Kirk Ferentz Hate Thread...please post here only.

Yeah...like "he's intentionally trying to lose games." "He always choses the least effective QB." "He cares about getting good jobs for his family and wants the close to him." Very insightful stuff to have to wade through content for.

Kf fans are turning almost as many threads into into Kf debates as the Kirk haters. Im trying to not turn the topic to KF but if its being talked about then Im fine with discussing it. Really there is not much else to talk about right now. If you give it three months Im sure Ill have plenty of new things about Kirk to talk about.

I dont understand how its so hard to weed through what you dont want to read. There is very little site activity right now. There is always the ignore feature.

I don't hate KF. He has failed to replace quality assistant coaches that have left/retired and he has failed to recruit enough good BIG players over the past 6 seasons. In spite of this, he has not failed to sign contract extensions for large raises. With past success and high pay, comes high expectations.
He's earned the praises of those past seasons. Now he has earned the scorn that follows poor seasons.
Can't have praise for both circumstances, ladies.

I don't hate KF. He has failed to replace quality assistant coaches that have left/retired and he has failed to recruit enough good BIG players over the past 6 seasons. In spite of this, he has not failed to sign contract extensions for large raises. With past success and high pay, comes high expectations.
He's earned the praises of those past seasons. Now he has earned the scorn that follows poor seasons.

WIN

Good post.

See I can be unbiased in my views of KF. Why? Because lightning used a small paragraph to get his point across and made some very rational points. He's not letting his opinion on KF get the best of him. He's not pulling crap out of thin air that doesn't make any sense. Summarized: He has a fair point, and he's not trying to exaggerate or be over the top negative to make it. Which means he's not making ridiculous uninformed statements.

After some of the posts we've seen from a few others in the past couple weeks it's kind of refreshing to see someone sum up the frustration a lot of Hawk fans have with KF so nicely without being over the top. I do realize some people intentionally go over the top just to try to get a reaction. It's like learning about Islam from a member of the Taliban vs. learning about it from your average Muslim. You're gonna get two different versions.

Fans like winning. Fans do not like losing. Fans really do not like losing to bottom feeders like ISU, directional Michigan and Indiana. Fans really, really do not like losing to bottom feeders when the coach is making $3.8M/yr and gives answers like "that's football" when multiple games are lost on special teams gaffes.

Fans like winning. Fans do not like losing. Fans really do not like losing to bottom feeders like ISU, directional Michigan and Indiana. Fans really, really do not like losing to bottom feeders when the coach is making $3.8M/yr and gives answers like "that's football" when multiple games are lost on special teams gaffes.

Dang tough to arue with this.....

I still think KF can turn things around, but Neil hit the nail on this one. Win....it fixes what ails ya......

Truer words have never been spoken.

I would also add the failure to keep players in the program in recent years. Attrition has been a killer.

Well said.

Sometimes it's hard to be positive when everything your coach does is the opposite of what works for other teams. I watched every game last season, and we would have something that was working well, and I swear it seemed like we would intentionally switch from what was working to something that didn't work. Example: the flea flicker early in the season that worked beautifully. Did we see any trickery like that the rest of the season? Nope. That's just one example of the mind boggling frustration that KF creates.

Obviously, you weren't around for "early Hayden" when...we actually ran a Statue of Liberty...TWO PLAYS IN A ROW.

(In other words, "trick" plays work multiple times. "Gimmick" plays do NOT work multiple times)

Dean...OOTHawk...et al...allow me to mediate and summarize.

Specific errors in detail aside, the summary point remains.

This kind of embarrassing performance and uninspiring leadership... particularly on a big stage (National TV) gets people in most other jobs demoted, if not fired.

Really? Eric Holder says that's a fallacy.

Forgive the later entry...but major bonus points for the Brother Jed reference. Is he still around?

<<Is he still around?>>

I "googled" several years ago. Seems to me he is, in some form or other. I seem to remember he married Sister Cindy, a good move given the year she walked onto the Pentacrest visibly with child...

mariobump.jpg

Latest posts