Kris Murray 1st-Team All-B1G, Rebraca 3rd-Team

Basketball is a team game. If we follow up Nebraska with an early BTT exit and an early NCAA tourney exit will that fact keep you warm at night? When a friend who is a Purdue fans ribs you about how they are still playing are you gonna come back with we had 1 first teamer and 3 honorable mentions and you only had 1 first teamer and 2 honorable mentions??

Also think you have to go back. If there was only one all B1G team and POY, FOY, Def. POY for a total of 8 vs. the 52 honors slots you have now it is not apples to apples. The awards are fine but certainly a watered down version compared to back in the day. 66 if you count the sportsman slots. Almost as many B1G awards as NCAA tournament teams. :)
Or, maybe appreciation for the less dramatic skill sets. Maybe we have become more sophisticated, not necessarily “watered down.”

You don't think his 3 point shot has been off of late?
Actually, yes, it has. Along with his free throw consistency. I think he may be well served to come back to Iowa next year. Yeah. I know all the reasons that have been argued against his return. Just not sure I agree. My reaction was to your hyperbole.

As a follow, how many of us would trade having Kris one more year vs a significant run in the NCAA's? By significant, I mean elite 8 type of run.............after the Nebby debacle, I don't see it happening, but then again, stranger things have happened.

With 3 pt shooting teams, ya never know.

Given Keagan is 89th in the NBA in minutes played and 105th in scoring. 100th in boards. Not All Star, but not exactly moderate. 89th in minutes played.

30 teams. 150 starting spots.... Pretty decent I would say. More non-starters than starters.
Among 77 rookies that got time so far this year...

Totals
1st in 3P
4th in MP
5th in FG
6th in TRB
10th in AST
6th in STL

Per Game
4th in MP
5th in PTS
9th in TRB

He's going to probably be one of the best Hawks alumni to play in the bigs.

Among 77 rookies that got time so far this year...

Totals
1st in 3P
4th in MP
5th in FG
6th in TRB
10th in AST
6th in STL

Per Game
4th in MP
5th in PTS
9th in TRB

He's going to probably be one of the best Hawks alumni to play in the bigs.
Thx for doing what I wanted to do, but didn't.

Looking at the rankings, that would put him something like 5th best outcome (averages) among all draftees and on the 6th best team. Kings got their money's worth on Keagan. Plus I just would tend to believe Keagan is a positive intangible influence on the Kings. Kris reminds me a lot of Bates-Diop without the disappearing act.

I think the Hawks will find out next year Kris made everyone look better than they are, except Perkins who is much better than he shows and hopefully next year will show it.

Kris is still projected as a #19 seed

Has been for a while, every time #19

Trace Jackson-Davis as a #31 seed

Zach Edy is projected as a #41 Seed

The "Experts" seem to like Kris

Hope he stays, what are the odds

My heart wants him to come back, but my head tells me he should go. A lot of these guys before they declare get a lot of feedback from experts, as well as work towards refining skill set before they go. I wish Kris the best of luck regardless of his decision.

I think he has the tools to play the next level. Just seems a little less refined than Keegan was at this point. I believe Keegan actually said Kris was the better shooter and usually won when they played one on one.

Ya….the stats do say otherwise….but I do agree with observation made by analysts he is mechanically off shooting 3s

On and Off from game to game

But overall seems like on

No matter how he is playing in an individual game

He seems to score 15-20 points and 8-10 rebounds

I would really like to see him return

Incoming recruits would profit considerably practicing and playing with Kris

IF Kris is projected to be safely in the 1st round, and be in line for a guaranteed rookie NBA contract, he would be flat touched in the head not to jump. While I question whether he is getting some grade inflation due to his brother's success, you can see how his length and skillset translate well to the NBA game, so I can see taking a shot with him in the middle of the first round. Value pick.

If he were being told he was more likely to fall into the second, with the right NIL deal, arguments could be made to stay another season. Being a star in college and receiving appreciable cash versus bouncing around in the G league? I might take the former. But, he doesn't appear to be projected outside of the first round, so I think we are watching his last few games in an Iowa uniform.

I also want to give some love to Rebraca. Very improved player from even last year. He balled out this year. Being 6'9 in the Big Ten and taking on a lot of big men, I thought he did a heckuva job. Well deserved recognition. Improved in all facets of his game.

If Kris were 18 or 19 years old there would be a case for him coming back. Not at 22, soon to be 23. And some of you think he should come back and start his NBA clock at 24? He is a projected 1st round pick, he would be foolish to come back.

Kris is still projected as a #19 seed

Has been for a while, every time #19

Trace Jackson-Davis as a #31 seed

Zach Edy is projected as a #41 Seed

The "Experts" seem to like Kris

Hope he stays, what are the odds
I think Edey's gonna have a tough haul of it in the NBA. The NBA game has changed so much with 3PT shooting and the floor being so spaced out, like Garza has found out the hard way.

My heart wants him to come back, but my head tells me he should go. A lot of these guys before they declare get a lot of feedback from experts, as well as work towards refining skill set before they go. I wish Kris the best of luck regardless of his decision.

I think he has the tools to play the next level. Just seems a little less refined than Keegan was at this point. I believe Keegan actually said Kris was the better shooter and usually won when they played one on one.
24 years old is middle aged in the NBA. He needs to bolt.

24 years old is middle aged in the NBA. He needs to bolt.
LOL. Agreed. It's the Hawkeye fan speaking from the heart. But I cannot see him staying for any reason beyond thinking he can increase his position. He possess the frame and all the tools. He will get paid somewhere. Been a joy to watch both Keegan and Kris.

Great story of two legacy players and seeing their story play out. Props to Kenyon as well. Seems like a very good mentor/father. Stayed in the background and supported them on their journey.

I also want to give some love to Rebraca. Very improved player from even last year. He balled out this year. Being 6'9 in the Big Ten and taking on a lot of big men, I thought he did a heckuva job. Well deserved recognition. Improved in all facets of his game.
I would vote for Fran finding one like him in the transfer portal. I have seen a lot of good basketball players in the non power 5 schools.

I would vote for Fran finding one like him in the transfer portal. I have seen a lot of good basketball players in the non power 5 schools.
Absolutely. I don't really see us having any bigs on our current roster that will be ready. Mulvaney seems more like a project, but it would be nice getting someone out of the portal.

Latest posts