Kris gone...declaring for NBA

Lol.....I think 1 year early. He is not his brother.....if he was taken....it would have to be on potential imho.
He's on every mock draft top 20 board, seems like it might be good to go now right? I mean, I don't know who in their right mind would opt to play another year of college basketball in his situation but yeah sure, year early and lol

He's on every mock draft top 20 board, seems like it might be good to go now right? I mean, I don't know who in their right mind would opt to play another year of college basketball in his situation but yeah sure, year early and lol
Money wise I don't blame him. Age wise I don't blame. But, I just don't see him quite yet ready for that level. I do wish him the best of luck. He probably do ok.

If I was an owner, I would pass on him though..for sure first round.

Money wise I don't blame him. Age wise I don't blame. But, I just don't see him quite yet ready for that level. I do wish him the best of luck. He probably do ok.

You're not though ...if he drops out of Rd1 I'll eat my shoe. I think the chances he climbs vs falls is much more likely cause he's gonna test out pretty high and his brother is doing very well. They are twins, did you know that? Does he have things to work on? Of course, but you could say that about every player in the draft. He has no reason to come back to Iowa.... I guess unless he gets a bad draft grade but that seems highly unlikely

You're not though ...if he drops out of Rd1 I'll eat my shoe. I think the chances he climbs vs falls is much more likely cause he's gonna test out pretty high and his brother is doing very well. They are twins, did you know that? Does he have things to work on? Of course, but you could say that about every player in the draft. He has no reason to come back to Iowa.... I guess unless he gets a bad draft grade but that seems highly unlikely
I'm not, just my observation...teams are going to do what they want with whoever. Just my eye test. Wish him best of luck. Again, he will probably do ok, but I just don't see him at his brother's level...but he doesn't have to be.

Even making league minimum beats fighting and clawing to get into the Big Dance to be knocked out early.

Last edited:
I'm not, just my observation...teams are going to do what they want with whoever. Just my eye test. Wish him best of luck. Again, he will probably do ok, but I just don't see him at his brother's level...but he doesn't have to be.

Even making league minimum beats fighting and clawing to get into the Big Dance to be knocked out early.
Yeah, now imagine that while also being a millionaire, then you have your answer as to whether this is a good decision by him.

Yeah, now imagine that while also being a millionaire, then you have your answer as to whether this is a good decision by him.
Someone will probably spend the big bucks on them. For KM, it will be a great decision. Just hope the owner gets his money's worth....but that is on them either way.

Last edited:
I think he made First Team All Big Ten and was 3rd Team All American? Sure, I think one more year would benefit him, but there's a lot of question marks next year for the basketball team. Kris may not be Keegan, but he is a specimen and has the frame.

I assume he is dialing in his game and working an his game prepping for the draft. That being said, he may not make the splash his brother did, but I'm sure he will at least be getting paid and I think a later 1st rounder.

I thought 56 was trolling at first, but he seems to actually believe that a 23 year old kid who just came off an all-conference season and is projected by EVERYONE to go in the first round should come back to college for another year. That's a steaming hot take of something. Wowza.

As for how he will do at the next level? No one, and I do mean no one, can ever predict how a college player will actually play in the pros. It is educated guesswork. He could fall or he could flourish, but another year of college ball aint gonna change that at all.

But as to Kris' decision to jump now, its the least hard decision since those TV kids picked Charles Barkley to be on their playground team....

Nothing against his game but he's not and never will be Keegan. Keegan's game was much smoother. That said, I don't think he's necessarily making the wrong decision going this year as I don't see him game improving that much with another year. He's going to be making first round money and while he may not be a lottery pick that may be better for him in the long run, because he may end up in a healthy environment. I think Keegan was incredibly fortunate that the Kings got him and turned the corner, because a lot of those top 5 players end up getting shit on for years in bad organizations.

I thought 56 was trolling at first, but he seems to actually believe that a 23 year old kid who just came off an all-conference season and is projected by EVERYONE to go in the first round should come back to college for another year. That's a steaming hot take of something. Wowza.

As for how he will do at the next level? No one, and I do mean no one, can ever predict how a college player will actually play in the pros. It is educated guesswork. He could fall or he could flourish, but another year of college ball aint gonna change that at all.

But as to Kris' decision to jump now, its the least hard decision since those TV kids picked Charles Barkley to be on their playground team....
It is not so much that he should stay......I guess if I was an owner and I looked at his game play this last year, I would pass in terms of a 1st round pick. But, he has to do what is best for him and if he goes in the first round....good for him...hard to turn down that type of money and with his age.

Personally, I don't think he is ready, but that does not matter as much anymore...and like you said his projections are high so that is where he is going.

It is not so much that he should stay......I guess if I was an owner and I looked at his game play this last year, I would pass in terms of a 1st round pick. But, he has to do what is best for him and if he goes in the first round....good for him...hard to turn down that type of money and with his age.

Personally, I don't think he is ready, but that does not matter as much anymore...and like you said his projections are high so that is where he is going.

Staying another year would certainly be helpful in polishing his game

But, why take a chance of suffering a career-ending injury, quite unlikely, but why roll the dice

There could also be more first-year players like Brice Sensabaugh from Ohio State who is rated a couple of places ahead of Kris and Jalen-Hood-Schifino from Indiana adding to the competition and, of course, there
are the Blue Blood incoming players

All things considered, perhaps he should go right now and take the Money, invest and be set up for the
rest of his life

I would love to have him return because he is really fun to watch and he would almost certainly improve
his game while providing knowledge to the incoming rookies

He is rated #18 going to the Houston Rockets

:cool:

Last edited:
Another year would help anyone become better but doing that in the NBA needs to happen sooner then later for Kris. He’s not Keegan right now, and maybe never will be but I think you guys forget some of the monster games he had this year. I definitely wouldn’t count him out of being on the same level as Keegan after a few years in the league.

Kris's bread and butter is his jump shot. If he sticks in the league, it will be because of that jump shot. Frankly, that needs to get cleaned up. He shot 34% from 3 this year, which isn't going to cut it moving forward. I believe he is going to be a 1st round pick...I am just not sure he makes it beyond his rookie deal.

Individual workouts are going to be super important for Kris. The flaws in his J that we saw this season have to be gone by time NBA teams start working him out. I lean into his Dad(Kenyon) to know how to "fix" that before workouts begin.

A lot of posters here thought Keegan should come back for another year... and he's only set the NBA rookie record for made 3-pt field goals while shooting a respectable 41.4% as well has helping the Kings to the playoffs for the first time since the 2005-2006 season. I'd say he's done OK.

Kris's bread and butter is his jump shot. If he sticks in the league, it will be because of that jump shot. Frankly, that needs to get cleaned up. He shot 34% from 3 this year, which isn't going to cut it moving forward. I believe he is going to be a 1st round pick...I am just not sure he makes it beyond his rookie deal.

Individual workouts are going to be super important for Kris. The flaws in his J that we saw this season have to be gone by time NBA teams start working him out. I lean into his Dad(Kenyon) to know how to "fix" that before workouts begin.
And let's not forget that Keegan shot 39.8% his last season at Iowa and is now shooting at 41.4% as an NBA rookie against better, quicker defenders with the line 3-4 feet farther out. It isn't unreasonable to believe that Kris could make the same percentage increase. And there are a number of players in the 34% range of the NBA that have been called "good 3-pt shooters", e.g. Fred ValVleet, Julius Randle, Luca Doncic... heck, LeBron is at 31% this season.

A lot of posters here thought Keegan should come back for another year... and he's only set the NBA rookie record for made 3-pt field goals while shooting a respectable 41.4% as well has helping the Kings to the playoffs for the first time since the 2005-2006 season. I'd say he's done OK.
He's not his brother though, but he does not have to be. Still, I would spend my money on someone else, but it is KM's gain either way.

Latest posts