Kirk Ferentz era All Star team vs. 2012-2013 BCS Alabama team

Some people seem to think Alabama could beat a bad NFL team, obviously they couldn't and the idea that they could is stupid. .

No way is right, these people are stupid.

I remember around 1976 my Iowa City Regina friends thought the Regina team with Mark Gannon would beat Lute's hawkeyes. that is pure stupidity, sky king and scotty thompson would both go for 40 against high schoolers, especially 1-A teams

No way is right, these people are stupid.

I remember around 1976 my Iowa City Regina friends thought the Regina team with Mark Gannon would beat Lute's hawkeyes. that is pure stupidity, sky king and scotty thompson would both go for 40 against high schoolers, especially 1-A teams

I would not have liked Lickliter's chances against Ames High or maybe Simeon or Whitney Young in his final year.

I would rather have Mo Brown then DJK. If he was here and healthy for 4 years he would have broken records.

You can't compare how an NFL player and a college player would play against each other, it isn't a fair scenario unless you start to change the ages of players.

So if you take Robert Gallery for example, is Robert at 18 years old or 20 years old, even 25 year old? How old is he?

Besides who is to say that 1-4 years from now that many of not all of this Alabama team is in the NFL?

Ok, I am a clown and I will "get real" with hypothetical situations that cannot be proven as FACT.

So again...I will "get real".

REad teh title of OP!!! Man, get real!! haha :) the title means all the hawk all stars in their best season when they were all stars. Hawks win

I would not have liked Lickliter's chances against Ames High or maybe Simeon or Whitney Young in his final year.

Haha, yeah now lick's teams are a different story, his last team was really bad. but still, they would beat an Iowa high school team

REad teh title of OP!!! Man, get real!! haha :) the title means all the hawk all stars in their best season when they were all stars. Hawks win

For instance you would 09 Clayborn who was one of the best D ends in the nation. Not '10 Clayborn who sucked balls.

We actually had an extensive on here in November '10 in which I argued that the Doug McDermott/Harrison Barnes Ames team would beat Lickliter's team that year. Sadly, that thread got lost in the Time Warp.

I have little doubt they would have beaten Iowa. Not only did Ames have a NBA lottery pick and a Wooden contender, but the jump from high school to college isn't as large as it is from college to the pros. Barnes and McDermott were just 2-3 years younger than a bad Iowa team's best players in a sport where freshmen can make serious impacts from Day one.

The jump from college football to the NFL is different. It's more physically demanding, and you're facing guys 6-7 years older than you and in their prime.

There's a reason basketball players can go pro after one year and football players have to wait 3.

Latest posts