Kirk signs contract extension, 7 Million a year through 2029

1) Out of millions of Iowa residents, how many folks-- after KF went 1-10 his first season as head coach -- thought he would end up with more BTen wins than Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler (which looks likely)? Answer: Zero.
2) It's entirely possible that Iowa will have a grand total of two head coaches during the entirety of my adult life.
3) I hope KF enjoys an extra glass of wine tonight, or that he did the night he signed that contract. Because the depositions which he'll be undergoing soon related to the lawsuit against him and the UI are not going to be fun, especially when the contents will be leaked to the media. Best to get those '23 recruits committed ASAP.
Actually this has got me thinking that the University thinks it is sitting pretty well with the case. The University President would have had input on the extension, I am sure, maybe even sign-off.
If I remember correctly she was actually know for not putting up with athletic department shenanigans at her previous post.

Just food for thought.

Sigh of relief. This allows all that Brian controversy additional time to diffuse and blow over. Iowa fans won’t know what an offense looks like by the time KF retires and Brian will slide right into the HC role.
Yeah, people that don't know anybetter will think we're running the wishbone as that is how outdated it will appear!

Zero chance he fulfills that whole contract. No way.

That thing was structured so that he 100% decides when he quits.
Oh there you go again with the zero or 100% absolutism. Much easier to say very little chance of him finishing that contract but you must like to live on the absolute edge.

Compared to Bowden and Paterno, Kirk is young and will be younger than them in 8 years. I can see him doing most or all of the contract. Bear Bryant was probably about 70+ when he retired but his health was not that great as he died soon after. Kirk seems to be in very good health and it seems he loves the players and his teams.

How many wins is Kirk from becoming the all time Big 10 leader???

I will add I have not been a big fan of some or a lot of his in game coaching decisions and game management but he has only had a couple of really bad seasons out of 23.

Jezzus.... I was 28 when he was hired and be 60 when this contracts up. Fricken depressed as hell now! Can't decide now if times gone quick or slow .....

It would make most all hawk football fans happier if Kirk can somehow get his offense from a 4 cylinder beetle bug engine to a 404 4 barrel hemi powered engine. Hell I would take a nicely humming 6 cylinder of and offense

Quit with your drama.

Well I should write down all your absolutisms for posterity and see how they turn out. I dont think so well for the most part but I havent really been tracking them. I cant bet you on this contract item as I might not be around that long.

Zero chance he fulfills that whole contract. No way.

That thing was structured so that he 100% decides when he quits.
Whiff. High probability he will. He is in great physical condition and he loves the job.

Bigger question is what he does with meathead Brian, if anything.

I would be ok with 7 million a year if Kirk could average over 30 points a game while keeping the opponent under 20 on average.

Frequently our offense (QB) struggles to produce a passing TD now and days. Red Zone is a trip into the twilight zone. Ferentz has a great agent and a dummy for an AD.

1642215275695.png

thank god.. someone else would have grabbed him up for sure.
It avoided a day of Infamy huh? Extended a happy hour for me today...Who says Mudville has no happiness? Let's see.... Cap,Ad, and Oc, a triple-header...Hard not to have joy at this moment. Almost 3 a.m. here at a beach in Calif. It's chilly here. No more. Happy as a "lark" Who says I do not drink? Go Hawks. Players tough. Fans cool. A bargain to start new season. Speechless I am.....

Phil Parker better keep the defense humming along. How long will he keep coaching?

I have been saying for years maybe KF will come around to a more modern style of offense. With that said, hope KF comes around next fall and gets more with the times offensively!
A contract extension to continue receiving an annual ass beating to Wisconsin, Purdue, and intermittently falling short in the B1G title game. Sign me up!
If Phil leaves?? It reminds me of the ship Titanic.

Phil Parker better keep the defense humming along. How long will he keep coaching?

I have been saying for years maybe KF will come around to a more modern style of offense. With that said, hope KF comes around next fall and gets more with the times offensively!
Yeah, if Phil Parker were to leave, we'd get a damn good look at how good of a head coach KF is.

Stability is more important than wins. See...............well, Iowa.
Iowa has the 8th most wins in the last 6 years. And im sure if you go back to the last 21 years as the first 2 years were a complete rebuild but since then i will guarantee we are in the top 20 for wins.. WTF are you talking about.

It avoided a day of Infamy huh? Extended a happy hour for me today...Who says Mudville has no happiness? Let's see.... Cap,Ad, and Oc, a triple-header...Hard not to have joy at this moment. Almost 3 a.m. here at a beach in Calif. It's chilly here. No more. Happy as a "lark" Who says I do not drink? Go Hawks. Players tough. Fans cool. A bargain to start new season. Speechless I am.....
Pancakes? If why green avoid-street down tabulate for jar other won’t cross wooden…HawKS tough, no?

Latest posts