Kris gone...declaring for NBA

Money wise I don't blame him. Age wise I don't blame. But, I just don't see him quite yet ready for that level. I do wish him the best of luck. He probably do ok.

If I was an owner, I would pass on him though..for sure first round.
Do I think he'll start most of his rookie season like Keegan did and play well? No I don't think he's ready for the NBA to that degree. Is he ready to come off the bench and have a role and maybe play himself into being a starter later in the yr or the following one? Yes absolutely. Is that worthy of a 1st round pick say 15-25 range? That's for them to decide. Like QBs going to the NFL it all depends on what team and coaching staff they go to. Keegan hit a home run in that department. Tough to say if Kris will or not.

His age and the guaranteed $ on the line make it a no brainer for him to go. Even if he ends up bouncing around back and forth to the G league like Garza and JW have it's worth it. His game will improve while learning the NBA game instead of being in college all while having millions in his pocket.

I don't see how another year of college ball will help his draft status in the least. To the contrary, there is much more chance that it hurts his draft status if he gets hurts or does not have a good year. If he were to come back for another year and up his shooting percentage that would be great, but I don't believe most teams are viewing Kris in the same way as Keagan, which is basically a Kyle Korver assassin from the outside. Kris' shot has never been as fluid, it has a lower launch point, and it is just not as good. But, IMHO, Kris has better post skills, is a plus defender, and has demonstrated the ability to score off the bounce. I don't think he will ever be a star, but I see him as a solid role player for a team and having a good NBA career. His versatility, length and defense alone make him a valuable bench guy.

Either way, his draft stock has peaked. God speed young man.

I don't see how another year of college ball will help his draft status in the least. To the contrary, there is much more chance that it hurts his draft status if he gets hurts or does not have a good year. If he were to come back for another year and up his shooting percentage that would be great, but I don't believe most teams are viewing Kris in the same way as Keagan, which is basically a Kyle Korver assassin from the outside. Kris' shot has never been as fluid, it has a lower launch point, and it is just not as good. But, IMHO, Kris has better post skills, is a plus defender, and has demonstrated the ability to score off the bounce. I don't think he will ever be a star, but I see him as a solid role player for a team and having a good NBA career. His versatility, length and defense alone make him a valuable bench guy.

Either way, his draft stock has peaked. God speed young man.
Yeah I don't think averaging 4 more pts a game and a couple more rebounds would vault him up to be a top 10 pick. Is the risk of not going pro now worth that? Not to me. Not when he might be a top 15ish pick anyway. He and Keegan both could use a little more bulk. I agree Kris plays inside pretty well at the college level but at the pro level he'll get pushed around and they just don't do much of that anyway. He'd be better served to pattern his game after Keegans. Be a 3 pt sniper as best he can and slash to the basket off the ball.

He's on every mock draft top 20 board, seems like it might be good to go now right? I mean, I don't know who in their right mind would opt to play another year of college basketball in his situation but yeah sure, year early and lol
he should've played this year cost him $'s

Another year would help anyone become better but doing that in the NBA needs to happen sooner then later for Kris. He’s not Keegan right now, and maybe never will be but I think you guys forget some of the monster games he had this year. I definitely wouldn’t count him out of being on the same level as Keegan after a few years in the league.
Keegan struggles alot, but his coach has been a staunch supporter even during his slumps. Hopefully Kris is lucky enough to have that type of coach. Kris won't get the payday that Keegan got and the investment the Kings made in him.

Keegan struggles alot, but his coach has been a staunch supporter even during his slumps. Hopefully Kris is lucky enough to have that type of coach. Kris won't get the payday that Keegan got and the investment the Kings made in him.
Brown is a hell of a coach. The more I've read and about him this yr I just think he really knows what he's doing. How he's handling stars, vets, role players and a high draft pick rookie like Keegan and has this group doing as well as they have is really something. If he's not COY just do away with the award. Not to mention their GM for putting this group together. Trading Halliburton for Sabonis and signing Heurter were just huge moves. The Kings won't have a crazy high draft pick this next yr depending on how their playoff run goes. Might be a snowballs chance of Kris falling in their laps at the latter half of the 1st round. Wouldn't that be something

Two more years in an Iowa Uniform would improve his game and have benefited us……… um, um, I mean him. ;)

G league will improve his chances to make the NBA vs staying, weisy and luka working thru it as well as they can. Cook also.

G league will improve his chances to make the NBA vs staying, weisy and luka working thru it as well as they can. Cook also.
The kid is a projected first rounder. Mid first round. If so, he gets a guaranteed deal. That isn't to say he may not get some time in the G-League, but that is not what I would expect. Either way, he will stick in the sense that he at least has a guaranteed deal his first few seasons. Luka and Weisy had to claw their way through the G league and two way deals. Much harder deal if you are not a first rounder.

Latest posts