Latest on Coker, ICPC

If the time of the alleged assault/incident was 1:30AM and she reported it 3 hrs later ................... well lets just say that is an interesting piece of information.

^ Interesting how?

If she went to the hospital to be worked up for an assualt, that can easily take three hours. Often, the ER staff assists in making phone calls for these types of charges. They probably examined her first. It's ridiculous to say that she should have callled sooner.

If it comes out that he did anything against someone's consent, I will be glad to be rid of him. That said, I've met Coker a few times. He seemed like a really nice kid and, on the surface, it sounds like Ferentz was in his corner. Ferentz has used good judgement before and I'm inclined to say if he's upset about losing Marcus, the rest of us should be too.

^ Interesting how?

If she went to the hospital to be worked up for an assualt, that can easily take three hours. Often, the ER staff assists in making phone calls for these types of charges. They probably examined her first. It's ridiculous to say that she should have callled sooner.

If it comes out that he did anything against someone's consent, I will be glad to be rid of him. That said, I've met Coker a few times. He seemed like a really nice kid and, on the surface, it sounds like Ferentz was in his corner. Ferentz has used good judgement before and I'm inclined to say if he's upset about losing Marcus, the rest of us should be too.

she went to the police 1st. 3 hour interview, then to the hospital for care/counseling/evidence gathering.

This. Sometimes it takes as long as a week for a victim to report. Obviously, the longer you wait, the less chance there is of catching the guy who did it, but three hours is VERY quick.

fair enough. as i stated, i've had one experience with anything like this and the person was going through the process within the hour. and every other interaction that required police presence has taken place within an hour. my simple question about 3 hours was taken way out of context

i'm sorry, in my ONE experience of someone dealing with sexual assault, the person was going through the process within the hour of the event. i was unaware it was fairly common to wait 3 hours or til the next day. in no way was i blaming the alleged victim like i was accused of

A lot depends on who the girl has in her corner. If there are friends/family/etc. encouraging her to go to the police ASAP, then it might get done sooner. If the girl doesn't tell any of her friends, and tries to bottle it up (which is usually the first response), then it will take longer (if she ever reports it at all; a lot of rapes never get reported).

^ Interesting how?

I'm not saying that she should have called sooner, not at all. I consider going to the police and the hospital between the hours of 1:30 to 4:30AM to be decisive action. The action of someone that does indeed believe they have been seriously wronged.

New nomine for ****tard of the month. Please explain the benefits of being famous for being sexually assaulted by a college football player?

Precisely. That sort of thing could only work with professional players that you can sue.

she went to the police 1st. 3 hour interview, then to the hospital for care/counseling/evidence gathering.

Ah, I read that wrong.

As someone said a few posts down from yours (multi quote fail on my part), it sounds like the actions of a woman who believes she was assaulted/wronged.

Latest posts