Kirk Ferentz on the Dan Patrick Show - this morning!!!!!

Kirk never thought that being from Pitt and you told him he'd live in Iowa for 20 yrs of his adult life and he would raise 5 kids w/ his wife, he would have called you nuts

Did Ferentz want the Steelers colors?

That was Coach Fry's call...we might not be a good team when we break the huddle, but we're going to look good! No interest in changing the uniforms!

If Bradford was your player, what would you do?

Kirk wouldn't put him in...Moeaki referenced, how he was cleared but held out. Take care of the player, coaches responsibility.

Talked to Belichick this past weekend, following their big win over the Titans.

Dan wants to jump on the Iowa bandwagon. Ferentz says he thinks we're setting a record for ranked games playing as underdogs...

KF came off good. Light conversation, as DP tends to keep it light, but sounded good. Love the national attention.

Kirk says he hopes this interview doesn't jinx the Team

+ says he doesn't pay much attention to the BCS, just take care of business

+ says Big 10 would need to add a team in order to have a Championship game

+ would like to have a round-robin where all teams play each other within the conference - like the pac-10 does

+Dan is asking a lot of questions about NC game

+Kirk shys away from naming a definite team to add to the Big10

+Kirk is asked about the possibility of returning to the NFL - he says "Never say Never"..........but he lets his record speak for itself and during 2 stints at UofI - he has spent 20 years in Iowa City

+Says Tony Mo was cleared to play against PSU and Ark. St. - but didn't want to rush things - He wanted Tony @ 100%
Insinuated that Sam Bradford may have been rushed back

+Dan asked if he can jump on the Hawkeye bandwagon......Kirk says wait till after thanksgiving and then hold on to the Bumper!

Last edited:
The 1st thing KF says after the intro from DP and him mentioning the Hawks are undefeated:

"Yeah, I hope we didnt just jinx it"

He is soooooo supersticious!!

I agree, but the tone was different there, IMO.

I think he clarified himself quite well. It's clear he doesn't want to be seen in the likeness of the Chiziks of the coaching world. He said when he was at Baltimore he never saw himself going back to the college game and three years later there he was. He's saying he has no interest in the going back to the NFL but he's felt that way before and things can change. I didn't take too much from it.

Good interview. KF comes off as humble, confident, and focused. He's plays a little paddy cake with some of the questions and holds his ground when DP presses him. Good exposure.

Latest posts