Kirk Ferentz Hate Thread...please post here only.

Not silly. Even if silly, it still defines a group of people in the spectrum of how Hawk fans view KF, thus a meaningful response to the previous poster who set out 4 groups into which Hawk fans fall on the issue. And yes, even great coaches can have a disappointing year, but truly great coaches don't have disappointing years which are disappointing for the very reason that the coaching itself caused the disappointment. Poor clock maintenance, complete unpreparedness in all facets of special teams, lack of two-minute offense, overly predictable play calling on offense and failure to teach awareness on defense of the slightly less predictable "trick plays" coming from the opposition, lack of leadership over player morale down the stretch of the season, etc. etc., was the difference between a conference championship and 7-5 that year. No one disputes that the talent on that team was capable of winning the Big Ten. I would offer a similar challenge, to name a great coach who's coaching blunders resulted in a disappointing season.

he's a troll missouriherk, don't indulge him. he's just throwing a tantrum because not everyone agrees with him that KF is the worst coach ever.

STFU WOTC

this really got out of hand in a hurry.

th

I think it is fairly obvious that 136 wasn't bashing on JVB.

I believe him. He explained above what he was getting at and I think thats fair.

Still feel bad for him though. JVB was Iowa whipping boy and sucks that his Sr. yr had to be the way it was.

OP...you should try taking your own advice before having the nerve to turn around and do the same thing yourself.

This is a nice little post from WinOneThisCentury in the thread dedicated to the Iowa Football trailers taking supplies to the victims of the Oklahoma tornados.

Well, let's hope that Kirk Ferentz isn't driving...they would never get there on time and would be so conservative in their speed, that you would think they were driving to Central America. His response, "well, that's disaster relief". Even this thread is not immune...lol.

Ok, thats one from 2 and a half years ago at the tail end of one of the most disappointing seasons in Iowa history. Keep digging, bud.

Searches only go to 2010 guess you have to believe or not believe. But for the record I would trade coaching staff with Wisconsin again right now, and pretty much any big ten school

any coach who has success at iowa will be considered an outstanding football coach...maybe even a hall of fame coach.

OP...you should try taking your own advice before having the nerve to turn around and do the same thing yourself.

This is a nice little post from WinOneThisCentury in the thread dedicated to the Iowa Football trailers taking supplies to the victims of the Oklahoma tornados.

Hey, Sparky...check a dictionary under humor...and the absurdity of any thread being hijacked with KF hate...I was kind of making a point...but you keep your head in the sand...it suits you. Inconceivable...I don't think this word means what you think it does.

For the record, I'm a supporter of KF...always have been. I've always felt, with a little offensive ingenuity and the right OC, we could win an NC.

Hey, Sparky...check a dictionary under humor...and the absurdity of any thread being hijacked with KF hate...I was kind of making a point...but you keep your head in the sand...it suits you. Inconceivable...I don't think this word means what you think it does.

For the record, I'm a supporter of KF...always have been. I've always felt, with a little offensive ingenuity and the right OC, we could win an NC.

I agree if Kirk had the right OC and stayed home on Saturday Iowa would have a shot at a NC.

For the record, I'm a supporter of KF...always have been. I've always felt, with a little offensive ingenuity and the right OC, we could win an NC.[/QUOTE]

Oh mercy come on now why would you say that which one these things makes you think kf could ever win a national championship.

* his great clock management skills
* his great record in close games
* his ability to adjust in game
* his ability to stop/predict obvious fake punt on side kick situations
* his great recruiting
* his great game planning on both sides of the ball

Iowa had one amazing coach for 13 years it was Norm Parker without him kf might have not even seen one contract extension.

I truly do hate his game clock mgmt "style" and how he gives snarky answers at pc's.

But further, I hate how he calls plays that everyone in Kinnick knows he shouldn't. I hate how he earns so much more than me. I hate how he wears a head set, but doesn't listen to any ones ideas from upstairs.

Didn't I used to see you throwing stuff at Brother Jed down at the Pentacrest and handing out "Eat Organic" pamphlets at the IMU?

Oh mercy come on now why would you say that which one these things makes you think kf could ever win a national championship.

* his great clock management skills
* his great record in close games
* his ability to adjust in game
* his ability to stop/predict obvious fake punt on side kick situations
* his great recruiting
* his great game planning on both sides of the ball

Iowa had one amazing coach for 13 years it was Norm Parker without him kf might have not even seen one contract extension.[/QUOTE]

HawkPhreek, please know that you are my new hero!

FreedComanche

I agree if Kirk had the right OC and stayed home on Saturday Iowa would have a shot at a NC.

As nuts and psychotic as this sounds, it's actually a good idea. Can you honestly say that they would have done any worse last year if he wasn't on the sideline during games?

Let him work with the O-line during the week. Keep him the H--- away from the field during the game.

FreedComanche

I'll look up humor if you look up hypocrite.

Latest posts