Kriener's Flop

Good stuff. I hate when officials fall for flopping (they do way too much), but find it hilarious when someone flops and it gets completely ignored. On one of Cook's baskets (I think early 2nd half), the MSU defender flopped to the ground, was ignored, and Cook had a free run to the basket.

I am not sure what can be done to curb flopping (egregious flops as technicals?), but it is the worst part of the game.

Flops should be categorized like flagrant fouls: #1 or #2.
A #2 would be a "minor" flop, while an acting job like Kriener's flop would be a #1, or flagrant flop.
After a review confirming the flop and its "severity", the penalties should be as follows:
#2= flopping team loses 1 time out
#1= flopping team loses 1 time out and other team gains 1 time out

Second and following offense(s):
2nd: the flopping team loses 1 TO, other team gains 1 TO, and flopping player rec's a personal foul
3rd: the flopping team loses 1 TO, other team gains 1 TO, flopping player rec's a personal foul and team rec's a technical foul

I would hope to hell not to see a 4th flop, which would result in Gary Barta being name AD at that school.

Something needs to be done. If the refs see the flop, then call the technical after an official review.

If it is missed, and later reviewed by the B1G, like in the NBA, then have some type of penalty the next game. Can't exactly take fine them by taking away some of their scholarship money... Either a suspension of some sort. Or even a technical. I'm all for getting this crap out of the game. .

As for RK,, what else could he do? The refs weren't calling squat on MSU. It was an unreal situation. We should have been up by a significant amount at halftime... MSU won't get away with that come tournament time. At least not to that extent..

5-24 from 3 and 27-70 from the field got us the L not the officials. RK was getting picked on by MSU the second he checked in they threw it in every time. He’s not strong enough for the B1G this is a result of that

I know he's a Hawk, but this is hilarious and very accurate.

I laughed my ass off as it happened live.

Look, pal, the way he was getting elbowed, jostled and mugged by Izzo’s thug... , er bigs, Ryan can’t be faulted for acting out a bit in frustration. I used to do it all the time waiting in crowds for packed commuter trains in NYC.

Look, pal, the way he was getting elbowed, jostled and mugged by Izzo’s thug... , er bigs, Ryan can’t be faulted for acting out a bit in frustration. I used to do it all the time waiting in crowds for packed commuter trains in NYC.
Anyone dumb enough to go New York deserves their transit system.

If you look really close, it was a spasm, poor kid's had them his whole life, nothing they can do either

Not sure what you could about flopping at the collegiate level other than ignore it. I don’t want more stuff on ref’s plate. It is hard enough to officiate as is.

Flops should be categorized like flagrant fouls: #1 or #2.
A #2 would be a "minor" flop, while an acting job like Kriener's flop would be a #1, or flagrant flop.
After a review confirming the flop and its "severity", the penalties should be as follows:
#2= flopping team loses 1 time out
#1= flopping team loses 1 time out and other team gains 1 time out

Second and following offense(s):
2nd: the flopping team loses 1 TO, other team gains 1 TO, and flopping player rec's a personal foul
3rd: the flopping team loses 1 TO, other team gains 1 TO, flopping player rec's a personal foul and team rec's a technical foul

I would hope to hell not to see a 4th flop, which would result in Gary Barta being name AD at that school.

Now way Kreiner's flop would be a "flagrant", he remained standing. I think flagrant would be reserved for guys that go to the floor as that really alters the rhythm of the game.

Your proposed penalties are pretty harsh...worse than a technical foul. I think starting a fight should be a little tougher penalty than a tacky attempt to draw a foul. Then again, we are in the era of hurt feelings...so. ;)

Now way Kreiner's flop would be a "flagrant", he remained standing. I think flagrant would be reserved for guys that go to the floor as that really alters the rhythm of the game.

Your proposed penalties are pretty harsh...worse than a technical foul. I think starting a fight should be a little tougher penalty than a tacky attempt to draw a foul. Then again, we are in the era of hurt feelings...so. ;)
The punishment he’s getting on Twitter via DMs is probably worse than a double T.

K was beibg ridiculous. Should get a T.

Seriously you all can bitch about MSU, but look how skinny CM is in his 2nd year.

Put the blame where it belongs. IZ teaches findsmentals and works on physical development.

As an adult go out and play fairly against 5th graders. By your size and stength you are going to accidentally knock a few 5th graders down and around. Some of their parents are going to accuse you of being a mean thug. This describes the issue.

Latest posts