Kirk is now the Moon Family Head Football Coach

spliff45

Today, the Moons are two of UI Athletics’ most generous supporters, and they’re committed to ensuring future generations of players, coaches, and fans can make their own lasting Hawkeye memories. The Bettendorf, Iowa, couple recently made one of the most significant gifts in the history of Iowa Athletics, the impact of which will be threefold:

• The creation of a new endowment fund that will support the needs and advancement of the Hawkeye football program.
  • The establishment of the Will and Renee Moon Excellence Fund, which will provide unrestricted support for Iowa football and other athletics initiatives, as determined by the Henry B. and Patricia B. Tippie Director of Athletics Chair.
  • Support for the Kinnick Edge Campaign, which revitalized Kinnick Stadium’s north end zone seating and concourse.
In recognition of the Moons’ support, Kirk Ferentz and all future UI head football coaches will hold the title of Moon Family Head Football Coach.

“As we have become better acquainted with Will and Renee, it has become very clear they embody a true spirit of generosity,” says Ferentz, the winningest coach in Iowa history and longest tenured football coach in the nation. “Their commitment in making this gift, in the midst of a pandemic, is a remarkable commitment to their belief in our programs and student-athletes.

This gift is great and all, but the bolded part made me LOLOL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What a joke. Surely this was run past the Moons first, right? They couldn't have, like, politely declined?

The only thing stopping this from being worse is that more such bullshit is sure to follow at other schools.

Is this the fella who runs the Iowa 80 Truck Stop or where did his cash come from?

The Iowa 80 is truly an amazing truck stop. A feat in modern engineering. The museum next to it is $$$$.

I thought this was a really nice recognition of support for the Hawkeye football program. It sounds like it will enhance the program in some big ways. I, for one, appreciate the family’s generosity and commitment to the future.

Waiting
Is this the fella who runs the Iowa 80 Truck Stop or where did his cash come from?

The Iowa 80 is truly an amazing truck stop. A feat in modern engineering. The museum next to it is $$$$.
Yeah, it’s the I-80 Truckstop. His parents opened it then they passed ownership to Will and his sisters

Really nice gift Really Really stupid "Moon Family headcoach" If Barta could figure out a way to hook up Neon signs to football jerseys he would

The use of "Moon anything" evokes images of Kirk performing mass weddings and having a cult like following (Huck), plus it's just really funny...

Correct - they own The Iowa80. Met them in 2019.
They couldn't have been nicer folks and are truly down to earth Hawkeye fans.

How do those conversations go anyway? They sit down and say hey we have 10 mil to throw at ya. We want to have our name to be on Kinnick so it's the "Moon family Kinnick stadium" Barta says no no no we aren't changing that. So they come back and say ok well we want to own the HC so call it the 'Moon family head coach' instead.

The narcissism of folks with money that hey are willing to give never ceases to amaze me. Like if Barta/KF told them no we aren't going to do that and make a mockery of it would they have just not donated? Or did Barta and KF just stick their hands out and say thank you keep it coming? I'm curious how those things go

Latest posts