Latest on Coker, ICPC

I am wondering if it was more of a, if you leave Iowa City I won't go forward with the charges kind of deal. Just keeping victim and defendant away from each other. The case can be opened again within the next 5 years, and if Coker stayed he had the chance that the victim could always re open the accusations/investigation.

It's interesting the speculated reason for Coker's suspension/departure has changed so drastically in the past week. Seemed like everything you read prior to his departure was that the whole thing centered around an alleged cheating on a test incident. Makes you wonder where that story even came from.

and why did it take her 3 hours to come forward?

What the? Maybe she called friends or family to tell them what happened and wanted some advice. Maybe she had to find a way to get back to her place. Maybe she wanted to lay down for a couple hours and get some sleep.

It's interesting the speculated reason for Coker's suspension/departure has changed so drastically in the past week. Seemed like everything you read prior to his departure was that the whole thing centered around an alleged cheating on a test incident. Makes you wonder where that story even came from.

All due respect the only people that were speculating it was about academics were the ones that didn't know anything. It wasn't a closely kept secret that this was a female related issue.

All due respect the only people that were speculating it was about academics were the ones that didn't know anything. It wasn't a closely kept secret that this was a female related issue.

This is probably true. I was told the day after Christmas, while visiting my brother-in-law. He knew because he works as a medic in Des Moines, and the Des Moines PD told him. Just wasn't in "the news".

@mnhawkeyefreak, if I were you i would be careful listing your source. a professional Dr should not be passing along patients names and the police should do the same....very, very unprofessional.

@mnhawkeyefreak, if I were you i would be careful listing your source. a professional Dr should not be passing along patients names and the police should do the same....very, very unprofessional.

cops talk about that kind of stuff all the time. how else do you think stories run in the am paper about DUIs and stuff that happened 2 hours earlier.

He's not a doctor but still bound by the rules of HIPAA which apply to medical information. I made sure I didn't tell you where he worked. The police told him about a criminal case...couldn't tell you what their rules are regarding that stuff and you can bet he wouldn't of heard about it if it was Joe Schmoe.

A couple weeks ago someone posted on this site that this involved a woman and something to the effect of Coker not having "full consent" per U of Iowa student conduct policies - anyone remember who posted that?

i'm sorry, in my ONE experience of someone dealing with sexual assault, the person was going through the process within the hour of the event. i was unaware it was fairly common to wait 3 hours or til the next day. in no way was i blaming the alleged victim like i was accused of

Latest posts