Lavin is the wish of the day

The only people who want Lavin just look at his career record and assume he must have been a good coach at UCLA. The guy is pure garbage, my worst nightmare is that man being Iowa's next head basketball coach.

he has been my #2 since the start....although everyday i fall in love with someone new when jon does one of his coaches profiles
Really? I've been falling in love with my toilet every time I've been seeing the updates on candidate rumors.

The only people who want Lavin just look at his career record and assume he must have been a good coach at UCLA. The guy is pure garbage, my worst nightmare is that man being Iowa's next head basketball coach.

Why is he garbage?

I'm trying to figure out how Lavin is garbage? Tell me what about the following screams garbage:

Went to the Sweet 16 five times in a six year period
Had six straight 20+ win seasons
Had six straight NCAA tournament appearances
Has a career record of 10-1 in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament
Had an overall record of 145-78 while at UCLA

Yeah, that sounds like a coach that is WAY beneath Iowa's standards. Give me a break!

I'm trying to figure out how Lavin is garbage? Tell me what about the following screams garbage:

Went to the Sweet 16 five times in a six year period
Had six straight 20+ win seasons
Had six straight NCAA tournament appearances
Has a career record of 10-1 in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament
Had an overall record of 145-78 while at UCLA

Yeah, that sounds like a coach that is WAY beneath Iowa's standards. Give me a break!

I think Lavin stole his girlfriend, and married her. Pretty sure it's not basketball related. Understandable, though.

Lavin + Iowa= A lot of losing and probation. This man massively underachieved with UCLA's resources at his disposal.

My worst nightmare is you are going to have a 25th post and make yourself look clueless even more.

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree.

Will Lavin end up at Iowa. Probably not. However to state that he is pure garbage is a bit harsh coming from someone that has most likely never met the man. I enjoy listening to Lavin and hearing what he has to say this time of year.

I also don't have to assume if he was a good coach at UCLA. What a ridiculious statement. lol

I would love to get Lavin at Iowa.

Last edited:
I think Lavin stole his girlfriend, and married her. Pretty sure it's not basketball related. Understandable, though.

If Lavin's current wife is the girlfriend that he stole from this poster then this is COMPLETELY understandable! She would look great in Black and Gold!!!

He's been on the top of my list from the start.......I posted those numbers a while back and people scoffed at them. Lavin is a hell of a coach. Anybody that says otherwise has only followed college basketball closely for 7 or 8 years....

I'd fully support the hiring of Steve Lavin. He's a fantastic recruiter and it would be a great PR splash.

If Lavin's current wife is the girlfriend that he stole from this poster then this is COMPLETELY understandable! She would look great in Black and Gold!!!

Here's 1,000 words on Lavin's wife:

Picture%208(64).png

I follow UCLA, have since I was a kid.. Other than Hawkeyes... they are my favorite bball team. He was a good ingame coach and excellent recruiter..

So what would you look at besides his record??? Give me an example of pure garbage.. except his old hair style.. lol....that doesn't count...

Ironically, reports on the west coast have surfaced that indicate that Depaul is making a run at lavin's replacement,Ben Howland. Rumor is that Depaul is throwing silly money at Howland,and if he bites,UCLA will go after Pitino. Better looking trollops in the resturants in LA for Pitino....and Cal might be chasing him out of Ky.

The coaching musical chairs could start spinning at an amazing pace the next ten days.

I would take Lavin over Gregory and Boylen for SURE! He would be a big splash and good PR. If he gets the right recruiter on board, he could do really well at Iowa. I think he is hungry to get back into coaching. The post about him being garbage is totally inaccurate. Look at his coaching numbers and listen to him talk. He knows the game and is sharp and well spoken.

Hey, 1010?

Why don't you explain your perspective instead of calling the guy names? You might have more credibility.

Latest posts