Kriener's Flop

Hey, that's just MSU being physical, nothing to see here. They're allowed, you know, because that how Izzo wants them to play. And because they've been so successful over the years, it's obvious that it's permissible for them to play in that manner.

I know he's a Hawk, but this is hilarious and very accurate.

I laughed my ass off as it happened live.

Good stuff. I hate when officials fall for flopping (they do way too much), but find it hilarious when someone flops and it gets completely ignored. On one of Cook's baskets (I think early 2nd half), the MSU defender flopped to the ground, was ignored, and Cook had a free run to the basket.

I am not sure what can be done to curb flopping (egregious flops as technicals?), but it is the worst part of the game.

He did it later in the game too. I think he'll look back on that as an embarrassing moment in his career. But on the other hand he's fighting for playing time and trying to win a game. Soccer players (Men) not women do it all the time.

He did it later in the game too. I think he'll look back on that as an embarrassing moment in his career. But on the other hand he's fighting for playing time and trying to win a game. Soccer players (Men) not women do it all the time.
What’s “soccer?”

Hey, that's just MSU being physical, nothing to see here. They're allowed, you know, because that how Izzo wants them to play. And because they've been so successful over the years, it's obvious that it's permissible for them to play in that manner.
Not so funny was the way they were beating on Garza, poor guy was getting hammered by their Big's all night but got no calls in the second half. He is a tough kid, glad he's a Hawkeye. Just think how good MSU lazy Bigs would be if they had Garza's motor.

Good stuff. I hate when officials fall for flopping (they do way too much), but find it hilarious when someone flops and it gets completely ignored. On one of Cook's baskets (I think early 2nd half), the MSU defender flopped to the ground, was ignored, and Cook had a free run to the basket.

I am not sure what can be done to curb flopping (egregious flops as technicals?), but it is the worst part of the game.

Something needs to be done. If the refs see the flop, then call the technical after an official review.

If it is missed, and later reviewed by the B1G, like in the NBA, then have some type of penalty the next game. Can't exactly take fine them by taking away some of their scholarship money... Either a suspension of some sort. Or even a technical. I'm all for getting this crap out of the game. .

As for RK,, what else could he do? The refs weren't calling squat on MSU. It was an unreal situation. We should have been up by a significant amount at halftime... MSU won't get away with that come tournament time. At least not to that extent..

Something needs to be done. If the refs see the flop, then call the technical after an official review.

If it is missed, and later reviewed by the B1G, like in the NBA, then have some type of penalty the next game. Can't exactly take fine them by taking away some of their scholarship money... Either a suspension of some sort. Or even a technical. I'm all for getting this crap out of the game. .

As for RK,, what else could he do? The refs weren't calling squat on MSU. It was an unreal situation. We should have been up by a significant amount at halftime... MSU won't get away with that come tournament time. At least not to that extent..

Maybe just have a "flop review crew" that does nothing but search for video evidence of flops Never have any stoppages in play (except in the last minute), just wait until the next deadball, and then say, "Hey, Team A, you get 2 FTs here because someone from Team B flopped a couple minutes ago." Obviously a ridiculous solution that would never be implemented, but it might be crazy enough to work.

How many times have you seen a T called for a flop?? You don’t want to be that ref unless it was backed by the league and assignees and you started seeing it called regularly.

As of right now the easier way is to give the flipper the personal foul. Just like in Kriener’s situation, he may get a call, but instead it was a double foul.

If you have a guy flop on a block/charge situation, it’ll be a block or no call.

Maybe just have a "flop review crew" that does nothing but search for video evidence of flops Never have any stoppages in play (except in the last minute), just wait until the next deadball, and then say, "Hey, Team A, you get 2 FTs here because someone from Team B flopped a couple minutes ago." Obviously a ridiculous solution that would never be implemented, but it might be crazy enough to work.

I think the NBA implemented a system to control/limit flopping but they can of course fine the players.

What would the penalty for college? Suspension is about the only option if it’s based on post game review.

9Kkm.gif

Latest posts