Kirk Ferentz Presser Notes (FINAL)

Re: Kirk Ferentz Presser Notes

Tackling: Just keep working at it..like blocking and catching...you only have so many guys out there..try to be smart

How much do that during week: We do controlled tackling drills...best way to simulate actual tackling

As prepare for Pitt easier to prepare given the schemes you seen so far

there is some carry over...I hope we dont carry over from Saturday..at least there are some parallels

Mistakes teachable moments on film for you?

There is as guy I met, he said failing is education...if it is there is some benefit, but there is not fun in losing and leaving the door open..when you do that, you lose...we haveto learn and move forward..we need to be better to get where we are trying to get..but you can only do so much in three days.

Chance to see younger guys in mix more?

It is a daily process. I think about it all of the time..this time of year especially...we will get settled at some point, but this year we were not quite sure what would materialize...when you lose Getz and McCall, that affects things too..we can't go to the waiver wire and cant make trades...

thoughts on Coker's day

We all see him...he took a step forward on Sat but he has work ahead and he knows that. I think its reflective, he got a lot accomplished last week, now time to keep going...cant put ball on ground...not characteristic of him

That's all I have....gotta shift to radio...will have a complete transcript in a couple hours.

Kirk said he never said anything bad about Derrell...and said NFL people did not ask him any questions about Derrell

Nothing about 12 walkons in the two deeps?

Peeing away 1:17 at the end of the half?

Not going for it on 4th and 1?

Nothing?

It is interesting that Johnson is behind Bullock an maybe even Canzeri, especially since Bullock had changed positions. It seemed like there were some good things being said about him in camp.

Press conference not over. Ferentz saying about OT, that at end of the day, thought would be able to get stop. Live and learn, I guess.

Press conference not over. Ferentz saying about OT, that at end of the day, thought would be able to get stop. Live and learn, I guess.

he must not learn easily as Iowas defense has blown 4th quarter leads in what, the last 5 to 6 times we lost

Disappointing to see DeAndre Johnson hasn't been able to work his way in the mix and is now behind Bullock. Regardless, Coker will be exponentially better if we can develop a nice compliment to his style. Who would have thought that an injury to our number 2 running back in the first game of the year could be the difference between 6 wins and 9 wins?!

Did KF say anything about the overall morale of the team?

Latest posts