Kurt to get Twitter!!!

I think some people need to realize that HN and other msg boards are comprised of individuals with different thoughts and different personalities than their own. As in life, it is important to have a sense of humor and appreciate the uniqueness of all. Even more fortunate for some, on a message board, you are not forced to read (hear/interpret/criticize) every post, and further, there is even an "ignore" feature. Some people actually come here for entertainment with their hawkeye/sports updates.

#loveGeorgeCarlinClassClown

This post should be a sticky atop the fora. Well stated, Colo. :)

The funny thing to me is this whole thread is a perfect example of just how sad some of you are. Reminds me of a elementary school classroom where a few boys compete to be the class clown... Only in this case we're talking about grown men on an Internet message board trying to make lame attempts at humor. Seems like Ghost is the leader and has a couple idiots that try to follow him and encourage it. At least in elementary school you may impress a girl or something by being funny. Not sure who your target audience is here.

I see what you are saying Chad. When you look at it from outside the box it's so pathetic it is kinda funny!

It really is, all you can do is chuckle about it. These internet guys just don't get out enuff to see outside of their own little world. I see people like them every day, they just don't have the common sense or world experience of someone like me or Chad.

The funny thing to me is this whole thread is a perfect example of just how sad some of you are. Reminds me of a elementary school classroom where a few boys compete to be the class clown... Only in this case we're talking about grown men on an Internet message board trying to make lame attempts at humor. Seems like Ghost is the leader and has a couple idiots that try to follow him and encourage it. At least in elementary school you may impress a girl or something by being funny. Not sure who your target audience is here.

serious+business.jpg

#imnottehleader

I see what you are saying Chad. When you look at it from outside the box it's so pathetic it is kinda funny!

I do it for teh lulz. If laughing is pathetic then **** you.:D

It really is, all you can do is chuckle about it. These internet guys just don't get out enuff to see outside of their own little world. I see people like them every day, they just don't have the common sense or world experience of someone like me or Chad.

hahahaha
I put on nearly 1200 driving miles this week (Mon-Thu), traveling in & around four states (NC, SC, GA, and AL). Happily interacted with literally dozens of people.
You?

hahahaha
I put on nearly 1200 driving miles this week (Mon-Thu), traveling in & around four states (NC, SC, GA, and AL). Happily interacted with literally dozens of people.
You?

Can't you see that our good friend hawkfan33 is trying to use his post to impart a life lesson on us? I, for one, would be completely lost without the guidance and direction provided therein.

Dude, that sucks! Today is day 21 since I last filled my car with teh gas.

No suckage. I have a great gig. Was considering leaving it for another travelin' jobby, but I terminated the interview phase because the VP expected the hire to be in le HQ office when not on the road. I work from home, and I won't give that up.
I don't pay for my gas, btw.

Can't you see that our good friend hawkfan33 is trying to use his post to impart a life lesson on us? I, for one, would be completely lost without the guidance and direction provided therein.

Yeh, I agree with you that he's trollin'. :D

hahahaha
You?

And where would you be without the car salesmen who sold you that car? Nowhere, and that's the difference some of us are leaders of men -selling cars and dropping knowledge on the masses, others are just followers. Some day, once you've had enuff life experience, people like you will realize the difference.

No suckage. I have a great gig. Was considering leaving it for another travelin' jobby, but I terminated the interview phase because the VP expected the hire to be in le HQ office when not on the road. I work from home, and I won't give that up.
I don't pay for my gas, btw.

I guess some guys just like going to teh road. I hate driving around. Teh first job I had out of college involved driving around about half teh day, and I got sick of it. Now a days, le wife doesn't drive, so I have to drive for two, and still think it is teh sux.

No you see I don't think this is "serious business". I just don't think you're funny that's all. Sorry to burst your bubble. In fact I agree with ColoradoHawk. It doesn't bother me one bit that this ridiculousness goes on. I just don't find most of it to be very funny like it's intended. It's pretty lame if you ask me. I take it as kind of a desperate attempt at getting noticed because you can't provide an informative post so you take the class clown approach.

Kind of reminds me of the Napoleon Dynamite movie. My brother watched it and told me I have to go see it because it was so funny. I waited until it came out for rental and I made it through about the first 10 minutes before I turned it off. I'm just not a fan of the dry humor. I'd categorize any attempt at message board humor as "dry" because it just isn't a great platform to be successful at being funny. With that said, every once in awhile someone surprises me and cracks me up a bit.

It's nothing personal. To each his own. Like Colo said, if it bothers me I could always hit the ignore button. It doesn't bother me like that tho and I don't like ignoring people because I appreciate insight from everyone. I'm just admitting I don't find a lot of it very funny. What is funny is what Chad pointed out.... the real reason people attempt at being funny on here.

And where would you be without the car salesmen who sold you that car? Nowhere, and that's the difference some of us are leaders of men -selling cars and dropping knowledge on the masses, others are just followers. Some day, once you've had enuff life experience, people like you will realize the difference.

I think I'm sort of catching on to your schtick. Maybe. It is very, very dry?

No you see I don't think this is "serious business". I just don't think you're funny that's all. Sorry to burst your bubble. In fact I agree with ColoradoHawk. It doesn't bother me one bit that this ridiculousness goes on. I just don't find most of it to be very funny like it's intended. It's pretty lame if you ask me. I take it as kind of a desperate attempt at getting noticed because you can't provide an informative post so you take the class clown approach.

Kind of reminds me of the Napoleon Dynamite movie. My brother watched it and told me I have to go see it because it was so funny. I waited until it came out for rental and I made it through about the first 10 minutes before I turned it off. I'm just not a fan of the dry humor. I'd categorize any attempt at message board humor as "dry" because it just isn't a great platform to be successful at being funny. With that said, every once in awhile someone surprises me and cracks me up a bit.

It's nothing personal. To each his own. Like Colo said, if it bothers me I could always hit the ignore button. It doesn't bother me like that tho and I don't like ignoring people because I appreciate insight from everyone. I'm just admitting I don't find a lot of it very funny. What is funny is what Chad pointed out.... the real reason people attempt at being funny on here.

What DO you find funny, DP? Pls give an example of something that made you laffy.

I guess some guys just like going to teh road. I hate driving around. Teh first job I had out of college involved driving around about half teh day, and I got sick of it. Now a days, le wife doesn't drive, so I have to drive for two, and still think it is teh sux.

Hey, the world needs cubicle farmers too, brah.

Dude, it's May. You're not going to get informative posts when nothing is going on. Unless Micah Hyde chugs a handle of spiced rum and kicks teh windshield out of a cop car, you're not going to see an "informative post" until football camp opens.

Kert getting Twitter is not a topic that is going to generate an interesting conversation.

Also, I hated Napoleon Dynamite teh first time I watched it, but it grew on me.

#LOOKATMELOOKATME

Well I can't think of something off the top of my head that made me laugh on the message board... it just doesn't happen very often. Occasionally someone will make a good zing towards a Cyclone or Badger fan that might make me crack up.

I'm a big fan of comedy movies like Office Space, The Hangover, Wedding Crashers, Old School, and other movies of that nature. I enjoy the more raunchy approach to humor. Ron White, Kat Williams, etc... Love those guys.

What DO you find funny, DP? Pls give an example of something that made you laffy.

I'd like an example of wet humor, please.

Well I can't think of something off the top of my head that made me laugh on the message board... it just doesn't happen very often. Occasionally someone will make a good zing towards a Cyclone or Badger fan that might make me crack up.

I'm a big fan of comedy movies like Office Space, The Hangover, Wedding Crashers, Old School, and other movies of that nature. I enjoy the more raunchy approach to humor. Ron White, Kat Williams, etc... Love those guys.

This is for you...

over-sized-sunglasses-hot-in-italy-bewbs-demotivational-poster-1265106472.jpg

#raunchylaughs

Latest posts