Lazard

Easier and quicker to turn a basketball program around with one 5-star player than in football. I do think he's foolish because I think he's selling himself short. ISU has no history of winning or putting WR's in to the league. Does he really want to risk not getting in to the league which is quite possible at ISU? Chances are he still makes it, but the road could become longer and harder at ISU. Lack of exposure, lack of great coaching (at his position), lack of winning, etc. It's why I don't get all bent out of shape when the Hawks lose out on home grown kids with other huge offers (Alabama, Michigan, North Carolina, etc).
It's one thing to try and build something back up, but it is another to build something that was never there in the first place. I remember the parabolic "foolish builder" from the Book of Matthew, who builds his house on sand. Without a solid foundation, it just collapses at the first sign of rain. Everything Paul Rhodes "built" in Ames was washed away in a couple of rainstorms that blew in from the East.

Idiot hox. The only reason Lazard is even talking to ND is because he's poaching their recruits to ISU.
Lol I remember when clown fans actually believed this a few months ago. Here is how the conversation would go.

Lazard: Hey I know you want to go to ND but have you given ISU a look.

Other ND Recruit: ISU? isn't that the team that went 0-12 this year?

Lazard: Yeah but their program is on the rise. Rhoads once took them to two straight December bowl games.

Other ND recruit: Wait isn't ISU who lost to a FCS team week 1?

Lazard: Yeah but UNI is really good. Like UNI could have beaten almost anyone that week.

Other ND recruit: Well you make a compelling argument. I guess I'll have to make the trip to Iowa City and check it out.

Lazard: Actually it's in Ames.

Other ND recruit: what ever.

Easier and quicker to turn a basketball program around with one 5-star player than in football. I do think he's foolish because I think he's selling himself short. ISU has no history of winning or putting WR's in to the league. Does he really want to risk not getting in to the league which is quite possible at ISU? Chances are he still makes it, but the road could become longer and harder at ISU. Lack of exposure, lack of great coaching (at his position), lack of winning, etc. It's why I don't get all bent out of shape when the Hawks lose out on home grown kids with other huge offers (Alabama, Michigan, North Carolina, etc).

Exactly. If he isn't going to play in the interior of the offense or anywhere on defense, then their weaknesses will still be that. If they don't block any better, no reason to stack the box, easy to double-team him. That is, if they ever get the ball away from the other team...

This was never a secret. He's always planned on taking those visits. Believe it or not, but some guys actually wouldn't mind getting a free trip to see a game at Notre Dame.

Just like Ross P was just visiting Stanford and Bama to sight see...

Howe tweeted a little bit ago that he spoke with Lazard and ND and Stanford official visits are being planned.

Uh oh. Baaaad news.

At first he

paul.rhoads.icon.jpg

and then he

images

Just like Ross P was just visiting Stanford and Bama to sight see...

Just because Pierschbacher bailed doesn't mean Lazard will. Pierschbacher had also gone on record as saying (essentially) "we'll see how the season goes for Iowa." Lazard has never suggested anything along those lines, at any point in his recruitment, about ISU.

I do find it somewhat amusing that OLWPAORWWM seems to think Lazard would be an idiot for going to ISU, while he roasted Pierschbacher for having the same change of heart that he thinks Lazard should have now.

Just because Pierschbacher bailed doesn't mean Lazard will. Pierschbacher had also gone on record as saying (essentially) "we'll see how the season goes for Iowa." Lazard has never suggested anything along those lines, at any point in his recruitment, about ISU.

I do find it somewhat amusing that OLWPAORWWM seems to think Lazard would be an idiot for going to ISU, while he roasted Pierschbacher for having the same change of heart that he thinks Lazard should have now.

Exactly, because ISU has such a long history of putting receivers in the NFL. He'd be crazy not to want to go to ISU.

You know, your work has such a nice ISU slant to it. Have you ever considered writing for Chris Williams over on CryFan? He's always looking for homers to pump up the spirits of his slimy posters. You would be a perfect fit.

This was never a secret. He's always planned on taking those visits. Believe it or not, but some guys actually wouldn't mind getting a free trip to see a game at Notre Dame.

I know what you are saying Tork, but if you really think he is taking those visits just to site see, then you are younger and more naive than I thought. Would you let your girlfriend go on a date with some celebrity playboy just "to see what it's like"?

When he compares the game day atmosphere to ND, when he compares the education received to ND it isn't like ISU is even remotely in that league. I would be very afraid if/when he took those visits, just like I didn't want RP to go to Alabama, or Ulis to Kentucky....it is a whole nother level at those places.

ISU has the same reputation of putting WR in the league that Iowa has with O-linemen.

You know, your work has such a nice ISU slant to it. Have you ever considered writing for Chris Williams over on CryFan? He's always looking for homers to pump up the spirits of his slimy posters. You would be a perfect fit.

I don't have a slant to what I'm saying. It's my opinion that he's going to stay. I thought Pierschbacher was going to leave, and thought Ulis would stay. I don't form opinions like this because I'm biased in some way. I just really don't think Lazard is going to decommit.

I might end up being wrong, just like I was wrong about Ulis. But I'm not going to change my opinion because some of you think I'm seeing this through ISU-colored glasses, just like I didn't when people on CF thought I was seeing the Ulis situation through Black and Gold glasses.

ISU has the same reputation of putting WR in the league that Iowa has with O-linemen.

And Notre Dame's WR's have had so much success in the NFL since Tim Brown? Lazard also has stronger ties to ISU than Pierschbacher had to Iowa.

And Notre Dame's WR's have had so much success in the NFL since Tim Brown? Lazard also has stronger ties to ISU than Pierschbacher had to Iowa.

Michael Floyd? Golden Tate? Arnaz Battle? David Givins? Derrick Mayes? Just to name a few I can think of. Can't name any ISU receivers.

The point is. Ross has a team that puts OL in the NFL on a regular basis. Lazard's dad went to ISU. Who cares? Unless he considers that the best decision for himself is to go where his dad went. I always thought it was every parent's goal to have their kid do better for themselves than they did. Don't get it.

Latest posts