Kirk is now the Moon Family Head Football Coach

source.gif

Question for those who are unhappy about this: would you rather they had kept the money, or given it to some other school? Would you want the university to refuse the gift?

Question for those who are unhappy about this: would you rather they had kept the money, or given it to some other school? Would you want the university to refuse the gift?
Honest question for you...

Are you suggesting that they would have withdrawn their gift if Iowa hadn't offered to give the family a super pretentious title of nobility over a real life person, instead of naming a facility or department after them?

If I were a millionaire making a donation like that and Farta suggested using my name as the title of a person like some stupid English monarch, I'd have said, "Nope, I'm good. Put my name on the indoor practice field inside the performance center and we'll call it even."

I mean how fucking pretentious do you have to be to slap your name on a job description?

Here's what I wanna hear this fall...

I wanna hear Dolph introduce Kurt as the "Moon Family Head Coach," and then a drunken Eddie Po to say, "Moon family head coach? Dolph, look at this...check this out... I got your full 'moon' right here, pal..."

Honest question for you...

Are you suggesting that they would have withdrawn their gift if Iowa hadn't offered to give the family a super pretentious title of nobility over a real life person, instead of naming a facility or department after them?

If I were a millionaire making a donation like that and Farta suggested using my name as the title of a person, like some stupid English monarch I'd have said, "Nope, I'm good. Put my name on the indoor practice field inside the performance center and we'll call it even."

I mean how fucking pretentious do you have to be to slap your name on a job description?

Agreed. But if I hit the powerball and had cash, any donation to Iowa would have so many strings attached that they probably wouldn't want the donation. Irregardless, I'd prolly rather donate it to scholarships for just random kids from Webster County, Iowa.

Every time I see that clip, which was one of the greatest things in the history of the NFL, I can't help but think of Joe Cuck's sanctimonious rant immediately thereafter and his apology that it was shown on TV.
Joe Buck’s failed hair plug disaster was the most appropriate example of karma the world has ever seen.

What kind of $hIt storm with the Moon Family make whan nobody addresses or referes to The Moon Family Head Coach? TV Announcers on the recruiting trail etc.

What kind of $hIt storm with the Moon Family make whan nobody addresses or referes to The Moon Family Head Coach? TV Announcers on the recruiting trail etc.
You’ll never hear it outside an Iowa press conference, I guarantee it.

There are three people on earth who don’t think it’s completely ridiculous no matter what anyone says. Moon, his wife, and Farta.

Just like how people don’t call it the Piggly Wiggly Outback Bowl presented by Ray’s Hemorrhoid Cream....they just call it the Outback Bowl.

Curt Farence will still just be the Iowa head coach.

Today, the Moons are two of UI Athletics’ most generous supporters, and they’re committed to ensuring future generations of players, coaches, and fans can make their own lasting Hawkeye memories. The Bettendorf, Iowa, couple recently made one of the most significant gifts in the history of Iowa Athletics, the impact of which will be threefold:

• The creation of a new endowment fund that will support the needs and advancement of the Hawkeye football program.
  • The establishment of the Will and Renee Moon Excellence Fund, which will provide unrestricted support for Iowa football and other athletics initiatives, as determined by the Henry B. and Patricia B. Tippie Director of Athletics Chair.
  • Support for the Kinnick Edge Campaign, which revitalized Kinnick Stadium’s north end zone seating and concourse.
In recognition of the Moons’ support, Kirk Ferentz and all future UI head football coaches will hold the title of Moon Family Head Football Coach.

“As we have become better acquainted with Will and Renee, it has become very clear they embody a true spirit of generosity,” says Ferentz, the winningest coach in Iowa history and longest tenured football coach in the nation. “Their commitment in making this gift, in the midst of a pandemic, is a remarkable commitment to their belief in our programs and student-athletes.

This gift is great and all, but the bolded part made me LOLOL.

This is so totally weird. First of all when you give a gift of money, etc to something you shouldn't need to have your name splattered all over the place. Since the Moon's did this they are self-serving in the first degree.

If you want to just give the money, buy your excellent inside box seats, and enjoy the game and the program and the more silent access you get for your dough,

The people that have to have something named after them are really strange.

Oh wait a second, I just discovered a very distant, faint ringed planetary nebula in the background of of a very narrow field Hubble Space Telescope image that I downloaded from the Hubble Legacy Archive and processed into a final image. Should I check to see if anybody has named this nebula and put my name on it. If I did put my name on it I am sure no one would know or take me to be the equivalent of Charles Messier. This is a true story that happened just recently.

Every time I see that clip, which was one of the greatest things in the history of the NFL, I can't help but think of Joe Cuck's sanctimonious rant immediately thereafter and his apology that it was shown on TV.
One of these days Joe Buck is going to meet a mic he didn't think was live and will receive a Thom Brennaman scholarship.

Or maybe a Thom Brennaman Sabbatical?
Never liked his smug entitled condescension. Like Joe, he wouldn't have made it without the old man (who is just as much a douche rocket.) The worst, when he knew he was all but fired, was his attempt to bring his "faith" into the equation.

Why do so many take that route when they all but have their proverbial nuts in a vise?