Knight and Rafferty

It was clear that they were both old, didn't know anything about either team, and didn't really care to learn anything about either team. Still love Raftery

I was looking forward to hearing Knight (haven't heard him announce this year) but he wasn't good at all. All the "good old days" talk about West Point and Parcells got in the way of the game. Rafftery was acting like he was talking to a guy he hadn't seen in years and it took away from his usual good commentary. Both fellows didn't seem interested in the game at all and Knight didn't know anything about either team.

The commentary by Knight really let me down. He's probably best just stepping away from being on TV for anything more than 5 min.

Can't blame them, its the NIT. Only reason you guys didn't like them is because they did not drool over Iowa. Instead, they talked about NBA prospects Jackson and Brittney Griner Jr..... which is not what Iowa fans want to listen to.

Its simple; get the lead, the announcers will talk about you. Lose by 20, they will talk about how good the other team is.

Two old guys telling stories. It was like the game was a distraction for them.

A lot of that chatter was in the second half while Iowa was getting blown out and the game was essentially over. What else were they supposed to talk about?

Enjoyed it, except for the press story seven times. Could listen to them do games like that all the time. Both made real points about the game without yelling about it and actually they were spot on with what they said...they can talk about whatever they want when a game becomes that disinteresting.

Enjoyed it, except for the press story seven times. Could listen to them do games like that all the time. Both made real points about the game without yelling about it and actually they were spot on with what they said...they can talk about whatever they want when a game becomes that disinteresting.

For realz? Those two were awful. They didn't even know there was a game going on. The droned on and on about West Point and what a great game it was when they faced each other back in 19 ought two.

It was clear that neither one had any interest in this game. Give me Dakich any day. Or anybody else. That was an embarrassment. It was like listening to two old geezers play cribbage and BS at the VFW.

I agree very embarrasing that they wheeled up Bobby Knight to do this game. Knight didnt once mention an Iowa players name. When Woodbury did that pump fake and then missed the left handed layup, he said that guy has a nice left hand. Give me Dakich anyday over this guy. At least he puts an effort into prepping for the game, watching a little tape, knowing a tendency or 2 of a player.

I enjoyed Knight when hes announced games with Musberger before but clearly he needs to hang it up.

1_statler_waldorf.jpg

Knight may know basketball as much as anyone, but I think the guy is absolutely dreadful to listen to on TV. I've always kinda liked Raftery, though.

Latest posts