Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide

BlckNGldHwk

Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide | TideSports.com

“The big thing is, Cyrus is the one that has to be happy with his decision,â€￾ McGregor said. “He's not making this decision to please me or to please his brother, his sister or his mom or his dad. It's going to be his decision.

The more I hear the more it sounds like his heart is at Iowa but his family is pushing him to the south. His dad continues to make statements regarding a 'family vote' which seems to suggest that Cyrus wants one thing but the family wants another. I hope he follows his heart and gut!

Unfortunately, it isn't Cyrus who will be cashing the check. I'm sure that he has no knowledge of why his dad wants him to go to Auburn.

Unfortunately, it isn't Cyrus who will be cashing the check. I'm sure that he has no knowledge of why his dad wants him to go to Auburn.

Nice, considering his dad doesnt want him to go to Auburn. But i see what you did there.

I gotta believe Iowa's low-pressure sales technique might be working here. While the power brokers fight it out for SEC supremacy- using Cyrus as another pawn- that very power struggle affirms what Cyrus likes about Iowa: it's more of a laid-back, family atmosphere. I have a hard time believing Kirk is on his knees begging, like Saban and Chizik are probably doing.

And I love how national media think the notion of him going anywhere but AUB or BAMA is absurd, as if playing in Iowa City is somehow beneath him. Fact is, only one other team has more players in the NFL Combine this year than the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's gonna be an NFL prospect regardless of where he ends up, be it Iowa City, the State of Alabama, or Albuquerque for that matter.

Cyrus has said himself that he didn't feel like Iowa is the place for him...said it today. It's ovah

I gotta believe Iowa's low-pressure sales technique might be working here. While the power brokers fight it out for SEC supremacy- using Cyrus as another pawn- that very power struggle affirms what Cyrus likes about Iowa: it's more of a laid-back, family atmosphere. I have a hard time believing Kirk is on his knees begging, like Saban and Chizik are probably doing.

And I love how national media think the notion of him going anywhere but AUB or BAMA is absurd, as if playing in Iowa City is somehow beneath him. Fact is, only one other team has more players in the NFL Combine this year than the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's gonna be an NFL prospect regardless of where he ends up, be it Iowa City, the State of Alabama, or Albuquerque for that matter.
He's not coming guys..sooner people realize that the better. This thread topic is a waste of time including mine.

It would be time better spent to click on some ads and generate some revenue for the site.

Thousands of kids go to "other" colleges and we never heard of them and never will. If his intentions are to pick a college to accept a scholarship based upon the lifestyle which isn't what Iowa has... than it is what it is.

I agree that it's over but this whole thing is bizarre. Iowa in one minute, so says his father and then the next minute New Mexico is back in. Also, in that article he says his brother has a lot of sway in his decision, yet throughout his recruitment he said that his brother being at Bama had little to do with what his decision will be. Then the whole family thing. I understand guiding your child through this decision, but it sounds as if they are telling him, Cyrus you can go where you want and be happy, but we REALLY want you to go to Alabama. I'm sure the kid feels a ton of pressure. Hopefully he makes the right decision for himself.

I believe Auburn is out otherwise he would have signed his LOI. According to Cy, Iowa is out which basically leaves alabama because I highly doubt he ends up at NM. So the only school remaining is bama in my opinion, but I dont understand his hold up. I still think Iowa is in the cards because of his teammates are here and he isn't being pressured in coming here. Iowa still has a slim chance.

His decision was based on one thing.....and one thing only....Which college is going to give him the most money under the table. Sad situation that the SEC is so willing to cheat for the big names and the NCAA has to know about it but is willing to let it slide. (Cam)

Right now Alabama is 12 over the scholarship limit. If he signs there, someone else is getting run off. If Cy is injured or doesn't pan out the same thing will happen to him. That's the reality of the SEC lifestyle he likes so much.

His decision was based on one thing.....and one thing only....Which college is going to give him the most money under the table. Sad situation that the SEC is so willing to cheat for the big names and the NCAA has to know about it but is willing to let it slide. (Cam)

con·jec·ture

–noun
1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

Could it be...and this is just wild speculation (official disclaimer), yet possible... that he is getting offered some $$ and feels it's wrong. And this is weighing heavily on him.
Then again, maybe he's just a shrewd negotiator.

Just a thought, not an accusation.

Last edited:
I am begining to feel that this is about all the attention and butt kissing he and his family are receiving. Reminds me of Xavier Henry and family last year when they flip flopped between KU and Memphis. Not bitter, but come on and pick someone. Pretty sure they can get a parade in Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Albuquerque, or even Iowa City if they ask.

If we get him, yea. Anyway, I'd rather talk about the OL who've signed letters of intent.

Last edited:
Kouandjio tells Chizik he is not ready to decide | TideSports.com

The more I hear the more it sounds like his heart is at Iowa but his family is pushing him to the south. His dad continues to make statements regarding a 'family vote' which seems to suggest that Cyrus wants one thing but the family wants another. I hope he follows his heart and gut!
I just wanted to echo what has already been written on this thread. What's obvious is that this is a family decision because the family is waiting to see who will pay the most. All this with the blessing of the NCAA, where the athlete will not be held responsible for the actions of his "agent" (parent, etc.). So, it's all out in the open because everyone knows it's happening, but no one will talk about it since the athlete isn't supposed to know about it.

con·jec·ture

–noun
1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

You are right Chickenlounge. This is totally my opinion and I have no real facts to base my statement on. I was wrong. I thought this was a forum website that people were allowed to express their opinions, not espn where everything needs to come from "inside sources". I'll keep that in mind for future posts...

Latest posts