Kirk signs contract extension, 7 Million a year through 2029

This is all time I mean Kirks been around for along time but were just talking the last 21 years until you can provide me that info then keep trying.
You should really look into giving punctuation a try.

I can't tell if you're using stream of consciousness writing style or your period and comma keys are missing. Everyone spits out a run-on sentence once in a while, but jeepers creepers your posts are exhausting.

You should really look into giving punctuation a try.

I can't tell if you're using stream of consciousness writing style or your period and comma keys are missing. Everyone spits out a run-on sentence once in a while, but jeepers creepers your posts are exhausting.
If reading that was exhausting I would hate to know how long you last.

I wonder how much with Brian being on staff and the offense being pretty stagnant. Wonder if Ferentz is agreeing to it to more protect Brian since the real question mark is with his unit.

What is someone talks about Rob. Same thing?
Since the reason you’d be bringing up Rob is because of his response to the committee being dissolved, yes.

And regardless of whether you’re on his side or not, @RobHowe automatically gets a 99% benefit of the doubt over you or anyone else because he’s not saying anything anonymously. He’s the only active poster on here other than @InGoodCo who’s revealed his identity.

It’s easy for me, you, or anyone else to talk shit and throw opinions around with abandon because we’re anonymous and we have pretty much zero reputational consequences. Rob has to live with what he posts whereas we can just delete our accounts and walk away if we want. There’s a different standard there.

So yes, Rob is going to get more defense by me from trolls whether I agree with him or not. If you think you should have the same treatment, post your name, your picture, the town you live in, and where you work.

Compared to Bowden and Paterno, Kirk is young and will be younger than them in 8 years. I can see him doing most or all of the contract. Bear Bryant was probably about 70+ when he retired but his health was not that great as he died soon after.
I am not sure that Paterno, Bowden and Bryant set the best examples for when to retire. I don't need to remind anybody what Paterno and PSU sacrificed. Bryant coaching till he was almost on his deathbed is not exactly the best example either.

I guess Bowden's biggest crime to my knowledge was coaching some pretty mediocre teams his last couple of years and I have a hunch that will be KF's fate. He will turn in a couple of 5-7 seasons in a row he will know its time to walk away. Going out more on a whimper than a bang.

I am not sure that Paterno, Bowden and Bryant set the best examples for when to retire. I don't need to remind anybody what Paterno and PSU sacrificed. Bryant coaching till he was almost on his deathbed is not exactly the best example either.

I guess Bowden's biggest crime to my knowledge was coaching some pretty mediocre teams his last couple of years and I have a hunch that will be KF's fate. He will turn in a couple of 5-7 seasons in a row he will know its time to walk away. Going out more on a whimper than a bang.

I think you could be very correct about Kirk's end of contract years. When or if he gets to the last few years of this contract a lot of recruiters will use his retirement and age against him and perhaps a lot of recruits will not take the offer not knowing if Kirk will be around for their last couple of years. Those types of things could lead to some weaker teams.

Well I mentioned many times that it’s been since 2015 that Iowa won the division and look what happened this year. I’ve also mentioned that it’s been since 2004 since Kirk won a conference title (17 effing years). Now if next year he wins the conference he can stay until his bones rot. I won’t care.

Now Brian ………….. well ………….. .

Maybe Brian starts to get it right starting next season, but losing our all American center isn’t going to help in regards to the offense line.

Bryant coaching till he was almost on his deathbed is not exactly the best example either.
That guy looked like a 95 year old 70 year old when he died. He didn't do his body any favors whatsoever being an alcoholic and heavy smoker. Kirk looks pretty spry for his age and I think guys take a lot better care of themselves now.

Poorly timed IMO, this season was fun but ended badly and it didn't feel like an extension was warranted. They lost the last 2 games of the year, KF is only a year and a half removed from serious accusations surrounding the football program, and he hires his son to run the offense that finished among the worst in college football. I'm not anti-KF, far from it, but the timing of all of this seems odd and then he threw Iowa right back into the negative lime-light with the whole disband or reformation of the advisory committee.

Yes good things happened this season. They won 10 games, won the West division crown, and an exciting moment beating PSU. His previous contract ran through 2025, the only downside to not extending him is incoming freshman expect to be part of the football program beyond his contract. It can help with recruiting but any positive that may have been gained may have been lost with the negative cloud that just got recreated.

Well I mentioned many times that it’s been since 2015 that Iowa won the division and look what happened this year. I’ve also mentioned that it’s been since 2004 since Kirk won a conference title (17 effing years). Now if next year he wins the conference he can stay until his bones rot. I won’t care.

Now Brian ………….. well ………….. .

Maybe Brian starts to get it right starting next season, but losing our all American center isn’t going to help in regards to the offense line.

To add to your post we have to notice that our best, recent years with the two West Div titles, 2015 and this year, the hawks lost their last two games. And one of those last two in each year was a blowout. This is telling when the hawks go out of their division and go up against the best in the East Div and then in a bowl that they need more playmakers on offense, they need better qb play throughout the whole game, and they need the offensive line and running game to take charge and hold onto games.

Realistically, once the Iowa defense got past that somewhat tepid opening drive against Kentucky, which happened a lot during the season, they more than held up to put the hawks in the position to win the game.

Since the reason you’d be bringing up Rob is because of his response to the committee being dissolved, yes.

And regardless of whether you’re on his side or not, @RobHowe automatically gets a 99% benefit of the doubt over you or anyone else because he’s not saying anything anonymously. He’s the only active poster on here other than @InGoodCo who’s revealed his identity.

It’s easy for me, you, or anyone else to talk shit and throw opinions around with abandon because we’re anonymous and we have pretty much zero reputational consequences. Rob has to live with what he posts whereas we can just delete our accounts and walk away if we want. There’s a different standard there.

So yes, Rob is going to get more defense by me from trolls whether I agree with him or not. If you think you should have the same treatment, post your name, your picture, the town you live in, and where you work.

But am I who I say I am?

You guys have watched Scooby-Doo.

I haven't shared an opinion about Rob or you.

I haven't shared an opinion about Rob or you.
You said “What if someone talks about Rob?” in response to my deleting posts about the DEI committee being disbanded.

If those posts are trolling Rob about the reporting being done on that subject, then the answer is yes. That doesn’t go here. If your question meant something else, then explain.

So let me get this straight. This is a thread complaining about a raise that we gave our HOF coach that has a record of 63-25 (71% winning percentage at a P5 school) since 2015 with 2 division titles, 5 top 25 AP final appearances, 26 players drafted to the NFL (6 in the first round)?

Is that right? Aight continue but never change Iowa fans. Never change!