Kirk signs contract extension, 7 Million a year through 2029

Gotta keep up the compensation to competitive levels.

However I’m starting to think hes turning into Bowden or JoePa, legacy coaches who didn’t coach anymore.

The program has an omertà going on in that we don’t get any information about the inter working.

Iowa has the 8th most wins in the last 6 years. And im sure if you go back to the last 21 years as the first 2 years were a complete rebuild but since then i will guarantee we are in the top 20 for wins.. WTF are you talking about.

And your guarantee is bad. We are in the top 30. With 2 division titles and 2 B1G titles. 10 top 25 finishes.

Again, stability is more important than wins.

Stability is more important than wins. See...............well, Iowa.
I completely disagree with this take. I don't think it's a trade off, I think stability has LED to wins for Iowa relative to its peer group.

I think it's obvious that the offense needs to be overhauled in one shape or another. But the only reason Iowa is recruiting at a high level right now (relative to program history) is because of the stability in our coaching staff, from the man on top down.

Iowa is quietly collecting the most talented roster in the Big Ten West through roster stability. We have had a handful of backups leave for the portal each year (most didn't land anywhere notable), but Tracy is the first high-level player besides Oliver Martin and let's be honest both were looking at 2nd string reps at best.

Let's wait to evaluate the extension until the classes of 2021-2023 cycle through.

Jezzus.... I was 28 when he was hired and be 60 when this contracts up. Fricken depressed as hell now! Can't decide now if times gone quick or slow .....

JFC, I am in the same boat. I hadn't thought of it that way until your post...super depressing.:(

I would be ok with 7 million a year if Kirk could average over 30 points a game while keeping the opponent under 20 on average.

Frequently our offense (QB) struggles to produce a passing TD now and days. Red Zone is a trip into the twilight zone. Ferentz has a great agent and a dummy for

Pancakes? If why green avoid-street down tabulate for jar other won’t cross wooden…HawKS tough, no?
Huh? Go Hawks.... so-so response, enjoy your work. Kenyon's sons something else. Kenyon on staff? Never happen. Talented family. Real blue collar...Go Hawks

Look at how his pay is structured. 500k Base
1 mil Longevity Bonus
5.5 mil Performance Bonus

Yeah, he could make 7 mil, but he is only guaranteed 500k.

** Edit ** I think I might be off base on that breakdown. Never mind this post.
Nobody is explaining what level of performance delivers that level of bonus

I completely disagree with this take. I don't think it's a trade off, I think stability has LED to wins for Iowa relative to its peer group.

I think it's obvious that the offense needs to be overhauled in one shape or another. But the only reason Iowa is recruiting at a high level right now (relative to program history) is because of the stability in our coaching staff, from the man on top down.

Iowa is quietly collecting the most talented roster in the Big Ten West through roster stability. We have had a handful of backups leave for the portal each year (most didn't land anywhere notable), but Tracy is the first high-level player besides Oliver Martin and let's be honest both were looking at 2nd string reps at best.

Let's wait to evaluate the extension until the classes of 2021-2023 cycle through.
Some good points in there......but still worry about QB position and offensive philosophy (as you stated).

Actually this has got me thinking that the University thinks it is sitting pretty well with the case. The University President would have had input on the extension, I am sure, maybe even sign-off.
If I remember correctly she was actually know for not putting up with athletic department shenanigans at her previous post.

Just food for thought.
Perhaps...but this extension is for KF's contract only, remember. At this point the lawsuit is primarily about compensating the abused players financially -- KF is never going to get forced out -- and the UI has deep pockets to handle whatever a settlement or jury finalizes. I would not be surprised to see a settlement announced prior to depositions -- Brian is going to coming out of those stinking like an Iowa hog-lot and I don't think the UI or KF wants that to happen.

Well I should write down all your absolutisms for posterity and see how they turn out. I dont think so well for the most part but I havent really been tracking them. I cant bet you on this contract item as I might not be around that long.
I'm sure Fry would be happy to send your posterity a $5 Amazon gift card in 2029 if that's what it comes to.

Perhaps...but this extension is for KF's contract only, remember. At this point the lawsuit is primarily about compensating the abused players financially -- KF is never going to get forced out -- and the UI has deep pockets to handle whatever a settlement or jury finalizes. I would not be surprised to see a settlement announced prior to depositions -- Brian is going to coming out of those stinking like an Iowa hog-lot and I don't think the UI or KF wants that to happen.
If the case really goes south, Kirk can't be saved.

If Brian goes down, Kirk can't be saved.

And your guarantee is bad. We are in the top 30. With 2 division titles and 2 B1G titles. 10 top 25 finishes.

Again, stability is more important than wins.
First of all the records dont prove that iowa isnt top 20. Did you add up all the wins for every team since 2000 NO. Ok. second i will say that the stability is why iowa is winning at a high level so i would say it goes hand in hand one is not more important then then the other. But i will gladly take Stabilty over Losing though.

First of all the records dont prove that iowa isnt top 20. Did you add up all the wins for every team since 2000 NO. Ok. second i will say that the stability is why iowa is winning at a high level so i would say it goes hand in hand one is not more important then then the other. But i will gladly take Stabilty over Losing though.

Another stat

Deleted a bunch of posts, friendly reminder that if you want to start talking about Porter or the disbanding of the committee it goes on the other board

1) Out of millions of Iowa residents, how many folks-- after KF went 1-10 his first season as head coach -- thought he would end up with more BTen wins than Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler (which looks likely)? Answer: Zero.
2) It's entirely possible that Iowa will have a grand total of two head coaches during the entirety of my adult life.
3) I hope KF enjoys an extra glass of wine tonight, or that he did the night he signed that contract. Because the depositions which he'll be undergoing soon related to the lawsuit against him and the UI are not going to be fun, especially when the contents will be leaked to the media. Best to get those '23 recruits committed ASAP.
Regarding win totals. How many years did Woody and Bo coach and how many games in a season. No comparison as to skill of Ferentz to these two or for that matter Evy and Hayden!

Regarding win totals. How many years did Woody and Bo coach and how many games in a season. No comparison as to skill of Ferentz to these two or for that matter Evy and Hayden!
This.

Winning percentage is how you have to make that comparison.

Anyone who wins 6 games a year will surpass Bo Schembechler if they coach long enough.