KIRK

Even those who support him without reservation have dot admit his offensive philosophy doesn't work in this day and age. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

I support him.
I support him for his kinship with the Parker family.
I support not being Indiana/Purdue/Illinois/Nebraska/Northwestern and about 90-100 other teams that are completely irrelevant 24 out of 25 years
I support complimentary football (Michigan relied on it last night, they won EXACTLY how we won all year).
I don't support an offense of 100% Ferentz DNA offenses.
I don't support the blindspot for family, but I support his tact and public grace (so far) in handling the dismissal of his son.
I support giving an OC a little more latitude

Kirk Ferentz has comprehensively brought me great joy for 25 years. The style of play has changed, but the game has not. It is still football and Kirkball can still work. Everything around the game has changed. The money. The portal. The NIL I do not know this, but I think he is more than capable of navigating that.

If he retires on good terms, I'm good. I've loved this quarter century. If he wants to go for a couple more years, I'm good.

Fix the offense...Pay Phil more money...he deserves it....and although more blue bloods in conference moving forward...Iowa can be right there depending on the given yearly schedule. One thing is for sure....Iowa will need to be good in all 3 phases to have any chance to sniff the title game again.

Fix the offense...Pay Phil more money...he deserves it....and although more blue bloods in conference moving forward...Iowa can be right there depending on the given yearly schedule. One thing is for sure....Iowa will need to be good in all 3 phases to have any chance to sniff the title game again.

I agree on the 3 phases.
Yes, having strong teams coming in makes things harder. Like having to go the full 12 rounds.
Course, thee same is true for them.
While we are 1 and 3 against them in my lifetime, Kirk is .500 against them as head coach with a 49-24 manhandling of USC being the most recent.

I think "bluebloods" is a stretch. Yeah, sometimes they're real blue. More often than that, they're kind red. I'll argue they balance out to purple. While Iowa is just purple. Usually vanilla. But sometimes quite purple. So consistently purple, there is a slightly blue hue in the background.

I support him.
I support him for his kinship with the Parker family.
I support not being Indiana/Purdue/Illinois/Nebraska/Northwestern and about 90-100 other teams that are completely irrelevant 24 out of 25 years
I support complimentary football (Michigan relied on it last night, they won EXACTLY how we won all year).
I don't support an offense of 100% Ferentz DNA offenses.
I don't support the blindspot for family, but I support his tact and public grace (so far) in handling the dismissal of his son.
I support giving an OC a little more latitude

Kirk Ferentz has comprehensively brought me great joy for 25 years. The style of play has changed, but the game has not. It is still football and Kirkball can still work. Everything around the game has changed. The money. The portal. The NIL I do not know this, but I think he is more than capable of navigating that.

If he retires on good terms, I'm good. I've loved this quarter century. If he wants to go for a couple more years, I'm good.
I support this post.

I am starting to really think you are good in your analysis. No sarcasm. Also, no invitation for long hot showers together.

I can't look at players and evaluate them....unless they're Caitlin Clark/Tory Taylor types...in which case, their numbers make it pretty easy. I can't even sit there and say "they should run play X Y or Z" (other than stop running it up the middle every time and/or throwing for 7 when you need 8).

I didn't play football. I can't even tell you all the differences between a corner and a safety. Or what an I formation exactly is. Some things I'm pretty versed on...usually rules. Cause I had to look them up and learn them cause I was ticked about a call.

To have any kind of opinion, I generally have to take a huge step back and find something at the 10,000 foot level to back it up with. Or try to dig into some data. I really wish I would have studied more statistics...but my only real stats class I took at Iowa I got my lowest grade ever.

But since my internetting days started on the dark underbelly of the early days of Usenet and later managed messageboards for a sports radio station....I pretty much treat messageboards as my outlet for verbal diarrhea. I'm wrong more than right. Which don't bother me, because we're all just like monkeys at the zoo throwing our digital poo around the cage.

Last edited:
If he wins the bowl game, he is above 60%.
He's also coming back next year and I don't see .600 holding up.

But that wasn't the point of my post. @HuckFinn said that other poster who brought up the .600 WP didn't get a vote as if he could still get in below 60%. He cant.

He's also coming back next year and I don't see .600 holding up.

But that wasn't the point of my post. @HuckFinn said that other poster who brought up the .600 WP didn't get a vote as if he could still get in below 60%. He cant.

You really think that the guy who has won 70% of his games over the last decade, and who hasn't won as few as 7 games since 2014, is going to start cranking out sub-8 win seasons on the regular (which is what it would take to drop back below 60%)?

I am not saying 5 losses is impossible with this schedule, but I wouldn't bet on it:

1701702528081.png

I'm sure during broadcast you heard Gus Johnson say that USC should back up a truck for Parker to steal him. That blew me away... That's pretty BS. Have announcers done that sort of thing before? Why not instead say Iowa should backup a truck to get Lincoln Riley to leave USC to be Iowas OC? Hell there's the same amount of odds of it happening.

It's shit like that with announcers that like to shit on Iowa it pisses me off

Latest posts