Sounds like Iowa was 2nd to Kentucky for the Ulis kid, beating out an MSU program that goes to the NCAA tourney every year. Anybody but Bama for football and Kentucky for basketball and Iowa keeps/gets them both.

Will be interesting to see what Notre Dame does this year? Barely beating Purdue, a Purdue team many on here chalked up as a win for Iowa this year.
With their schedule they could finish 5-7 to 8-4

Stanford, would never a deny a kid a chance to go there, great campus, football atmosphere is a pretty much wine and cheese and laid back, went for ND-Stanford a couple of years ago and not loud at all, but education cannot beat it.

Maybe the kid switches, maybe he doesn't. But after reading some posts on here calling the kid stupid if he stays, makes me wonder if these same people were not on Twitter after the Ulis decision telling that kid he made a stupid choice. Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess. Most people have no idea why kids make the choices they do, and maybe, just maybe they weigh all things and make what they feel is the best decision for them.

Latest posts