Kirk Ferentz

I'm not seeing anything on TOS either, and I also didn't know there were any credible posters on The Wasteland.

There's one guy there whose claim to fame is he didn't vote for the current POTUS but otherwise you're correct, that site is a virtual wasteland.

KF has pretty much been a .500 coach over the course of his career at Iowa. Here is the % against BIG teams and against IA State.

[h=2]Record vs. Big Ten Opponents & Rivals[edit][/h]
SchoolTotal GamesWLTPct.PFPA
Illinois9630.667211155
Indiana13850.615432332
Maryland1010.0003138
Michigan11650.545266276
Michigan State13760.538297289
Minnesota161060.625478344
Nebraska [SUP]1[/SUP]4130.2508687
Northwestern14770.500398268
Ohio State9180.111152255
Penn State12840.667179226
Purdue12840.667308253
Rutgers000000
Wisconsin14680.429290281
TOTAL12868600.5313,1282,804

1. Iowa played Nebraska in 1999 & 2000 before Nebraska joined the Big Ten, which would bring Ferentz's record against Nebraska to 1-5.
Iowa plays Iowa State every year for the Cy-Hawk Trophy, Iowa State is Iowa's only non-conference rival.
SchoolTotal GamesWLTPct.PFPA
Iowa State16790.467347289

Look at Indiana, INDY-FREAKIN-ANA. Everyone gets right when they play Indiana EXCEPT Kirk. 8-5. We should be able in each and every year we play them with absolute confidence pen in a win.

As much as we'd all like to see a regime change, I'm beginning to think that we may need to wait until another year to go on a coaching search. Wait until a year where no blue blood programs are also searching. Right now we would be about last in the pecking order, and the other programs would also have about a month head start on us.

We aren't going to be in the running for any of the coaches these quys are likely to go after but not that it'll matter cause barring a freak act of god Ferentz isn't going anyplace.

We aren't going to be in the running for any of the coaches these quys are likely to go after but not that it'll matter cause barring a freak act of god Ferentz isn't going anyplace.

When the time comes, do we keep it "in-house" and hire an "Iowa Man"? Somebody with ties to the program like the Stoops or BB or anyone like that, or open the doors and bring in an outsider?

Eddie P. stated on Soundoff Friday night that BB went to Arkansas to compete for a National Championship. As long as that dream stays alive hes gonna be a Razorback.

Bob Stoops just built a $10 million home in Norman I don't see him moving from any time soon. Mike I'm not sure what he intends to do with his future if he evens wants another HC gig. The jury is still out on the youngest one..

Can we have some kind of "Parallel Universe where Kirk Ferentz could be fired" forum, because half the people in here seem to be having weird fantasies about Kirk Ferentz getting fired.

This.

When we all get over our rage about the collapse against Nebby and Kirt's seeming reluctance to put the best players on the field (for most of his tenure at Iowa), the sad reality is he will be our coach next year and likely many years after that.

I am not optimistic there'll be a change.

My opinion is this which is pretty worthless.

The only way KF is not the Iowa coach for at least the next 2 to 3 years is because a new AD had been hired. And that new AD decided to actually hire a coach who's philosophy resembles the game of football in 2015, not 1975. However, we know a new AD is not happening. Gary Bar Bar is to good at raising money. The product KF puts on the field is not as important as the money Bar Bar brings in.

There is one other way KF is not the Iowa coach and it's this. He decides to retire and forego the rest of his contract. He and his wife have been great at giving back to Iowa. But he doesn't appear to want to give up the $20 million dollars he still has coming his way. Can say in all honesty I may not want to leave either if I were him.

If he stays on as coach and the Iowa program continues is gradual decline, which it is in right now, KF's legacy will be this. A man who built a great program early on but stayed just for the money and didn't have much passion to recruit hard nor put the best players on the field.

Latest posts