Land of 10 is history

Not surprising. Their YouTube content had gotten super, super weird as of lately. A lot of less than 30 second clips of really obscure stuff

That is super disappointing. I go to their Iowa football page every day to see what they have posted. I had no idea they were in any danger of being shut down.

Now if you told me the ESPN Big Ten blog was being shut down, that would not shock me at all. They have posted like 3 stories total since the season ended and the page had grown pretty worthless even before that.

But Land of 10 is still a good site with good content. Maybe it's just as well. Pull the plug before you let it go to hell.

Didn’t Scott Dochterman just leave the CR Gazette to join Land of 10?

I think he left a couple of years ago to go there....so it's been awhile. But their content was excellent and he won't have an issue catching on somewhere else as he's a solid writer with some great connections.

That is super disappointing. I go to their Iowa football page every day to see what they have posted. I had no idea they were in any danger of being shut down.

Now if you told me the ESPN Big Ten blog was being shut down, that would not shock me at all. They have posted like 3 stories total since the season ended and the page had grown pretty worthless even before that.

But Land of 10 is still a good site with good content. Maybe it's just as well. Pull the plug before you let it go to hell.
Couldn't agree more. I love their Iowa site. Very well done, and very good well though out stories.

I liked their content as well, but the whole Internet sports news thing is thinning out. There are still way too many places do sports commentary that have little in the way of incoming revenue. Having good content isn't enough to keep sites like that afloat.

I'm never going to pay a subscription. I don't find I need it that bad and info will always eventually leak out. I don't have to be the first to know.

There are only so many subscriptions a guy can do a month, and these kinds are very low on my list.

Latest posts